Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM
Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ
Jul 15, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

326 - 350 of 881 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Raquel P

Jan 28, 2020

the course was so valuable and there are some amazing information about SDGs . i loved the design

By Daniar Y

Sep 29, 2021

I love this course. The Speaker was good! OMG I really enjoy it and wanna learn more! Thank You!

By Ms. D N

Mar 16, 2020

it is the time to educate everyone to realise what is going on in the future and learn about sdg

By Kurniawan S

Sep 28, 2020

Great course for all level of education, because we are all need to take care our 'only' earth!

By Muktar M S

May 5, 2020

very informative and well put together, highly recommendable. i learnt so much from the course.

By Sascha N

Feb 3, 2018

Highly interesting, relevant, dense course on one of the most important challengers of our time

By garmaan n

Jan 21, 2021

A well put together and informative course with a lot of interesting supplementary reading. =)

By Yasemin G

Sep 20, 2020

Great course for learning The Sustainable Development Goals, it is very clear and informative.

By Dr. A T

Very nice course, useful to all especially those who are interested in environmental education

By Yamen A

May 4, 2020

it was a really helpful, eye opening course that allowed me to learn at my own pace. thank you

By Kiko K

Apr 9, 2020

Very interesting and provide a boarder perspective to look at the grand word "sustainability".

By Clémentine C

Apr 7, 2020

Very great course, maybe a bit short - but clear, the teacher is amazing, great interviews ...

By Andrea B

Sep 8, 2019

Very interesting and an important beginning for understanding our role in a sustainable future

By Syed W R Z

Jan 30, 2019

Developing and underdevelopment country will be gain the sustainable goal through this course.

By Jay E

Jan 20, 2021

Very well structured and very engaging course! Wow! One of the best courses I have done here.

By Upam P M

Jan 3, 2021

Crisp and well curated course. Excellent course for beginners in the field of sustainability.

By Samarth C

Jul 21, 2021

This was an amazing course. Thorough, on point. Every bit of detail was very well described.

By Ariane M

Mar 21, 2021

This has been a very good course and has been very helpful in my Masters studies. Thank you!

By BERNIE J M M

Dec 12, 2020

This course made me become mindful and aware of my actions towards our planet. So Thank You.

By Jun Y

Sep 26, 2021

This course is highly informative and very useful! Many thanks to the team of professors!!!

By Hajar

Mar 8, 2021

Very interesting content that was delivered in a smooth and catching way. Highly recommend!

By Dinesh S

Nov 6, 2020

This course very helpful for my preparation.. Thank you so much for this great opportunity.

By CHANTE C C

Oct 31, 2020

Thank you so much for opening my eyes on global problems and challenges that we are facing.

By Siya V

Jul 2, 2020

it was really helpful and the quiz session was really entertaining.Overall good experience.

By Bhagwan D

May 3, 2020

It was incredible to have this course. I learnt a lot about sustainability, Climate Change.