Back to Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change by The University of Chicago

This class describes the science of global warming and the forecast for humans’ impact on Earth’s climate. Intended for an audience without much scientific background but a healthy sense of curiosity, the class brings together insights and perspectives from physics, chemistry, biology, earth and atmospheric sciences, and even some economics—all based on a foundation of simple mathematics (algebra)....

SL
Oct 5, 2016

A great introductory course into Global Warming as well as modelling which gives you a better insight into what is actually happening with our planet. Started another course and it all fits in.

EI
Feb 1, 2021

Very clear professor, great and approachable explanations, and interesting exercises!\n\nI like the peer-reviewed works which require us to explain a concept to 11-yos.\n\nOverall, loved it!

26 - 50 of 125 Reviews for Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change

By Frank M

Aug 12, 2016

This is a really excellent course. Prof. Archer's lectures are clear and quite interesting, and the course is well structured. Students are also introduced to the "climatemodels.uchicago.edu" website, which provides both data and analysis tools for studying climate change.

By Ben-Hur M P

Nov 19, 2020

This course is awesome, I liked very much (it's my first formal learning on Global Warming and Climate Changes, i'm very excited!). Keep going with materials like these, you're making a great job helping people to understand better what is happening with our planet. : )

By Davide M

Feb 28, 2020

This mooc allows you to acquire a solid understanding of Global Changes effects, starting by some theory, simple examples and lots of data models and web tools to play with. An amazing 12-weeks long course on a fearful but fascinating argument.

By Elena Z

Jan 14, 2020

The course is easy at the beginning but getting more difficult to the end. Provided great overview of models and opportunities they give and knowledge on the interrelation of various factors and climate characteristics. Happy I took the course

By Martin M

Feb 3, 2020

A must for anyone interested in climate change, gives you a great understanding of the scientific issues at stake and the dynamics of GHGs vs. Temperature of the planet via. online access to actual climate models.

By Brendan C

Dec 6, 2020

A very approachable introduction to climate science and the dangers of global warming from respected ocean chemist Prof. David Archer. Good online resources in the form of climate models from U Chicago.

By ADDEY C I

Jul 24, 2020

It is a well-taught course, which is applicable to global and regional climate scenarios, I recommend this course to climate change enthusiasts and people looking to learn something new and interesting.

By Manon H

Dec 11, 2020

A clear introduction to the science of climate change. Rather heavy on the mathematical side of things, so some understanding of basic formulas and chemistry would be useful. Definitely recommend!

By Sandra L

Oct 6, 2016

By Rasika C

Jun 27, 2020

A detailed and really knowledgable course. The course structure and the knowledge shared by Prof. David made learning simple and interesting. The assignments are also very well structured.

By Edouard I

Feb 2, 2021

I like the peer-reviewed works which require us to explain a concept to 11-yos.

Overall, loved it!

By Markus M

Aug 7, 2019

This course gives a sense of the whole picture. Wisely designed, Intelligibly explained, full of metaphors and graphics. I'm grateful to David Archer. Recommend this course.

By Mark H

Feb 21, 2018

Very nice balance of quizzes and interacting with the models. Very clear lectures. I also appreciated that Prof. Archer kept a sharp line between the known and the maybes.

By Şeyma K

Jan 27, 2021

This course was very useful and educational. I am very satisfied. The teacher's narration was also very good. I would love to take the 2nd lesson as well.

By S N H S

Oct 15, 2020

Thanks, Prof David Archer for teaching us. You may not know us but hope to see you face to face when I visit the US after the coronavirus pandemic.

By OSCAR D R R

Jul 24, 2020

The course content is very complete and the explanations are excellent. The activities are enjoyable and help to the understanding of the concepts.

By Fernando

Aug 1, 2020

This course provides me with new insights regarding climate change and its modelling - and how people can adapt and prevent a much worse scenario.

By Ryan H

Mar 19, 2016

I found this course very interesting and informative and it has helped me understand and debate climate change to a much greater capacity

By Liao X

Apr 26, 2017

This is an interesting and challenging course but I love it!! Get an idea of how models and programs are used to analyze climate issues.

By George K

Dec 28, 2015

Great class with a very gifted professor. The level of the class is very good! Advanced when this is needed and simple when necessary.

By Huzaifa M M

Dec 6, 2019

I have learned so much from this course. I prefer this course to everyone who want to understand climate science in a very easy way.

By Fabrizio L

Mar 22, 2016

Very good, interesting and essential course. Everybody should know the Earth's climate basics since everybody is living on Earth

By Andreas J S

Feb 24, 2019

Very good course to understand the connections between temperature, greenhouse gases, water vapor, carbon cylce ...

By Petros G

Jul 29, 2017

I liked the subject and professor is well prepared and an expert in the field. The mode of delivery is interactive.

By Anton P

Oct 5, 2016

Very interesting course! With the recommended book one can delve quite deeply into the science of climate change.