Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

MS

Oct 31, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

126 - 150 of 1,151 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Dana C

Apr 19, 2020

The class was concise and focused. The content was thought provoking and engaging. The purpose of the class was clearly accomplished and the activities were very focused so that you could reflect on what you were learning. I would take another class with this professor anyway!!

By Kate L

Jul 15, 2020

This was an amazing course! It was extremely relevant and informative.

The use of so many experts was wonderful in being able to broaden the topic and to gain different perspectives.

I feel that I have definitely gain some valuable knowledge and understanding of Global Diplomacy!

By MOHCIN B

Dec 29, 2016

I was so delighted to get involved in this course about diplomacy in the modern world , I was able to gain and grasp more knowldege related to different styles of diplomacy and how diplomats should behave to create a kind of peace-building . Thank you so much London University

By thabo g k

Apr 12, 2017

Through "Global Diplomacy" I learnt the difference between an ambassador and diplomat, and successful diplomacy and failed diplomacy. I also learnt qualities of a good diplomat and their importance to successful negotiation. This course has deepened my interest in Diplomacy .

By David G

Jan 30, 2021

This is an excellent course in order to get a very clear and easy to understand introduction in the world of diplomacy. You will easily understand the main concepts of diplomacy, what a diplomat does, what is successful and failed diplomacy. It also includes some great reads!

By Nitin G

Apr 21, 2021

One of the best courses I pursued on Coursera. The reason could be because I was interested in the topic. However, the course itself is compelling and shares sources which broaden one's horizon. Plus, like in all other Coursera courses, the faculty is world class. Thank You!

By Sanjana R

Jun 19, 2020

Amazing course! I totally enjoyed doing this course and I learned a lot. Apart from learning about diplomacy, what I liked is the peer graded assignments where you give and receive feedback. I enjoyed writing answers and giving feedback to my peers. Thank you for the course!

By Wagoma B

Mar 14, 2022

Fascinating, I loved this class, I enjoyed the interaction of reviewing each other's work. liked the reads we were given. Most of all I loved the video learning since i am a slo wlearner. Listening to experts helped me learn faster. Variation of epxperience was great!!.

By Enrique d M V

Apr 5, 2020

Excellent course. The videos are very enlightening and show various world views and definitions about diplomacy. I recommend the course to anyone who wants to understand a little more about diplomacy and the different worldviews and negotiations that we have. Thank you!

By Sheela M

Nov 2, 2021

Great overview for those new to this field. I like the interviews and the different perspectives from the different angles based on their experience in addition to the reading material. A good short course to determine whether this is something you want to take further

By Jose D O C

Jun 26, 2017

It is an excellent course for those who do not have a deep knowledge in diplomacy but want to learn the basics of the field. The videos in which professors discus the topic through conversations are really interesting and quite easy to understand. highly recommended!!

By ziad E J

Oct 24, 2020

I quite enjoyed the course. As an introductory course, it gave me an insight into the world of diplomacy through the lens of different experts. Additionally, the readings required had a nice dose of theory and practicality which made the course more grounded. Thanks!

By Andreas C

Nov 13, 2021

This has been a very insightful and complete experience for me. I am seeking a career both academically and also in the field of diplomacy itself, and I feel that the lessons learned, both by the materials and the interaction with my peers, has been very fulfilling.

By Aditya V

Jun 6, 2020

The course framework of engaging students with regular submissions was great. It certainly increased my involvement in it. The feeling you get when you see a positive review to your submission is very encouraging. That being said the course should have been longer.

By Evgeniy B

Mar 15, 2020

Very complete and interesting introduction to the world of Diplomacy. The course encompasses various points of view on what Diplomacy is, its successes and failures, as well as provides crucial readings to gain basic understanding of Diplomacy's role in the World.

By Lin H

May 10, 2019

Very well conceived, easy to understand and reading materials provided are all relevant and interesting. I would highly recommend this cours to people who want to start to study international relations and diplomacy. I would like to continue with advanced courses.

By Rosemary M

I enjoyed the course and particularly found the interaction quite interesting to read their reflections on the course and each unit.

I thank and commend the composers of this course. I've recommended to friends and colleagues to take this up.

Thank you very much!

By Anna

Jun 12, 2020

Through interviews with diplomats and texts by diplomats about diplomacy and peer reviewed assignments we gain insight in what diplomacy is and what makes diplomacy successful, and what characteristics a successful diplomat need to have. Very interesting course!

By Mohamed A

May 28, 2019

Excellent refreshing course for professional diplomats and career diplomats alike that is so easy to follow but also short and sharp. I would recomend for those who also wants to understand the diplomatice circles and functions to at least enrole to this course.

By Deekonda N

Sep 10, 2020

The course on global diplomacy is very helpful in giving the basic structure and understanding about diplomacy in a broadened way. It is differentiated clearly the study beyond it . It is a pleasure to learn as it gives a good scope on international relations.

By Candice R

Mar 28, 2019

This has been a very helpful course for me. I now have a clearer understanding of diplomacy in action. The professors and experts' knowledge and experience have made me realise the value of diplomacy in our modern world. I would highly recommend this course.

By Yousef A

Aug 17, 2017

First time for me to try an online course. I was afraid it's gonna be complicated and difficult, but on the contrary of my expectation, it was interesting, enjoyable, and simple. A really great experience.

Thanks to everyone involved in creating this course.

By Ehteshamul K

Jul 9, 2020

This course has been a great journey in and of itself; the video lectures informative, the readings were equally good, if not better. I certainly enjoyed learning here and would recommend anyone with interest on how polities should interact diplomatically.

By Jose A P

Jul 21, 2022

Excellent, challenging and very insightful. I really recommend it ,to better understand how Diplomacy has evolved and how common diplomacy is present in our daily lifes, to develop and maintain good and productive relationshios among humans and nations.

By Jaime H C

Apr 12, 2021

Excellent course! I truly enjoyed the videos of the interviewed professors. The readings where also of great help to better understand the topics discussed. The only things that I missed were more case studies, either in form of a video or with a reading.