Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

BD

Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

376 - 400 of 465 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Amogh P

Feb 26, 2017

Course material was good. But, I was hoping the essay corrections and feedback will be given by experienced teachers/instructors, was disappointed at this as it was given by the fellow students!

By dina r

Nov 24, 2015

It is super nice, but still needs more challenging concepts, sometimes I found it was mostly information I knew while it could be something I never paid attention to regarding the subject.

By Ashish P

Jan 12, 2017

A very good course for those who want to learn English composition or essay writing, or both. If you are looking for developing your writing skill, you must give it a try.

By Fang D

May 31, 2018

Very basic college level essay writing instructions. If you never learned anything about how college level academic writing, then you wouldn't want to miss this course.

By Katherine G

Apr 26, 2019

Very good course. I don't think the repetition of information is necessary therefore I am giving 4 stars instead of 5. The rest of the aspects are perfect.

By tahniath

Jun 14, 2016

Nice course! But in my opinion, it needs to give more practice exercises for each sub topic so that student doesnt think the course as fast paced.

By Jim O

Mar 15, 2018

Nice Refresher course. I had forgotten many aspects of compare/contrast, cause & effect and argumentative essays. Looking forward to the next c

By Bhim B k c

Feb 15, 2016

Very good lecture videos,sample essays and quiz. I enjoyed taking this course. It helped me a lot how write the essay. I would like to thank

By Miguel

Mar 03, 2019

It was good. Adapted for beginner. I think the apps need improvements as some of the activities do not work when working in the Ipad.

By Yasmin M

Apr 21, 2016

I believe that this course make me more comfortable writing. I like the lessons and the teacher is very clear in explication.

By Dali Y

Feb 19, 2018

Would be great to have close comments of the tutors if possible to know what’s wrong and where to advance

Thanks

By ajaypal s d

Jan 29, 2016

The instructor way of guiding is highly commendable as a result the concepts can be easily comprehended.

By Moayed A

Mar 03, 2016

For those who find it hard to write good Essays. This course is made for you.

Great and very informal.

By Slesha S

Oct 11, 2019

This course was very helpful. But the problem is that it takes a lot of time to receive your grade.

By Layla a

Nov 01, 2015

The course is very well organised.

Ideas are clear and precise.

Not too much talk to say a little.

By hanwenzhang

Mar 20, 2016

it is very helpful, and if could have more details about sample essays, would be better.

By Richa g

Apr 18, 2017

I wish we could have feedback from coursera organizer as well for further improvement.

By Aicha g

Feb 11, 2018

very goog course ..very well explaned but also need more paractices and reviews

By Paula P d O

Jun 27, 2016

Very good!!! After the course, I feel more confident to writing an essay.

By Jason M

Jan 24, 2016

I enjoyed this course; although, I only participated in the free version.

By Avril C

Sep 23, 2017

Fantastic course for refreshing knowledge on grammar and essay writing.

By David A R B

Jul 27, 2016

Nice introduction to essay writing. It gives several tips and examples.

By Jeffrey R S

Dec 15, 2016

Very Good. But still, I think we need the feedback of the professor.

By Prabhu S S

Jun 13, 2016

This course really helps improvise and develop essay writing skills.

By Rodrigo S A

Jan 10, 2017

Great course, I learnt a lot of writing and improve my skills.