Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

TR

May 02, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

601 - 625 of 685 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Elen R

Jun 10, 2020

Interesting course and not too taxing to get through materials. Found the assignments useful to provide an opportunity to consider different perspectives.

By ANANAYA A

Jan 02, 2020

Amazing course with topics discussed elaborately. Assignments helped me revisit what I learnt and discuss it with my peers and know their perspectives.

By Nilmadhab H

Sep 25, 2018

I would have liked to see some more videos on diplomatic case studies and methods to practically develop the qualities of a good diplomat. Thanks.

By Abhinav A

I expected more in terms of case studies and hands on experience which as missing. However for starters this was a good couse.

By Phil W

May 30, 2017

Really interesting and helpful introduction to what diplomacy entails and how it permeates many aspects of our society

By Iswarya K

Jun 21, 2020

I suggest this course for the students those who are interested in learning diplomacy and international relations.

By Ben S

May 25, 2017

I have really enjoyed this course. It is very insightful and a great introduction in to the world of diplomacy.

By KANKANI B

Jul 16, 2017

It was a good experience to gain some knowledge about Diplomacy and its different sides, Greatly appreciated.

By Anna S

Feb 13, 2019

I liked the course, but it is a little tenuous. I would like to have a little bit more theoretical material.

By Stephanie K

Aug 22, 2017

iT WAS REALLY GOOD I LEARNED A LOT BUT I FEEL IT COULDVE BEEN ORGANIZED BETTER AS FAR AS THE ASSIGNMENTS GO

By Rizul N

Jul 27, 2020

The course material was very less, but the readings were amazing and vast. Overall it is a decent course.

By Nickolaus B

Jan 26, 2017

The course provided a thorough grounding in Global Diplomacy and how it relates to the everyday world.

By Laura M S

Jun 08, 2016

A solid introductory course, with some interesting course materials and thought-provoking questions.

By Tersoo M A

Aug 07, 2017

The course is basic but with deep talks on Diplomacy. I have gained understanding of the term.

By Baris U V

Nice little concise course, wish there were more challenging tasks e.g. debates & analyses.

By Manjunath R

May 05, 2020

Different aspect of a global topic is brought clear, but connection lagged somewhere.

By Stephanie W

Sep 19, 2017

A very enjoyable course. Interesting videos and readings, and reasonable assignments.

By 刘卓岚

Jul 14, 2017

Give general overview of diplomacy, good for entry level student to grasp the idea.

By Moulay R C

Sep 20, 2017

Interesting course. I really appreciate learning more from other participants, too

By Martin O

Jan 10, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It refreshed the theme and gave me more insight.

By Thomas F

Sep 06, 2019

Very interesting MOOC. This allowed me to deepen my knowledge on diplomacy.

By Johnathan A

Jul 09, 2017

Could have used more intense discourse and student peer reviewed items.

By Nuno m R p

May 01, 2019

This is a really good course, it shows what is diplomacy in the world

By Alejandra C G

Jun 01, 2017

Great course, very well articulated and it answered all my questions.

By Abha M

Feb 21, 2017

The course has given me a better understanding of the Diplomacy.