Back to The Global Financial Crisis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Global Financial Crisis by Yale University

Former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner and Professor Andrew Metrick survey the causes, events, policy responses, and aftermath of the recent global financial crisis....

TS

Apr 09, 2017

Great course indeed. I was following the materials and videos of the crisis for a long time and this course perfectly summarized everthing back by data analysis. Highly recommended to all enthusiasts.

JC

Mar 16, 2018

Excellent course on the GFC, I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about the crisis. The instructors were very good and took a complex subject and made it very understandable.

151 - 175 of 287 Reviews for The Global Financial Crisis

By Iulia A P

Nov 06, 2017

Intellectually rigorous and excellently taught!

By Jason T

Apr 30, 2016

Great course!

By Murat C B

Sep 21, 2017

Very well organized... I have definitely learned a lot of things in detail. Thank you for your hardwork !

By John M

Feb 24, 2016

Good explanation of the background of the crisis, and the impact on U.S. and E.U. as well. I never understood the term "shadow banking" before; now I do.

By Rodrigo A

Jan 28, 2016

Very instructive, the best account of the GFC in my experience

By Jorge A F Z

Jul 07, 2017

Fantastic course. Thank you Mr. Geithner, and Mr. Metrick for this wonderful experience.

By Richard T

Dec 07, 2015

This course is very interesting and the content is pretty clear-cut and easy to understand.

By Eugenio D

Jun 18, 2016

Very well done in general, with useful materials. The lecturer does a great job of explaining even the hardest mechanisms. Highly recommended!

By César C B

Oct 18, 2016

excellent !!!

By Ruslan K

Dec 01, 2016

This is the greatest course I've ever attend. The knowledge and expertise of the Prof. Metrick and Mr.Geithner is over expectations. The course is very complex, well delivered (with simple and understandable language, reasoning and supporting materials), information is extremely concentrated, and huge knowledge of the authors is felt behind the scenes. The only think I lack is off-line (real life) attendance to the discussion with authors on questions that arise during the course. Hope, once I'll have an opportunity to attend Mr. Geithner and Mr. Metrics lectures and seminars and/or Yale university other real life courses

By Abhinav A

Jul 23, 2016

Best material I could ever find related to Global Financial Crisis. As a student of Economics, this course was very helpful it is must for someone who just wants to know what happened in an easy to understand and practical manner.

Both the faculties are of very high stature and have closely observed the crisis. Professor Andrew is a financial economist and explains beautifully the events and timeline of GFC and Professor Geithner was himself involved in all policy reactions and his role has been highly appreciated worldwide as President of New York Fed. Awesome experience really. Thanks Coursera. It's like a dream come true to be taught by such eminent personalities.

By ANIBAL H B

Nov 06, 2017

EXCELENTE CURSO, MATERIAL Y DIDACTICA.

By Parth M

Dec 27, 2016

Extremely well designed course.

By José M C C

Jul 02, 2017

Great course, definitely worth it.

By Raffaella P

May 28, 2016

I really like this course, Professor Metrick is excellent. He speaks and explains very very clairly and, thank to this, I am learning a lot.

By Ricardo M

Mar 21, 2016

Excellent!

By Iulian P

Feb 25, 2016

very good discussion about the cronology, causes and outcomes of the global financial crisis

By Dorothy A

Apr 06, 2018

A course given by those involved in such critical conditions was fascinating and extremely helpful.

By Leila Z

Feb 16, 2017

Highly recommend this course to people who interested in finance. It is an up to date course summaries the global reactions towards the crisis in 2008. Lots of valuable materials and data is available. Thanks to all the professors and staff working on it.

By Danilo G

Feb 11, 2016

Thank you, the course helped me to understand the modern economy and gave me tools to try to acknowledge the current consequences of GFC.

By Max Z

Dec 24, 2016

Amazing

By kelevilin k

Jul 18, 2017

this cause has corrected some misconceptions that i had during my work as a bank examiner.. it will assist me in my current role as a risk manager of a significant important financial institution

By Justin R

Jul 23, 2017

The method of instruction and excellent communication of the instructors allowed for me to understand and retain more about this very complex topic than I had imagined I would.

By Xu Y

Jan 12, 2017

Great!

By Fahad I

Jan 25, 2016

Found course very informative, well organized and well presented