Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM
Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ
Jul 15, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

126 - 150 of 874 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Парцвания В Р

Aug 6, 2020

The course was very interesting, well structured and informative. Thanks a lot to Dr. Katherine Richardson, her team and all participants who made great contribution into preparation of the course. All the best from Moscow, Vakhtang Partsvaniya

By Naren M S

Oct 20, 2019

This course helped personally to understand the purpose of the SDG and the Volunteering activities I work. The author was very good in taking us through the entire course and made it very engaging. Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

By Yasmina H

May 3, 2020

What a great primer, an informative way to spend two Sunday afternoons in Covid19 lockdown. Seriously, I work in agriculture and we've adopted SDGs as business goals, so this course helped a lot and gives me raw materials to work from.

By Bhagya J

May 12, 2020

I loved the well- structured methodology used for teaching important aspects of the course. I am glad that i am now enlightened about the dire need for Sustainable Development at global level. I, 100% recommend this course to everyone.

By Mheda G

Apr 11, 2020

This course highlights the importance of sustainability, particularly Sustainable Development Goals, which is the current topic of conversation on sustainability. Sustainability applies to everybody so everyone should take this course.

By Basu J

Jul 16, 2020

It is a must to course in current scenario. It helps us in understanding the future of earth and the reality of environment.

wonderfully explained by the course instructor Katherine. Discussions were the main highlight of this course.

By Maira J N E

Mar 26, 2020

Professor Katherine Richardson has done a great job, easy to understand and clear examples. In addition to the great lectures and study material, the interviews and very qualify guests were very useful and important for learning. Thx.

By Jorge A C

Feb 18, 2021

Excellent content. Could use more operational advising content, but conceptually, without match. Clearly expressing the interactions between goals, I/m 100% sure that it will lead to some very systemic productive thinking and acting.

By Pia E

Jul 23, 2021

This course is awesome. It is like an introductory course to the SDGs. It helps you understand what the SDGs are about and understand the concepts, frameworks and theories that surround the topic. I've enjoyed this course very much!

By AYMA S

Sep 4, 2020

This is my first online course & i enjoyed a lot.It's very helpful for learning about SDGs goal .I.This course was very informative for learning many things.This online course system is very good than our offline course structure.

By Daniela N

This curse was a really good opening about the SDGs and also motivating the student to find out how these Sustainable Development Objectives are being implemented in their own country and how you could contribute to this process.

By Mitte S

Oct 2, 2020

At the same time the course helped us to understand the SDGs better, but also have room for reflection and criticism. I enjoyed the mixed method approach of combining video's with assignments, literature and room for discussion.

By H. R K R

Apr 24, 2020

Wonderfully designed course, especially the videos, in which discussions and thoughts from the experts of different fields were shared. The instructor is amazing, her eloquence and depth of knowledge got me hooked in this course.

By Mohammed S

W This is a very useful course. The concept of sustainable development made it possible to understand and embrace the full extent of it. They also have implications for sustainable development and their solution also identified

By Juan P M P

Jun 18, 2020

Amazing course and teachers. The topics treated in the course are relevant and up to date. I highly recommend this course if you have any interest on learning how we as a society can build and make a better world for the future

By Bello R W

Oct 18, 2020

By completing this course , I now have a broader perspective on what the SDGs are all about and how it can be implemented, monitored and achieved including the pull and push roles of both governments and individuals/NGOs/CSOs

By Rayna L

Sep 8, 2020

Highly informative and engaging while being succinct. Well curated additional resources. I highly recommend this to learners in a variety of different industries. I believe that the SDGs, right now, are universally relevant!

By Abigail B A

Jun 28, 2019

Substantial and concise. I appreciate the discussion on constraints to achieving the SDGs because it does not neglect the uneven situation of countries around the world, much more the current 'economic institutions'.

By STEPHANIE S

May 3, 2020

i am working in metal recycling industry over 15 years. thanks for this course to help me think and review my career again~ sustainable strategy - Do well make money & do good solve social & environmental problems.

By Noratiqah A

Jul 6, 2019

I have learnt so much from this course. The videos and delivery is clear and concise. Information especially the reading materials provided were interesting and makes me want to delve in more to understand the UNSDG.

By Stephen

Mar 13, 2019

A great overview and explanation of the SDG's. I particularly liked the interview format. Much preferred over strictly lecture. As well it pointed me towards some outstanding new resources such as doughnut economics.

By Rebekka A

Jun 8, 2018

This course has given me a great overview of the global goals and sustainability seen from different sceintific angles. I have learned a lot, and gotten many usefull articles, that I can use in the future. Thank You!

By Arun K R

Jun 9, 2020

Good insights and interesting facts and figures about SDG adoption and its need. The course is delivered in simple language and interaction with various experts are quite informative in multidimensional perspective.

By Matthieu B

Jan 18, 2019

Very enlightening course about the SDGs. Good insights about the interconnectedness of the SDGs; the need for considering both planetary boundaries AND social boundaries to achieve sustainable development for all.