Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

MS
Oct 31, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

801 - 825 of 934 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Sophie S

Feb 19, 2018

Peer-reviewed assignments occasionally make it difficult to finish the course on time, as you have to wait for peers to rate your work. Being able to shift course streams helps this!

By Tara C

Oct 28, 2017

All the content was really informative, and I found the videos engaging and interesting. My only issue is that some of the assigned readings were unavailable or difficult to access.

By Zarin T M R

May 7, 2020

Even though all the informations were very basic but this course is really helpful to build your perspective about how important and vast is the use of diplomacy in today's world.

By MIGUEL B E

Nov 1, 2020

Thank you very much I enjoyed the course, although I had to share the time with other activities, I took the time to fill out the course and I really enjoyed it. A hug to all.

By Anna I

Jul 19, 2019

I enjoyed this course very much but would have liked more challenging assignments. The peer review system is not very robust as some people just say 'good response'. The

By Fredrik H

Dec 26, 2019

Good and interesting content. However, I would like to have more practice or examples because the course is enormous theoretical and depends on your personal knowledge.

By Muhammad M U H

Jun 18, 2020

I really liked the course and gained quite some knowledge. It would have been better if international relations would have been added but still a good learning curve.

By May K K O

Nov 25, 2020

I have learned many things about modern diplomacy from this course I have many tips to learn more about it. But I would like to learn more about video lectures.

By Yvonne

Oct 8, 2019

Interesting but not very challenging, sometimes a lot of repetition in the opinions. I would have liked to see more examples of diplomacy in our world of today.

By Alexander M R

Jan 18, 2017

Really enjoyed the course. Professors appear to be very competent and the lecture content is thoroughly interesting. Wish there was a bit more content overall.

By Elen R

Jun 10, 2020

Interesting course and not too taxing to get through materials. Found the assignments useful to provide an opportunity to consider different perspectives.

By ANANAYA A

Jan 1, 2020

Amazing course with topics discussed elaborately. Assignments helped me revisit what I learnt and discuss it with my peers and know their perspectives.

By Nilmadhab H

Sep 25, 2018

I would have liked to see some more videos on diplomatic case studies and methods to practically develop the qualities of a good diplomat. Thanks.

By John C C

Jan 28, 2021

Informative but I did not like how I had to wait for other students work to progress. Also I would have preferred actual teacher to mark my work.

By Shweye P

Sep 15, 2020

Great course! Well organized. Some technical errors in reviewing in articles. All in all it is a course everyone should have a try.

By Abhinav A

I expected more in terms of case studies and hands on experience which as missing. However for starters this was a good couse.

By Eliseu C

Sep 13, 2020

I learned very things with this course and I had the opportunity to share my ideas and what I have studied with other people.

By Hamim K

Dec 27, 2020

This Course gave me a great insight on Global diplomacy. I appreciate how courses are presented: simple and understandable.

By Phil W

May 30, 2017

Really interesting and helpful introduction to what diplomacy entails and how it permeates many aspects of our society

By Iswarya k

Jun 21, 2020

I suggest this course for the students those who are interested in learning diplomacy and international relations.

By Ben S

May 25, 2017

I have really enjoyed this course. It is very insightful and a great introduction in to the world of diplomacy.

By KANKANI B

Jul 16, 2017

It was a good experience to gain some knowledge about Diplomacy and its different sides, Greatly appreciated.

By Anna S

Feb 13, 2019

I liked the course, but it is a little tenuous. I would like to have a little bit more theoretical material.

By Stephanie K

Aug 22, 2017

iT WAS REALLY GOOD I LEARNED A LOT BUT I FEEL IT COULDVE BEEN ORGANIZED BETTER AS FAR AS THE ASSIGNMENTS GO

By Sanja B

Jan 13, 2021

An excellent course! I would have welcomed even more readings and slightly longer assignments. Thank you!