Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

176 - 200 of 707 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Lorena B

Jan 17, 2017

I learn several topics about writing essay. It helped me to improve my writing skills. Thanks

By Honey-Rose L

Feb 21, 2016

I enjoyed learning the different ways to write an essay and the differences as per each type.

By Saket P

Mar 16, 2020

Excellent course. Helped me immensely in writing academic essay. Highly recommended. Thanks.

By Juan G C M

Aug 25, 2016

...it is a great opportnity to improve your understanding about your college writting style.

By Jose A M G

Apr 01, 2016

Really good course. I've learn a lot. It makes student interact with each other really well.

By Ng K

Nov 21, 2015

Good course with practice and interaction with other students to improve own writing styles.

By Majid Y A A

Aug 05, 2020

It has been a great writing journey, I learnt a lot of it and the instructors were amazing.

By Nailya

Thank you for the course! It is so helpful for those who never been taught to write essays.

By Rajeev K S

I achieved very much informative knowledge to enhance my Communication skills in my career.

By Ibrahim a

Mar 11, 2019

I'm really thankful to all the instructors who gave and shared their effort and background.

By Sayed A M

Oct 19, 2017

It is just awesome!!! I love this, it change my writing style and my believe about English.

By Nuria A

Nov 15, 2015

The teacher explains very well how to write the different types of essays.

Very interesting.

By Marwa R A

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks, coursera community! This course is very rich, useful and it is a great help to me.

By Marie G A N

Jul 03, 2019

Very well structured and useful course. It helped me a lot in my writing for university.

By Alejandro R

Apr 14, 2018

It's very educational to a student writing and aspiring to one's dream of being a writer.

By Pore J

Feb 24, 2016

One of the best courses by Coursera, it significantly helps me increase my writing skill.

By Mariana P V

Dec 26, 2015

It's a great course. Simple, clear and so many things that you can learn every session :)

By Nada E T A

Nov 04, 2017

This course has improved my writing skills than I had imagined. It was also so much fun!

By Diego S

Jun 24, 2016

I'm actually pretty happy with this course; I'll keep progressing to the Specialization.

By Lina L

Aug 09, 2020

Thank you for this course that teaches me how to write an essay, now I understand more.

By Do D K

Dec 11, 2019

Thanks this Course, After learn this course, I understand and apply when writing Essay.

By Bochra L

Mar 10, 2016

Thank you so much for providing such program , i have learned alot of things in here !

By MIYAKE Y

Jul 23, 2020

This course offered an good opportunity for me to learn how to organise essay writing.

By Murilo M d S

Aug 04, 2017

Great course, very well explained how to format essays. Many thanks for this learning.

By Sherrie

Dec 05, 2015

Great course. Very easy to understand the formula for writing proper essays. Thanks!