Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU
Feb 10, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

BD
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

151 - 175 of 759 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Ленара А

Feb 15, 2016

This course was very helpful, and I apply my new knowledge not only in english, but in any other language.

By Rafa M

Feb 11, 2016

The course could be harder on us students to make some of us understand better and have a better practice.

By Rosilene A

Dec 15, 2015

Very good not only for essays but for every kind of writing, it opens our mind and improve our vocabulary!

By Manosh C H

Jun 7, 2020

Great course if you want to improve your writing skills, I will highly recommend it for college students.

By Rumiyati

May 15, 2020

thank you so much for your lessons in this course. I have learned a lot in getting started with an essay.

By Chiranjeevi

Nov 28, 2015

The course gave me good information on writing Academic essays. This certainly helped with my MBA essays.

By Marcelo G C C

Aug 31, 2020

Very great course. I learned so much I don't now how much details could hace an essay. Very interesting

By RIYA D S

Jul 31, 2020

I enjoyed the course. If you really want to enhance your writing skills, you should opt for this course.

By Sudip B

Sep 2, 2016

Most advanced course for essay writing. None of the MOOc has prepared such qualitative course till date.

By Katherine M M B

Sep 24, 2020

Excellent instruction guide on how to do an essay in the correct way, explained in a very detailed way.

By Salman K

Sep 6, 2020

this course is very interesting, informative and helpful. i learnt the basics of essay and their types.

By Jordy F C L

Jun 1, 2020

Excellent way to learn and improve writing skills, also the peer review help more than I would imagine.

By michelle a

Aug 3, 2019

It help me boost my writing skills so quickly! I really enjoyed the content and the practice exercises.

By Xu

Nov 19, 2018

An interesting course. It is useful for me, a non-native speaker, to improve academic writing ability.

By Rabi M

Jun 15, 2018

These academic writing courses are some of my most memorable experiences in the history of my studies.

By Maely I

Feb 7, 2017

I really enjoy the course, now I have the argumentative essay structure in my mind. Thank you so much.

By Helena C D B

Feb 14, 2016

I loved the course. All lectures are well designed and clear, the exercises are concise and practical!

By Danhua

Dec 28, 2015

Very helpful. This course teaches me the basics and I had some improvement on writing after taking it.

By Morozov V

Aug 28, 2016

Very useful course for people who want to level up their writing skills and improve their essay stile

By 余淼

Dec 1, 2015

This module is very practical, and is very useful to people who want to improve their writing skills.

By Aaron M

Nov 23, 2020

This course was very refreshing and reopened my eyes on how to structure and write effective essays.

By supriti b

Jul 29, 2020

I recommend this course as it helps in revisiting the basic structures of different types of essays.

By Lalit N

Jul 25, 2020

Really Good, This is support my professional Career. Thank you Coursea Giving me this opportunities.

By JONNALA S R

May 9, 2020

Very nicely designed. Good Course to take. Nice explanation. Offering series of courses. Thank you..

By Calvin B

Aug 31, 2019

After I completed this class, I am comfortable to write any style of writing English without errors.