Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

RR

Jul 29, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Some of the recommended reading was no longer accessible and the material was not up to date to 2020. However, it gave a good introduction to the UN and the issues involved.

AF

Dec 6, 2018

It was very interesting to get to know better about the UN structure and concepts, and it helped me a lot to get my first opportunity in an UN mission! Starting a new career. Thank you so much.

351 - 375 of 424 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Raul G B C

Feb 13, 2021

This course is very comprehensive and it is useful not only for Sociology professors like myself, but also for anyone who wants to know more about the history of the United Nations and its roles.

By Edward C

Nov 7, 2019

I very much enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. I thought the mixture of different media (videos, readings, etc) was good and the level of work required was well-judged. Thanks.

By josipa b

Sep 18, 2020

Some of links for education material I couldn't open but no matter,the rest of material was suficient,clear and straight to the point. It made me realize complexity and UN importance.

By Sofía A Z H

Jan 28, 2021

I would have liked if there were more video lectures. I felt like I didn't learn as much as I was expecting to. Eitherway, I did gain some knowledge and somewhat enjoyed the course.

By Catherine G T R

Mar 24, 2021

Thanks to this course, now I know in which part of the government I'll specialize on for my masters degree. Thank you everyone. I like how different the course approach is.

By Geoff H

Feb 14, 2021

A really interesting course - I enjoyed learning about the UN. The assignments were not too difficult but helped to concentrate the mind and explore more about the subject

By kushal s

Apr 19, 2020

Very Well structured modules. The articles compiled for reference in each chapter gives in-depth knowledge. Unless you connect the dots one cannot progress in this course.

By Dilma d A

Jun 27, 2017

I have enjoyed and learnt a lot with this course. This course give me the opportunity to reflect on the positive and negative contributions of the UN in the humanity.

By Chima K

Feb 18, 2022

This a thought provoking session as to the workings of the United Nations. It will make you think critically and not to take the UN operations on its face value.

By Gabriel R

Apr 8, 2020

El mecanismo de calificación por parte de otros compañeros del curso no es el más adecuado. Apreciaría más la retroalimentación por quienes imparten el curso.

By MOHAMMED A S

Jun 24, 2022

GREAT COURSE BUT SOME CONTENTS ARE OUT DATEDA AND EVEN MIISING SO PLEASE UPDATE FOT THE COMING LEARNERS

HOWEVER A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO UNDERSTAND THE UN

By Ghazali S

Sep 11, 2019

The course is informative and contains so much to learn of-course. However, I find lack of recent events/developments which have taken place overtime.

By Ronald E C

Oct 9, 2021

It contains not updated question but still gaves an important view of issues related to the UN, the past, the present and the future the UN face up.

By Erica D

Jul 6, 2020

Very interesting subject, competent teachers and interesting points of view presented.

The reading material and videos were also quite extensive.

By Sara Z

Mar 10, 2022

Very well structured and very interesting topics! The only part I did not like was that a lot of the links in the readings list did not work.

By KOUSTAV C

Aug 6, 2020

It is great course but if there would have been more videos that it would have been better. But any ways there are many articles for reading.

By SUDHEER N

Jul 22, 2020

UN Clairvoyance need to understand the Human Valor ,But world at peril due to lack transparency among club Member .

Please as Erudite person.

By AKINAGUM-ESENJOR F

Oct 19, 2017

It enlightens and very easy to operate ,i was actually scared to do a course online but this is a perfect way to learn • Thanks to coursera

By Kerryn M

Jun 14, 2021

T​his is a great course, but some of the links and readings need to be updated. Still worth completing though. I learnt a lot. Thankyou.

By самойленко д а

Jul 21, 2020

so I like the course and I have fond out a lot about the UN. In my opinion, it was not enough video- materials from teachers (lectors).

By Meghan T

Sep 22, 2019

Really interesting content and lots of resources to go through at your own pace. The discussion aspect could have been promoted more.

By Ayano I

Jul 31, 2020

It was really helpful and useful to learn the UN function and current situation of these fields by accessing a variety of resources.

By Ella T

Sep 30, 2020

Loved the videos and the peer marking! However it was unfortunate that some of the links for the readings were no longer available.

By Nkiruka N

Sep 10, 2020

It was quite an exciting learning period for me. Super thanks to University of London (SOAS) and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Ishwari C

Jul 18, 2020

This course has not only given me a great insight into global diplomacy but also has served as my first step towards my goal.