Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

TR

May 02, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

126 - 150 of 684 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Phetole R

Jul 28, 2020

I have learned so much about diplomacy and now understand it and want to put my theory into practice. Diplomacy is an integral part of our daily lives. Community engagement and communication is key in every aspect

By Jaljeet J K

Jul 27, 2020

The course was well structured, and allowed me to complete the course on my own phase. Course was designed to be very interactive, I felt that I was almost in a classroom when learning more about global diplomacy.

By DR. J V M

Apr 11, 2020

Excelentes y magistrales exposiciones de expertos en el quehacer de la diplomacia internacional. No dudo en recomendar este fabuloso curso de formación en diplomacia y protocolo internacional. Dr. Jesús Mejía.

By Anindita D M

Jul 25, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. This will help me in my future MUN career as well as my dream job as Diplomat. Thanks to everybody who were associated with this course, and those who reviewed my assignments

By Thi B N

May 04, 2020

I was very amazed by this course. It was very well done and very interesting to listen to experts speak about diplomacy. I have confirmed a few things and gained new knowledge as well. I totally recommend it!

By MD. T H R

Aug 04, 2019

This course let me know about the ins-out f a diplomat and the diplomacy through every possible perspective. Lucky to have this amount of knowledge from the best professors and huge shout out to the learners.

By Maria I R

Jun 15, 2019

This course is really informative, easy to understand and follow, the videos and articles they provide are very interesting. It was perfect for me because it’s online. Thank you very much for this experience.

By Katyayani R

Thanks a lot to The London University for providing us with this exceptional course. I got to learn about the qualities of diplomacy and the diploma. It has been a pleasure completing this course. Thank you!

By Sanjida I S

Jun 01, 2020

At the starting some articles and some talks seem to be boring, tough and uninteresting, but as I went on I started understanding and reaching almost the finishing line is exciting like achieving something.

By Chandra M

Aug 17, 2016

Excellent course, I highly recommend to anyone who is interest in obtaining an insight in the field of Diplomacy. The videos and lectures and overall course material was very informative and interesting.

By Yury F V

Jun 21, 2016

Este curso é excelente parabéns aos mestres, professores e realizadores, não só pela elaboração do conteúdo apresentado, como também pelas explicações e pela prática realizadas através das atividades .

By Маргарита

Sep 25, 2016

It was very exciting and interesting experience for me. I`ve learned many new things. There`re educational videos about diplomacy from the best professors of University in London. I liked it very much!

By Bharadwaj S

Jun 20, 2020

This is the ideal course for anyone who wants a peek into what diplomacy actually is. After this course, I learnt that diplomacy is required in everyone's life, in each of our day to day activities.

By Jose M R S

Jul 16, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course, is a topic that I really like, the information is clear and complete, the activies shown are fun to do and the interaction between students is great, excellent course.

By Mohamad C

Jul 21, 2020

A Very interesting course, I personally have learned a lot and it did broaden my scope indeed!

I would recommend it in case you are a person interested in International Relations and Diplomacy.

By Hamish D

Oct 28, 2017

A great course with a unique style of instruction. The interactions with many teachers, researchers and persons with experience in diplomacy gave some amazing insights about global diplomacy.

By BILU K

Sep 20, 2016

This course is interesting where it develops your understanding in International Relations and Diplomacy protocols. I love the course to strengthen my knowledge on Foreign Policy. Happy study

By Arnav S

May 05, 2020

The coursework has been structured incredibly well with appropriate amount of reading and writing. Week 5 as a Revision through thorough run of Interviews is an immensely effective addition.

By Jeyling s f

Jul 30, 2020

was amazing, i learned a lot about diplomacy in the modern world and i know, i"m going to use this knowledge in the future and my classes too.

thanks to all instructors for this good course.

By Ratu S R S

Aug 03, 2020

Great course especially for beginners in the diplomatic field. Would have loved at least a one-off online lecture by the organizers nevertheless, for me, it was a great refresher's course.

By Leonid P

Apr 05, 2020

Thank you for this great course, SOAS! It is my second time with SOAS, University of London on Coursera. I really like your international relations program. Thank you! Thank you very much!

By Yuan L

Jan 07, 2017

this is an awesome course and i'm so much enjoying it. and i learned how to keep dialogue with others and how to master my words so that i can keep communicating with others. thanks a lot!

By Pascal B

Mar 13, 2019

Very interesting and practical course.

Thank you very much to all the skilful speakers who very clearly made their points about global diplomacy.

Really, I have learnt a lot here.

Thank you.

By Kubilay C K

Feb 04, 2017

As an International Relations with Politics student, I am very satisfied with the content and concept of this course. Definitely well-organized and helpful course related to my subject.

By YINGYINGHUANG

Jan 09, 2018

Very enlightening course,the design of the course advances gradually in due order, and is of great help to student who want to have a better and deeper understanding of diplomacy.