Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

MS

Nov 01, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

TR

May 02, 2020

76 - 100 of 529 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Mahmoud G A M

Mar 27, 2019

I have learnt much knowledge in this course, including cross-cultural communication, international policy-making and international relations. I learned that diplomacy is not only just the official work, but it is used at all levels.

By Kostiantyn T

Jun 16, 2018

Thank you very much for the selection of reading materials, in particular "Peace Negotiations" by Robert Lancing. It was great pleasure to read whole book, as well as draw similarities with the current events and personalities.

By José R

Mar 14, 2018

It was an extraordinary exchange of knowledge. To be able to submit my work and have it scrutinized, not only by my professors but by my peers was quite the gratifying experience. I hope to take similar courses in the future.

By Daniel C

Apr 03, 2020

Interesting course, which introduce you to the world of diplomacy, global affairs, ministries of foreign affairs statecraft, and so on. It´s a good starting point for those interested in understanding more about this subject

By Waseem A

May 31, 2017

It was really an awesome course on diplomacy, video discussions of great scholars of diplomacy. I learned various new terms in this course. I'm very thankful to Cursera and University of London and SOAS University of London.

By Carolina d l A C J

Oct 08, 2019

Having been able to take this course was an incredible experience. I am a student who is fighting a corrupt system in her country and who wants to do her best for her nation. Frankly I feel one step closer to achieving it

By Jayanth D

Jul 22, 2017

Simple and vital course for all those interested to enter the field of International Relations or for those who want to become a diplomat. The course structure is really good and provides a wide understanding of diplomacy

By Jesus M

Apr 11, 2020

Excelentes y magistrales exposiciones de expertos en el quehacer de la diplomacia internacional. No dudo en recomendar este fabuloso curso de formación en diplomacia y protocolo internacional. Dr. Jesús Mejía.

By Thi B N

May 04, 2020

I was very amazed by this course. It was very well done and very interesting to listen to experts speak about diplomacy. I have confirmed a few things and gained new knowledge as well. I totally recommend it!

By MD. T H R

Aug 04, 2019

This course let me know about the ins-out f a diplomat and the diplomacy through every possible perspective. Lucky to have this amount of knowledge from the best professors and huge shout out to the learners.

By Maria I R

Jun 15, 2019

This course is really informative, easy to understand and follow, the videos and articles they provide are very interesting. It was perfect for me because it’s online. Thank you very much for this experience.

By Katyayani R

Thanks a lot to The London University for providing us with this exceptional course. I got to learn about the qualities of diplomacy and the diploma. It has been a pleasure completing this course. Thank you!

By Chandra M

Aug 17, 2016

Excellent course, I highly recommend to anyone who is interest in obtaining an insight in the field of Diplomacy. The videos and lectures and overall course material was very informative and interesting.

By Yury F V

Jun 21, 2016

Este curso é excelente parabéns aos mestres, professores e realizadores, não só pela elaboração do conteúdo apresentado, como também pelas explicações e pela prática realizadas através das atividades .

By Маргарита

Sep 25, 2016

It was very exciting and interesting experience for me. I`ve learned many new things. There`re educational videos about diplomacy from the best professors of University in London. I liked it very much!

By Shubham S

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

By Hamish D

Oct 28, 2017

A great course with a unique style of instruction. The interactions with many teachers, researchers and persons with experience in diplomacy gave some amazing insights about global diplomacy.

By BILU K

Sep 20, 2016

This course is interesting where it develops your understanding in International Relations and Diplomacy protocols. I love the course to strengthen my knowledge on Foreign Policy. Happy study

By Arnav S

May 05, 2020

The coursework has been structured incredibly well with appropriate amount of reading and writing. Week 5 as a Revision through thorough run of Interviews is an immensely effective addition.

By Leonid P

Apr 05, 2020

Thank you for this great course, SOAS! It is my second time with SOAS, University of London on Coursera. I really like your international relations program. Thank you! Thank you very much!

By Yuan L

Jan 07, 2017

this is an awesome course and i'm so much enjoying it. and i learned how to keep dialogue with others and how to master my words so that i can keep communicating with others. thanks a lot!

By Pascal B

Mar 13, 2019

Very interesting and practical course.

Thank you very much to all the skilful speakers who very clearly made their points about global diplomacy.

Really, I have learnt a lot here.

Thank you.

By Kubilay C K

Feb 04, 2017

As an International Relations with Politics student, I am very satisfied with the content and concept of this course. Definitely well-organized and helpful course related to my subject.

By YINGYINGHUANG

Jan 09, 2018

Very enlightening course,the design of the course advances gradually in due order, and is of great help to student who want to have a better and deeper understanding of diplomacy.