Back to Fundamentals of GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of GIS by University of California, Davis

Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules: Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions. Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map. Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product. Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data. Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program. Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization....

A

May 16, 2021

GREAT COURSE TO JUMPSTART FOR ANY NEW LEARNERS IN THE FIELD OF GIS. It is extremely helpful to learn the basics & the projects help any new learners to understand what kind of work is done in ArcGIS.

VM

Oct 4, 2020

I finished the course, I do not know why it indicates to me as if I had not finished\n\nI would like answer, please. My email: vic_vmrm@hotmail.com\n\nWhy don't answer me?\n\nRegards\n\nVictor Ramon

1476 - 1499 of 1,499 Reviews for Fundamentals of GIS

By Pierre V

Apr 3, 2017

Quiet good introduction with clear objectives.

Some step by step explanations could be shortened because they seem too detailed.

A brief introduction to creating your own data could be great and will cover more steps

By hte way, thanks for this good introduction

By Mohammed A

Jul 8, 2017

Great course also best instructor my problem is the grading by others is taking really longtime I've been waiting two days until now and no one even looked at my assignment. also I tired posting my problem in the discussion thread even begged but nothing.

By Margaret F

Oct 18, 2016

The course and the content was great, but the grading process was terrible. Will probably finish the specialization, but wish there was a better way to be graded for the money.

By Madeline G

Feb 25, 2020

The course itself was great, but I think the grading system could definitely be improved on the final project!

By Akshat J

Sep 15, 2019

Focuses mainly on ArcGIS tool whereas the objective of this course should be to explain GIS concepts.

By Jacob G

Feb 14, 2018

Needs to be updated to cover the use of ArcGIS pro.

By Sean C

Feb 18, 2019

Good information. A little simple at times

By Darcy J G

Sep 30, 2021

Very difficult to learn online.

By soundhar r

Jul 11, 2021

i cant access all materials.

By James M

Jul 30, 2017

Peer review is unreliable.

By Avishek H

Helpful for beginners.

By NAGIM E M I

Oct 29, 2019

perfect

By Kent D M

Dec 13, 2021

Still waiting for my ARC GIS subscription. I requested it on Friday, 12/2/21 and received an email that same day that it would arrive in 2-4 business days. It is now Sunday, 12/12/21 and I still haven't received it yet. I would try and chat with someone, but there is now link to be found anywhere. Also, no phone number for customer services. Now I am behind a week in this first Intro to GIS course as they will not send me the link. Kent Martin kmartin@flo-analytics.com

By Carla L

Jul 31, 2017

The assigmentes after every lesson was step-by-step conducted, but que final lesson was "do yourself", with diferents topic of the class.

They reprove me, but I have no explanation because the class finish at 31 and today 31 they say I have to switch the course. I fell really cehated and unsatisfy and I will not finish the specialization anymore.

Thos was the worst Cousera course that I did.

By prudhvi s

Mar 3, 2020

not at all replying to the issues in discussion forums one of my friend posted a threat regarding peer 5 ago the mentor is not even replying this is ridiculous

By Sahil k

Feb 15, 2022

Course materials have expired, no help from the team, cant proceed beyond week 1 as software is not being provided

By sophie m

Feb 2, 2021

I wasn't able to afford GIS software unfortunately so did not complete course

By Diane T

Oct 25, 2020

I never authorized to take this course and was charged anyway. Fraud!

By Ariana G O

Apr 22, 2021

what is the course load and why is it not stated in the certificate?

By Takiyah

Jun 29, 2022

Receiving help and feedback is nearly impossible.

Feb 24, 2016