Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

BD

Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

76 - 100 of 456 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Ленара А

Feb 15, 2016

This course was very helpful, and I apply my new knowledge not only in english, but in any other language.

By Rafael M

Feb 11, 2016

The course could be harder on us students to make some of us understand better and have a better practice.

By Rosilene A

Dec 15, 2015

Very good not only for essays but for every kind of writing, it opens our mind and improve our vocabulary!

By Chiranjeevi

Nov 28, 2015

The course gave me good information on writing Academic essays. This certainly helped with my MBA essays.

By Sudip B

Sep 02, 2016

Most advanced course for essay writing. None of the MOOc has prepared such qualitative course till date.

By michelle a

Aug 03, 2019

It help me boost my writing skills so quickly! I really enjoyed the content and the practice exercises.

By Xu

Nov 19, 2018

An interesting course. It is useful for me, a non-native speaker, to improve academic writing ability.

By Rabi M

Jun 15, 2018

These academic writing courses are some of my most memorable experiences in the history of my studies.

By Maely I

Feb 07, 2017

I really enjoy the course, now I have the argumentative essay structure in my mind. Thank you so much.

By Helena C D B

Feb 15, 2016

I loved the course. All lectures are well designed and clear, the exercises are concise and practical!

By Danhua

Dec 28, 2015

Very helpful. This course teaches me the basics and I had some improvement on writing after taking it.

By Morozov V

Aug 28, 2016

Very useful course for people who want to level up their writing skills and improve their essay stile

By 余淼

Dec 02, 2015

This module is very practical, and is very useful to people who want to improve their writing skills.

By Calvin B

Aug 31, 2019

After I completed this class, I am comfortable to write any style of writing English without errors.

By Diana M H

Apr 01, 2018

Again .. you are so easy .. can explain easily .. provide gradual quizzes.

I am so lucky to join you.

By Abolfazl A

Oct 23, 2017

This course contain simple and useful context. I liked its structure and ways of talking. Good Job!

By Maheed U

Feb 08, 2017

this is course is just wow!!!! i have learnt a lot - will defiantly help me using it in my career.

By Husam E A M I

Jul 27, 2018

this course contain many inspirational components and I hop really to take most of it's benefits.

By Ankit B

May 11, 2018

I really like the assignment oriented approach. It is the best way to improve the writing skills.

By Faezeh E

Dec 13, 2016

It's absolutely amazing! I highly recommend every non-native english speaker to take this course.

By Dwight N O T

Mar 18, 2016

it is very interesting, it´s not only for writing...its for life what they´re teaching, thank you

By Samiyah B

Jun 23, 2016

I learned so much and this course was a really big help in leveling up my essay writing skills.

By Alaa A G

May 23, 2016

An excellent course that provide to the learner who to write an essay and who to understand it.

By Kapil K

Oct 05, 2019

It was a great course and being a master student I have learned so much new and worthy stuff.

By Lorena B

Jan 17, 2017

I learn several topics about writing essay. It helped me to improve my writing skills. Thanks