Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

RR
Jul 29, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Some of the recommended reading was no longer accessible and the material was not up to date to 2020. However, it gave a good introduction to the UN and the issues involved.

SP
Aug 20, 2020

Very useful course with valuable inputs. Thank you very much for your efforts and making it available for free. Highly recommend to those who study global diplomacy, UN system and human rights.

51 - 75 of 388 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Silvas G

Jun 12, 2020

I personally learnt a lot from this course. it is a dignity to study a certification from university of London and its an honor to receive a certification from coursera, i am willing to complete more of courses offered by the aforesaid entities.thank you so much for this opportunity. Dr. Junius Silva

By Akshara k

With the help of the reading material, getting to listen to different views on a particular topic, the weekly submission deadlines and having the chance to receive reviews as well as give them on submissions, my knowledge surrounding the United Nations and its functioning has improved substantially.

By Dissaux L

Oct 25, 2020

Great course. I really enjoyed the structure of the course, the speakers were great and the assessments very interesting. I would highly recommend following it to other learners! The only little thing to improve could be to make sure that all links for external materials are still available.

By Sabrina

May 22, 2020

Solid foundational course on global diplomacy and the UN's place within this sphere. I learned a lot about the UN's creation and history. Further, I got to see the UN through a more critical lens with regards to its limitations and the challenges it faces. Highly recommend as a good primer.

By Moreen C

Oct 1, 2020

This course offers an in-depth understanding of how the UN operates, also it is structured in a very simple and easy to follow manner ie especially the invitation of different presenters who has an in-depth understanding of the UN systems made is easy to understand the weekly topics

By Hnin T H K

I think it is a great course to get introduced to the United Nations and its implementation of global diplomacy. It might not give you a full picture of the UN. But, it will intellectually stimulate you with different perspectives from different people on the UN and its programs.

By Anne K

Oct 16, 2020

Great course.I have learnt so much and i feel my research writing skills have greatly improved because of this course.I am already putting my skills to use as i wait for the next move in my career

Please advise how i can pay for my certificate

My email is kazunguanne9@gmail.com

By Heike H

Oct 4, 2020

I am happy that I learn so much about the UN, not just general information, but also learning to do a critical thinking on the role of Security Council, How the UN handling human rights issues and humanitarian crises. I am happy that my peers are also helpful and supportive.

By David M

Jul 15, 2020

I observed the international governance challenges of the United National, and now have a better understanding the execution responsibilities of the various Agencies of the UN. I have already applied for my first application with UNDP. I have a new found respect for the UN.

By Vanessa P G

Jun 17, 2021

El trabajo que desarrolla y lidera la ONU a nivel global, las estrategias que toma para poder afrontar alguna crisis , el soporte técnico que brinda a las Naciones , el apoyo humanitario a través de sus diferentes áreas y la lucha para respetar los derechos humanos.

By sunil d

Dec 7, 2020

As an initiation into global diplomacy I found the course very useful and engaging. The reading list and videos were also very good .

I would suggest perhaps a list of additional or supplemental reading7Viewing for those interested in acquiring additional knowledge.

By Srinivasan K

May 6, 2018

Enriching experience. This is best ever format based on my learning experience across Mooc channels.

Unique elements are top minds point of views on various aspects of UN entity and unearthed limitations and challenges of future.

Thank you SOAS faculty members...

By Vidhya P ( K

Feb 25, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed studying the Global Diplomacy: The United Nations In The World course, and appreciated it's online studying program structure, including it's useful content, style of teaching, interaction with other students and knowledgeable lecturers.

By Парвиз У

Dec 16, 2020

I sincerely thank Dr. Dan Plesch and all the hard-working lecturers and valuable participants. The course was perfect. I would like to thank the management and staff of Coursera and the University of London & SOAS University of London for this opportunity.

By Damien M

May 15, 2021

Excellent course. Very informative on the foundation of the United Nations and the Inner workings of the Organisation. Truly enjoyed this course. Would highly recommend this for anyone who is interested in trying to learn more about the United Nations.

By Carl M

Jul 30, 2020

Liked it, liked people, impressive that instructors from developing countries seemed to have more to offer, particularly specifics like subsection 4 of HRC. I would do it again anytime. You might dress up the certificate a bit but otherwise, very good.

By Meera G

Apr 4, 2019

i would highly reccomend this course to anyone who's interested in the UN functions and its effectiveness over the years. I was able to grasp the good and the bad as well as its link to international affairs and their response to global challenges.

By Leonel C

Jul 4, 2020

This course was an eye oepener, I really enjoyed doing this course with excellent academic information that has complemented my professional formation as a law student. Thank you very much for the opportunity because the course was really amazing.

By Faisal B K V

I learned how to approach a subject with a critical view point by doing the project. The videos, the write ups provided and the interviews helped me learn the UN in detail. It created a big question in my mind whether the UN would survive or not.

By Yormis D A

Jun 13, 2020

Excelente curso, me encanto la modalidad de evaluación, ya que permitía expresar la visión de cada uno de los participantes para que los compañeros del curso fueran quienes lo calificaran siempre con base en el respeto a cada punto de vista.

By umar c

Dec 2, 2020

It's my pleasure to write your office hours today I hope you have a great day, I want to know my recommendation of the course, this will encourage me to take another advantage of further my career goals education.

Respectfully Yours

By Laura R

Apr 5, 2018

This course will make you enter from the very beginning into the problems of image and discussion about the future of the UN, with chances to discussion through the peer graded tasks and great access to videos, articles etc.

By Rhannya P

Aug 23, 2021

Muito bom, as atividades me ajudaram a ter um pensamento mais critico para expor minha visão sobre o tema, aprendi sobre a estrutura da ONU, como ela se organiza e como ela é uma organização que tem urgência de inovação.

Mar 20, 2020

I think it was a great introduction to the unlearned about the UN. I finished early and the peer reviews slowed down my completion. I had to wait to grade another assignment, even though I had submitted all assignments.

By Vivica K

Jul 14, 2021

It was a great course to learn about the UN! As a first time user of Course Era, this class was easy to manage and very helpful. The coursework was simple to understand and I overall enjoyhed taking this course.