Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU
Feb 10, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

BD
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

101 - 125 of 735 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Osvaldo E P

Aug 6, 2018

This is a very useful course. Helped me to reinforce my previous knowledge and gave me practica cues on how to tackel the essay writting task.

By Jennyflor G M

Nov 27, 2020

Every lecture videos and the short quizzes in there are very helpful. I would really recommend this course especially to students like me.

By Rose A C M

Jun 7, 2020

This course is helpful as it makes writing essay easier. I learned how to make an outline before writing ;thus, it made my essay organize.

By Laptsun D

I learned how to write essays, form thoughts and ideas. Learned about new phrases to write. This course gave me a lot of new knowledge.

By Hoàng N Q C

Apr 1, 2020

The course is really helpful for me. It helps me to know difference kinds of essays and have an overview how to deal with each of them.

By Gnanasambandapillai V

Nov 1, 2015

Although I studied only week1, I would like to give feedback because students who are not good at writing should not miss this course.

By Megha N

May 13, 2020

This course is excellent. I highly recommend everyone irrespective of their background in academic writing to do it. Thank You, Team!

By BODDANI G S 2

Sep 23, 2020

I am very thankful for Coursera first for offering this course. I have earned many so, much of experience and new thoughts thank you

By Yinxiatao

Oct 2, 2016

The professor is very good at guiding students through essay writing. I am looking forward to taking more courses introduced by her.

By Anicht

Nov 22, 2015

It's a big challenge for me to write an essay each week. But I'm really happy to attend this course since I learn a lot from it :)

By Jamshaid C

May 5, 2020

I really love essay writing. many tiny yet complex concepts were made easy by Ms. Tamy Chapman. her teaching style is motivating.

By Pratheek D

Feb 23, 2019

For a beginner to get an understanding on how to model your essay. The course delves into different ways on how to write an essay

By Angelica M

Jan 10, 2016

Very well explained. I learnt a lot form the teacher. The assignments are easy and very productive. They provide good material.

By Francisco A O A

Aug 3, 2017

The best course on essay writing I have taken in my life. In fact, it is the only one! It will help me achieve my objectives.

By omar m f

Apr 10, 2017

Recommended for anyone who want to learn more about the language skills especially in writing

well it's comprehensive course.

By Nandiya

Aug 31, 2016

this course is very helpful for me improving my writing skill. thanks to those who are the tutors of this course. thank you.

By Julianna

Jul 9, 2020

Great informative and practices, such as writing assignments and quizzes. Top quality course and I would highly recommend!

By Diptiman B

Jan 3, 2017

Very helpful course! The instructor took the learner through carefully designed material and I'm happy I took the course!

By Aung M H

Feb 12, 2016

It is a very effective and useful course. It helps me improve my writing skill a lot. Thank you so much coursera and UCI.

By Xenia K

Feb 10, 2016

Short videos, variety of exercises and interaction with other colleagues make this course a very interesting experience!

By Amit C D

Jul 14, 2020

It's really a amazing experience with this course.! Indeed, it's very helpful in case of enhance my writing skill 😊

By Felipe N

Feb 29, 2020

It's an amazing course, I learned a lot about grammar and essays. This course will help me look for a job. Thank you!

By Dennis O

Sep 29, 2020

I learned a lot about the right and effective ways to write about different types of essays. This is a good course

By Letian W

Jan 22, 2019

By learning this part, I realised how to structure an essay. I would highly recommend this session to my friends.

Feb 6, 2016

It was a great course and I learned a lot from it.. Unfortunately, I'm short on cash and can't do the assignments