Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

BD
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

MU
Feb 10, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

651 - 675 of 767 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Yetzy A

I would had enjoy having feedback from actual educators or someone who is qualify to give proper critic.

By ajaypal s d

Jan 29, 2016

The instructor way of guiding is highly commendable as a result the concepts can be easily comprehended.

By Ivan C

Sep 27, 2020

I think it would be awesome if there is a direct review of student's assignments from the instructor.

By Moayed A

Mar 3, 2016

For those who find it hard to write good Essays. This course is made for you.

Great and very informal.

By Slesha S

Oct 11, 2019

This course was very helpful. But the problem is that it takes a lot of time to receive your grade.

By Layla a

Nov 1, 2015

The course is very well organised.

Ideas are clear and precise.

Not too much talk to say a little.

By Shashank D

Didn't like the peer reviews. They are most useless, act as blockers and waste a lot of time.

By hanwenzhang

Mar 20, 2016

it is very helpful, and if could have more details about sample essays, would be better.

By Richa g

Apr 18, 2017

I wish we could have feedback from coursera organizer as well for further improvement.

By Aicha g

Feb 11, 2018

very goog course ..very well explaned but also need more paractices and reviews

By Pao R

Apr 7, 2020

Follow up with the essay and grammar to know where we are doing our mistakes

By Paula P

Jun 27, 2016

Very good!!! After the course, I feel more confident to writing an essay.

By Jason M

Jan 24, 2016

I enjoyed this course; although, I only participated in the free version.

By Avril C

Sep 23, 2017

Fantastic course for refreshing knowledge on grammar and essay writing.

By David A R B

Jul 27, 2016

Nice introduction to essay writing. It gives several tips and examples.

By Mohamed H

Nov 23, 2020

Very great course and I 've learned a lot about essay writing from it.

By Jeffrey R S

Dec 15, 2016

Very Good. But still, I think we need the feedback of the professor.

By Prabhu S S

Jun 13, 2016

This course really helps improvise and develop essay writing skills.

By Rodrigo S A

Jan 9, 2017

Great course, I learnt a lot of writing and improve my skills.

By Brian T

Mar 16, 2016

This is a great course to advance your English writing skills.

By salamades

Aug 12, 2016

Good course. Too bad we can t access to everything for free.

By Nwet G

Nov 5, 2015

Leaning from thesis sentence, supporting ideas and topic .

By Jim P M B

Nov 14, 2020

This helps a lot in improving our essay writing skills.

By Oluwasegun p I

Jun 3, 2019

Insightful, I learnt well about essays and their layout

Sep 7, 2018

some topics was interesting while others i already know