Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM

Jul 19, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ

Jul 16, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

51 - 75 of 627 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Monica G

Apr 06, 2020

Excellent. Presentation, clarity of concepts, reflections, interactions of all the areas linked to the Sustainable Development Goals.

Visions clearly stated and addressed.

Global context and specific approaches lead to an understanding of the topic and its relevance.

They also encourage social commitment and greater involvement in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals

By Vivian W

Apr 12, 2020

Phenomenal.

Katherine Richardson is able to convey information on climate change and sustainable development in associated and vital aspects of life on earth. You get to watch videos as she talks to top thinkers in their field and often associated with the UN. This is excellent curriculum and enjoyable to watch. This class was put together by super competent minds.

By UVAIS P N

Jun 08, 2020

I am very happy to have been offered such a course. This course educates us on the importance of conservation of nature and the many problems that humans face due to exploitation of the environment.

Others are suffering because of the excessive exploitation of nature by the nations of the First World. It is recommended that such things be included in the study.

By Shahab u d

May 01, 2020

A very wonderful and necessary course for all the people around the globe as we all are stakeholders in achieving sustainable development goals. A thumbs up to the instructor for such an amazing, interactive and detailed insights about such an important topic. One of the thing which can be improved is the length of the videos. They shall be shortened. Thanks

By Indah S

Sep 05, 2020

Within a short amount of time, this course provides so many useful contents and insights from professionals. Personally, it had offered me so much knowledge and widened my ideas about SDGs, helped me to think globally and locally, with lots of disciplines involved. This course is one of the best and hopefully will be useful for my current and future study.

By Dharmendra D

your teaching method is very impassive and streamlined in which the customer and a lot of other data you are one and the material you have collected is also very useful during this course and you have been very helpful to the perspective of other professors. I am glad to join The SDG course in Coursera site. thank you professor ma'am for your heard work.

By Aravind P

Apr 28, 2020

A brilliant course that gives great insight into the SDGs set forth by the United Nations Agenda 2030. Provides knowledge on the many happenings worldwide that urgently needs addressing as well as the methods and agreements presently implemented for the same. A well explained course for everyone interested in the field of sustainable development. Thanks!

By Joyce P

Sep 04, 2020

As someone who has never fully delved into the SDGs and their study I believe this course to have really helped me become acquainted with their nature as well as interactions. I believe the topics that have been discussed over the past 3 weeks to be so actual that anybody who is slightly interested in making a difference should attend this course.

By Naman G

Apr 26, 2020

Such amazing and eye opening content. It is structured in such a good way and it is very easy to learn. Got to learn many new things from this. And I recommend this course to anyone who has little bit of interest on environment side and in general to all people because it is the need of hour to understand and do something about our planet.

By Maryann S

Mar 30, 2020

The course was very helpful in offering a crisp understanding of SDGs and how we need to rebuild our world to sustain our environment. Also giving us the entire scenario with a single example made it even easier for us to understand how severe it is. The content of this course is apt for me to utilize in the future for my industry.

By Shivani T

Jun 20, 2020

I had an interesting time attending the course. As a responible world citizen I consider this as my utmost responsibility to gain knowledge and work towards Climate change. This course is designed in a manner to give you a full picture. Now I understand about how economy affects gap and how economy plays a major role for SDGs.

By Dough O O

Sep 07, 2019

I have heard a lot about the SDGs but never like this.

This has given me so much insight into the workings of the SDGs and help me understand how to go about contributing/addressing the SDGs as they play out in my country and community.

Thank you (Cousera team, Katherine Richards and all the other resource persons) for this

By Agustin M C

Apr 18, 2020

The course is spot on an introduction to the SDG logic and provides very good insight and food for thought. Excelent videos and very well chosen readings. have found it accesible, interesting and inspirational to dig a bit more on pressing issues like inequality and climate change. Thank you very much and congratulations!

By jamie l

Jul 13, 2020

An excellent review of SDGs with thoughtful interviews by the world leaders to help the viewer gain a wider world perspective. I was especially hopeful after lesson three as I thought of the business, community and personal contributions we can make outside our government policy to make a difference on a global level.

By Archit J

Jul 07, 2018

a very good surface brief knowledge on SDG. The difficulty level is very easy. i would like to suggest to increase the difficulty level for the next parallel course. also are there courses which studies these 17 sdg's in more detail. very relevant course for the beginners and should be attempted by every individual

By Kseniya K

Mar 21, 2019

The course offers a comprehensive first overview of the SDGs, including history, interrelation of different goals, challenges in reaching them etc. The course includes interviews with experts in different fields which is helpful for gaining insights from different points of views and different fields of expertise.

By Jeffrin J R

Nov 12, 2019

It has been a very informative course, would like to work on the ideologies at grass root level as I am part of the Green Cell in the Church i.e. at St. Michael's Church, Mahim (West), Mumbai 400 016, India

How can I be a part of this, as this important for sustaining Life on Earth for all Humanity and creation.

By Soe M N

Mar 13, 2020

I would like to appreciate Coursera and University of Copenhagen for organizing this precious course. I had learned a lots from this course and it was quiet challenging doing the quiz and enjoyed.

I am quiet sure, I will referenced to the SDG and it's guidance from the sessions I have learned from this. Thanks

By Prof G S

"Thank you for a great course. Great presentation style with lots of opportunities to ask questions and talk about real life examples which all made for a really enjoyable and informative course." "This has more than met my expectations." "A wonderfully practical course - both personally and professionally.

By nargas g

Apr 07, 2020

It is effective and less time consuming.In a very short time we can gather a lot from thos course.I think all should consider it if they really want to know about the synergy among SDGs . This course will help them to understand how our agriculture sector is adding to climate change. Appreciated👍

By Laura L

Dec 21, 2019

Ce cours est enrichissant car il permet de réfléchir en auto-critique à des actions positives et à une échelle mondiale d'imaginer d'autres solutions parfois anti-cléricales.

Le déroulement des séances et vidéos est fluide. Concernant les travaux individuels, il y a eu un souci dans la semaine 3.

By MWANGI K

Aug 21, 2019

My view is that this is a great way to help people understand SDGs in a more better way. Remember SDGs are anchored on very ambitious target and unless there is working together it may end up just another thing altogether

How do I get certificate out of this ad I'm not able to buy for now please

By Abel L A

Jan 06, 2019

It's an amazing and incredible course. I found what I was looking foto, and even beyond. This course, to me, is life changing. Is a tremendous tool for all the areas of the life, and feel stronger and more confident. This will help me to achieve all the goals that I have to my life. Thank you!

By Nabanita S

May 06, 2019

Wonderful course for having a comprehensive understanding of Sustainable Development. Specially involving specialists and researchers from different academic domains has provided an opportunity to look at the issues from trans-disciplinary perspective, and this is what has really enriched me.

By Diego G

Aug 14, 2020

Extremely interesting course for anyone interested in the topic. The focus on less discussed aspects such as agriculture or the role of the private sector gives interesting space for personal considerations. Strongly recommended to anyone who wants to acquire a basic knowledge of the SDGs.