Back to Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change by The University of Chicago

This class describes the science of global warming and the forecast for humans’ impact on Earth’s climate. Intended for an audience without much scientific background but a healthy sense of curiosity, the class brings together insights and perspectives from physics, chemistry, biology, earth and atmospheric sciences, and even some economics—all based on a foundation of simple mathematics (algebra)....

SL

Oct 06, 2016

A great introductory course into Global Warming as well as modelling which gives you a better insight into what is actually happening with our planet. Started another course and it all fits in.

SK

May 27, 2019

It's a very comprehensive and extremely tough course to negotiate. Some of the quiz answers are still a mystery. It has arisen the appetite of Climate Change within me, like never before.

26 - 50 of 95 Reviews for Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change

By Sushant K

May 27, 2019

By Markus M

Aug 07, 2019

This course gives a sense of the whole picture. Wisely designed, Intelligibly explained, full of metaphors and graphics. I'm grateful to David Archer. Recommend this course.

By Mark H

Feb 21, 2018

Very nice balance of quizzes and interacting with the models. Very clear lectures. I also appreciated that Prof. Archer kept a sharp line between the known and the maybes.

By Ryan H

Mar 19, 2016

I found this course very interesting and informative and it has helped me understand and debate climate change to a much greater capacity

By Liao X

Apr 27, 2017

This is an interesting and challenging course but I love it!! Get an idea of how models and programs are used to analyze climate issues.

By George K

Dec 28, 2015

Great class with a very gifted professor. The level of the class is very good! Advanced when this is needed and simple when necessary.

By Huzaifa M M

Dec 06, 2019

I have learned so much from this course. I prefer this course to everyone who want to understand climate science in a very easy way.

By Fabrizio L

Mar 22, 2016

Very good, interesting and essential course. Everybody should know the Earth's climate basics since everybody is living on Earth

By Andreas J S

Feb 24, 2019

Very good course to understand the connections between temperature, greenhouse gases, water vapor, carbon cylce ...

By Petros G

Jul 29, 2017

I liked the subject and professor is well prepared and an expert in the field. The mode of delivery is interactive.

By Anton P

Oct 05, 2016

Very interesting course! With the recommended book one can delve quite deeply into the science of climate change.

By Zainab K

Sep 12, 2019

This is an awesome course. I'm introduced to so many new things that I'd hardly get chance of getting knowing.

By Bhaskar S

Jul 15, 2016

Its a very good course for students interested in learning all about Global warming and its impacts

By shashank n

Jan 20, 2018

Amazing course. Gives a great overview of our planet. I'd recommend this for everyone. its a must.

By David P

Sep 26, 2016

Really cuts through the opinions of the people who don't know the science behind climate change.

By Mahmud H T

Feb 07, 2017

I have learned a lot of thing including the science of climate change and mitigation.

By Sinali R

Jun 21, 2018

Great course content. Optional exercises seemed to have minor glitches with answers.

By Jonathan D

Aug 20, 2017

Excellent course to gain a basic understanding of the science of climate change.

By mahto a

Jan 09, 2018

cool lectures of earth an what problems have arose an what can we do to solve

By Nicholas W

Sep 29, 2019

Amazing. I have been recommending this course to my collogues and mentorees.

By Michael O

Aug 17, 2019

Important course underlining the basics that of understanding climate change

By Varun B G

Dec 15, 2019

Very good course for beginners who want a holistic view of global warming

By Ashok k R

Excellent Course. Professor David Archer's lectures are simply superb.

By 陆叶子

Jan 05, 2016

very useful and the teacher taught in a easy understanding way.

By Mohsen M V

Feb 06, 2016

Thanks a lot for a such smooth and effective presentation