Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

RR
Jul 29, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Some of the recommended reading was no longer accessible and the material was not up to date to 2020. However, it gave a good introduction to the UN and the issues involved.

SP
Aug 20, 2020

Very useful course with valuable inputs. Thank you very much for your efforts and making it available for free. Highly recommend to those who study global diplomacy, UN system and human rights.

76 - 100 of 341 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Esther C

Apr 10, 2020

Fantastic course that gave me the basics that I needed to go on for further study in this field. Thoroughly enjoyed the content and the different forms of media used for learning!

By Natashya K P

Jul 19, 2020

Well structured and very interesting content. Helped foundationalise the UN structurally as an organisation, as well as critiques of its modern influence. Thorougly enjoyed it!

By María A

Jun 30, 2020

It's a great course to learn how the UN works and what are the challenges and critics. You learn to analyse and write a brief definition of what you are listening and reading.

By Yenlik T

Apr 2, 2020

Great course with important material about UN given straight to the point, readings may be outdated and too much for each week but that's compensated by useful video lectures.

By Deborah T

Jun 10, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and was delighted to learn more about the important work of the United Nations. There were many great resources for future reference. Thank you.

By Pedro L

Oct 22, 2020

Es un curso muy interesante ya que permite al participante dar su punto de vista de acuerdo a su criterio por los conocimientos aprendidos de los contenidos de los módulos.

By Makwemba M

Apr 9, 2018

A well structured course that enabled me to gain more insight of the United Nations through the relevant training content (videos and reading material) and peer reviews.

By Olivia G B

Excellent course, you earned new skills in global diplomacy and how the UN works in the real international world. It is amazing this kind of ways of learning new things

By Spandan M

Apr 30, 2020

I loved doing this course it really gives a great run-through of the UN and its functions. A must-do for someone who is planning to enter into international relations.

By Alaa M A M

Jun 8, 2020

In this course, I learned a lot about the United Nations, what it represents, and the role it plays in the world, as well as a lot of information that interests me.

By ALICE K B

May 4, 2020

Excellent content, I learnt a lot more than I had anticipated, I actually learnt more content than when I was doing my semester on the UN during my masters degree.

By Claire B

Dec 30, 2018

Great course, with plenty of material to understand the subject and to get an overview of the role of the UN and the issues faced. I would recommend it strongly.

By Alejandra A M J

Aug 29, 2017

Very interesting, it provided helpful material and different criteria from many experts in the subject, I enjoyed the course and would definitely recommend it.

By Simsim h

Aug 7, 2020

During the studies of this course I learned a lot, thank you for providing such a course and making know better how The UN work. Gained a lot of knowledge.

By Nestor O R B

Feb 16, 2021

Es un muy buen curso, abre el panorama del papel de las Naciones Unidas frente a las crisis y su accionar como una organización del ámbito mundial.

By Niharika S

Oct 1, 2020

a great course! with the best of reading materials provided. The peer graded assignments keeps your thoughts on a roll. I absolutely loved it! :))

By Tamany G

Apr 27, 2019

This was great course with a thorough overview of the UN. It gave me a clear understanding of the organisation and its place globally. Thank you.

By Choen K

It is a fascinating course for me. It help me to greater understand how the UN Work, which is useful for my career advancement in global affairs.

By Jamal A

Apr 19, 2020

This course is amazing. I didnt know a lot about universal diplomacy or The UN but.it taught me a lot, thank you very much dear London University

By ANISH K

Sep 16, 2020

Excellent course with well explained videos and articles to Understand the UNs history, it's functions and the issues to which the UN responds.

By Pablo B I

Aug 24, 2020

I really enjoy the course, i like the methods of the University of London, and you can have and interesting introduction of the United Nations.

By Cleyton A S

May 16, 2020

I recommend this course for all those applicants who are currently working or want to study international relations and their internal bodies.

By Isabela S C

Oct 28, 2020

Very important course to understand how the UN acts in our current world, how it was created and, also, what is next for global development.

By Denis T

Jun 17, 2019

A very good and properly paced course, providing the knowledge on how the UN works, alone with a focus on the challenges it's facing now.

By Stefano F U

Jul 9, 2020

Good course to understand the way the United Nations works and how the organization helps towards solving the different issues it faces.