Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

76 - 100 of 690 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Alejandra M T

Feb 04, 2020

This was a great course covering all the basics of essay writing. I found the tips to be very useful. Looking forward to taking the next course in the specialization.

By Syed J P

Feb 02, 2019

Very useful course to improve your skills in a very systematic and effective way.Strongly recommended for everyone who wants to improve their academic writing skills.

By Juan F P

Nov 23, 2015

It is a clear and simply course about how to write an essay. I did not know too much about writing before I take it, but now I feel confident to write a good essay.

By Liu A

Nov 17, 2015

It is a very fabulous writing course, from which I learned different writing styles and the important writing elements that a professor looks for. Thank you, Irvine

By Neer

Nov 18, 2016

Best teaching approach and superb explanation of all the course material. Each and every week is so well designed that I learned a lot of things in flow.

Thank You.

By Naviasil L M T

Sep 28, 2020

It was really helpful, I really appreciate for all the suport material and also examples that could improve my writing skills. I definitely recommend this course.

By Faruk M

Jan 19, 2016

"Tamy Chapman" you are the best teacher ever I've seen before. Your teaching and your course are very understandable and simple. Thanks a lot for all this stuff.

By Wahed A

Jun 21, 2017

This course is an essential step for anyone who needs to start writing essays. Now, I have a great confedance to write about any subject. I highly recommend it.

By Edith G M

Feb 29, 2016

It was a tough course! I loved the way the teacher explained everything so clearly with good examples. My writing skills had improved tremendously!

Thank you!

By Kapil M

Nov 05, 2019

This course helped me start writing essays. Though it could be better if it had more practice prompts and some feedback given by the educator on our writing.

By Mubashar R

Mar 26, 2016

This course is excellent. I learned English in school but forget it over time. I found this course an excellent source to revise my English writing skills.

By DEVANSH B

May 16, 2020

Excellent and interactive course which helps us to improve our English Essay writing skills a lot. Thank you for everyone's feedback. It was very helpful.

By Teju A

Jul 25, 2020

this is so helpful education, especially for English learner students. I am so glad because I took this subject. I recommend others to take this class.

By Carlos D

Nov 11, 2017

The skills that you learn in this course have immediate application in real life either in a business or personal environment, this is a great course.

By Noman A

Jul 29, 2020

I have found this course very helpful for writing improved Essays. Now, it is easy for me to understand the structure of the various types of essays.

By Ameer A

Sep 28, 2020

A very helpful course if someone is trying to learn how to write a perfect essay. It clears all your doubts and problems related to essay writing.

By Rupok C

Jul 21, 2020

Great way to explain how different categories of essays should be constructed. Before the course, I did not know about contrast and compare essays.

By Christian A M R

Aug 03, 2017

A very well-organized course. Good for anyone who wants to start writing essays or is about to enroll college at a English language institution.

By Shimaa A M H

Jul 12, 2020

This course ensure me : there is a great writer inside you.

I discover my self as a writer

This course give me a chance to discover this skills.

By Muhammad K

Feb 24, 2017

This is very comprehensive course for learning about styles of different essays in just four weeks. Videos are short and yet cover all aspects.

By Daniel R U

Aug 31, 2020

The content is great. But I think the peer-grading could be better, as it is too superficial (it only takes formatting criteria into aaccount)

By Husanov S

Aug 10, 2020

Very good online education. Thank you to administration and teachers very much . From this time I try to learn the other things from Coursera!

By Osvaldo E P

Aug 07, 2018

This is a very useful course. Helped me to reinforce my previous knowledge and gave me practica cues on how to tackel the essay writting task.

By Rose A C M

Jun 08, 2020

This course is helpful as it makes writing essay easier. I learned how to make an outline before writing ;thus, it made my essay organize.

By Laptsun D

I learned how to write essays, form thoughts and ideas. Learned about new phrases to write. This course gave me a lot of new knowledge.