Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM
Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ
Jul 15, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

201 - 225 of 783 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Jacqueline d A B F

Jul 28, 2020

This was undoubtedly the best online course I have ever taken. I have a lot of ideas and will contribute to the development of my master's research.

By Kirstein I

Nov 16, 2020

help me understand that the SDGs should be seen as interconnected goals and indicators. i also learned new things about inequality and economics

By George T

Aug 29, 2020

I found the course extremely useful in highlighting the complex and necenecesarrysary interconnections required to achieve a sustainable future.

By Isijola o

Oct 19, 2019

This course was quite enlightening in regards to the inter-relativity of all SDGs and definitely stop the concept of a "cherry-picking" mindset.

By LAKSHMI N N

Nov 30, 2020

Thanks for the opportunity and refined my self to move forward to work for teh targets and indicators of SDGs more effectively and efficiently.

By Dr V B

Sep 18, 2020

Wonderful presentations; the way the interviews are conducted is very impressive. Additional study materials provided are invaluable. Thank you

By soren s

Mar 25, 2020

A simple and easy course giving a substantial and motivating introduction to maybe the most complex challenge of all times. I am in for more !!

By Md. T H

Mar 17, 2020

Very informative and useful course. I have got plenty of knowledge about SDGs from this course which will help me to further develop my career.

By Tushar S P

I found it to be very profound and in depth course which highlighted the key aspects of SDG's. Worth doing such highly informative course...!!

By Isabela S C

Oct 25, 2020

Amazing and necessary course. I've learned a lot from "The Sustainable Development Goals - A global transdisciplinary vision for the future"!

By Jesús S

Aug 12, 2020

Me gusto mucho el profundo análisis del curso, además de las pláticas con los expertos que estos me ayudaron a entender el tema más a fondo.

By Shreeyash C

Jun 8, 2020

Sensitizes And Educates: Learning not just through the professor but by experts of various field and subjects, excellent links to researches.

By PERRIER A

Jan 12, 2019

I had ever done courses about SDGs but I appreciated this one because it gives us a view we don't use to have about SDGs. Really interesting!

By Cho T

Jun 23, 2020

This is my first course on this platform and I love it! very informative. Looking forward to utilising knowledge from this course. Thank you

By Sabrina D F F

Aug 11, 2019

Great detailed course! The teacher taught in a great manner, and having other experts bring their opinion on the matter made it even better!

By Rajesh S

Dec 8, 2020

A well crafted video and reading material. It was enlightening experience to go through this course. I will revisit again to go through it.

By Maya M J

Apr 4, 2020

I learned a lot information about UN 2030 Agendas, Sustainability Developments Goals SDGs

❤😌

So I can improve myself at my Volunteer work ❤

By M N R

May 6, 2019

Its really great learning and I love this course. I will not just attend or study but I will start from myself to add value in SDG2030 goal

By anushree s

Jun 15, 2020

Great course, easy to understand. The videos are very good and 3rd Party perspectives are helpful to understand the impact on various SDGs

By BIRHU N

is develops my knowledge regarding sustainable development. different views of different researchers will broaden my knowledge. thank you.

By Chiranjeevi U

Great and Informational course. This course explained the detailed version of the importance of SDG's and their need to be implemented.

By Yenlik T

Apr 4, 2020

Great course that explains major points in SDGs also giving big emphasis to climate change and its interconnection to almost all Goals.

By Barbara T P

Mar 26, 2020

Great course providing a transdisciplinary overview of the various challenges we are facing on the way to achieve a sustainable future.

By Sabina C

Feb 22, 2020

A great way to have more insights on the topic from certified sources supported by official data, researches and interviews. Loved it!

By Morshed R Z

Jul 23, 2020

Everyone should enroll this course. It was quite easy to learn and again it is about the most important topic in the Earth right now.