Back to Fundamentals of GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of GIS by University of California, Davis

Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules: Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions. Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map. Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product. Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data. Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program. Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization....

A
May 16, 2021

GREAT COURSE TO JUMPSTART FOR ANY NEW LEARNERS IN THE FIELD OF GIS. It is extremely helpful to learn the basics & the projects help any new learners to understand what kind of work is done in ArcGIS.

VM
Oct 4, 2020

I finished the course, I do not know why it indicates to me as if I had not finished\n\nI would like answer, please. My email: vic_vmrm@hotmail.com\n\nWhy don't answer me?\n\nRegards\n\nVictor Ramon

376 - 400 of 1,445 Reviews for Fundamentals of GIS

By Shamsul A

May 6, 2020

This course if great. It gives me the concept of GIS. I did pass a good fruitful time during this journey. Thanks to the instructors for their support.

By Chryselle U O M

Feb 13, 2021

Nick's way of instruction and pace was really good and the way the exercises and quizzes are designed were very helpful in learning how to use ArcGIS.

By Muhaimen A

Jun 12, 2017

The more I leran about GIS the more I am becoming confident to employ this in my daily life. Special thanks to the instructor by guiding step by step.

By Juan L R

Sep 9, 2016

Very Good for Beginners, Everything is explained in a very understandable way, the access to the program and the additional data makes it whole round.

By Melissa P

Aug 12, 2016

Essential for anyone interested in GIS and wants to get the basics. I really learnt a lot in a short space of time at my own pace. Brilliant convenor.

By Omesh P

Oct 16, 2020

An excellent introduction to the ArcGIS Platform. The explanations provided were thorough for persons who are using the software for the first time.

By Juan D Z C

Apr 30, 2020

Este curso es un locura, práctico, sencillo, útil, didáctico. Felicitaciones a Nick, es un excelente profesor y a su equipo por tan increíble labor.

By Obed M

Dec 25, 2017

Fundamentals of GIS, very helpful and a good stepping stone towards mastering GIS software to make meaningful analysis and communication using maps.

By Firman M

Aug 14, 2016

Excellent course with step by step instruction for beginner. However the final assignment is challenging enough to summarize whatever I have learnt.

By Michael H

Jan 19, 2021

This course is constructed well and it seems like a terrific introduction to GIS and ArcGIS, especially. I appreciate the effort that went into it.

By Carla L

Dec 22, 2020

Very good introduction to GIS software and applications, lectures are easy to follow, assignments are fun and overall very pleased with the course!

By Jason M H

Mar 4, 2016

Nick does a great job at using lab examples, providing data that makes it easy to follow along. Looking forward to the rest of this specialization.

By Joseph A

Jan 6, 2021

It was a great experience with Nick Santos. Thank you Nick Santos my teacher,thank you cousera. I experienced great pleasure learning this course.

By Namrata M

Apr 27, 2020

Enjoyed learning every part of this course. It helped me to understand the basic aspects of GIS and also the assignments helped a lot practically.

By Babar N

Jan 19, 2020

highly appreciated...And now i believe it that with the help of this specialization i can fulfill my dreams... So much excited for this course...

By Scott B

Jun 5, 2018

Excellent introductory course to the GIS sequence. Highly recommend. I have reviewed the content multiple times even after finishing the course

By Nikedimos P

Apr 23, 2020

Highly interactive course!!

I gained tremendous knowledge from this introductory course and I can't wait to take the next specialization course

By Алексей П

May 2, 2021

This is a great way to get started with ArcGIS. The knowledge gained was useful in work, the course is really extremely informative and useful.

By Jeremy A

Mar 1, 2021

Good course. I've tried several other courses through Coursera and Nick Santos is very good at keeping this dry topic interesting and engaging.

By mostafa f

Feb 11, 2021

This course is amazing, provide the foundational knowledge of GIS, Great opportunities with a professional instructor, all the best to coursera

By Sang Y

Aug 11, 2019

The video is easily to follow, the instruction of the assignment is clear. Concept is explained clearly with appropriate practice to illustrate

By Candra S D

Jan 7, 2017

it's a really great course for you who wants to get a starter about GIS, especially about ArcGIS. Very helpful and easy to follow instruction..

By Camilo V

May 12, 2021

I am totally grateful to finished this course, I learned a lot here and after this I wanna lead my career to become an GIS Analist. Thank you!

By Rissa H

Feb 20, 2021

super clear, structured, and thorough. will be taking the rest of the courses in the specialization because Nick Santos is a great instructor.

By Marco A J C

Jun 24, 2020

there are several concepts that were half done, but I still give it 5 stars because I suppose I will understand it throughout all the courses