Back to Fundamentals of GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of GIS by University of California, Davis

Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules: Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions. Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map. Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product. Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data. Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program. Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization....

VM
Oct 4, 2020

I finished the course, I do not know why it indicates to me as if I had not finished\n\nI would like answer, please. My email: vic_vmrm@hotmail.com\n\nWhy don't answer me?\n\nRegards\n\nVictor Ramon

BJ
Dec 27, 2018

the content is awesome. i would recommend it to those who need to have some basic knowledge of GIS. it's very easy to learn the ArcGIS because of the instructions and demos given by the instructor.

451 - 475 of 1,317 Reviews for Fundamentals of GIS

By Jasper S

Jun 9, 2017

Well organized and structured. Gives you basic knowledge of GIS to be able to view projects or to build upon in the future.

By Mauro d T

Jan 3, 2017

Nick Santos is the greatest instructor! I came from not ever having opened ArcGIS to making simple maps in the second week.

By Erha F

Jan 2, 2021

A very good productive course in general! The peer-review final homework set higher standards for this course than others.

By Diannah B

Feb 8, 2021

I learned a lot, though I'm a hands on learner so I needed the books to help me out when it came to the final assignment.

By Rodrigo p

Excellent course , the instructor is very good and he explain clearly all of the themes , i wanna go to the second level.

By Leane H

Sep 6, 2017

Very good course! Easy to understand tutorials and the assignments are practical. Looking forward to the next GIS course.

By Juan E S M G

Aug 8, 2016

An amazing course an excelent material and an excelent teacher. I would like in my country the education was as Coursera.

By Ipshita P P

Oct 22, 2020

This course is execellent.Easy to understand and crisp and clear.I improve my basics about GIS thanks to the instructor.

By Nikola N

May 14, 2020

The course covered the fundamentals of GIS with touching some advanced options and intriguing us for what more there is.

By Mark G

Feb 1, 2019

Nick Santos lectures were clear, assignment instructions also helpful. The project was a tremendous learning experience.

By Sayed S

Sep 24, 2018

Thank you for this interesting first course in the field of GIS as a beginning in this field

I wish you further progress

By Taryn S

Feb 23, 2021

The homework assignments have a step by step walk thru which is immensely helpful for hands on learners such as myself.

By Victor D C P

Jul 21, 2020

It is a great opportunity to briefly learn about the big world of GIS and how to start and finish and map in a nutshell

By Mo'men S M

Dec 2, 2019

a great course to know the basics of GIS science and how to work on arcgis to make labeled maps and processing the data

By Mani N

Oct 22, 2017

Really more useful for basic learner ...and its very help for me...the way of teaching and practical works are amazing

By Khaled M S

Jun 8, 2020

The course was very amazing. I want to give thanks to my course instructor. The resources he gave me was very useful.

By Inaqui L

Dec 3, 2019

A great introduction to using the software and the many accessible materials are available for download for use later.

By Jorge M S

Oct 2, 2019

It's been a great way to learn about GIS software, and the teacher is great, you can really see how he loves teaching!

By Elena

Sep 19, 2019

Fundamentals of GIS was a great course! I loved the tutorial assignments and the final project wasn't too challenging.

By Pablo V S

Sep 11, 2019

This course gives an introduction to ARCmap in order to apply for basic works. I am very happy to achieve this course.

By Francois

May 20, 2016

A course totally accessible to newcomers. Very clear explanations from the instructor and detailed support documents.

By Diego A S C

Oct 3, 2020

Un curso que a pesar de ser los fundamentos de GIS, aprenderás mucho, es muy completo y didáctico, 100% recomendado.

By Gery A H S

Aug 16, 2020

Very thorough and covers essentially everything you need to start exploring and utilizing GIS in your work or study.

By Ayeshah B

This course is of great interest . Also, our instructor taught it very well. Usage of ArcGIS is of great importance.

By Jon

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you for a great course! Lots to learn in GIS, this course really got me excited about learning this software.