Back to Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change by The University of Chicago

This class describes the science of global warming and the forecast for humans’ impact on Earth’s climate. Intended for an audience without much scientific background but a healthy sense of curiosity, the class brings together insights and perspectives from physics, chemistry, biology, earth and atmospheric sciences, and even some economics—all based on a foundation of simple mathematics (algebra)....

SL

Oct 06, 2016

A great introductory course into Global Warming as well as modelling which gives you a better insight into what is actually happening with our planet. Started another course and it all fits in.

SK

May 27, 2019

It's a very comprehensive and extremely tough course to negotiate. Some of the quiz answers are still a mystery. It has arisen the appetite of Climate Change within me, like never before.

26 - 50 of 78 Reviews for Global Warming I: The Science and Modeling of Climate Change

By sergii k

May 06, 2018

best one

By Olaleye A

May 30, 2017

Simply Fantastic!

By mahto a

Jan 09, 2018

cool lectures of earth an what problems have arose an what can we do to solve

By Mark H

Feb 21, 2018

Very nice balance of quizzes and interacting with the models. Very clear lectures. I also appreciated that Prof. Archer kept a sharp line between the known and the maybes.

By Brendan C

May 04, 2016

A very approachable introduction to climate science and the dangers of global warming from respected ocean chemist Prof. David Archer. Good online resources in the form of climate models from U Chicago.

By Majid A

Mar 09, 2016

Excellent!

By Sinali R

Jun 21, 2018

Great course content. Optional exercises seemed to have minor glitches with answers.

By Fabrizio L

Mar 22, 2016

Very good, interesting and essential course. Everybody should know the Earth's climate basics since everybody is living on Earth

By Liao X

Apr 27, 2017

This is an interesting and challenging course but I love it!! Get an idea of how models and programs are used to analyze climate issues.

By Anton P

Oct 05, 2016

Very interesting course! With the recommended book one can delve quite deeply into the science of climate change.

By Bricout_Stephanie

Sep 08, 2017

I did learn a lot of things. 2 small comments though, a bit stressful not to have enough reviewers to rate your work especially if you are late. And some quizz lack of explanations, I did not get why one was wrong. Community is fortunatly there to back you up. Many thanks to all of you.

By Mahmud H T

Feb 07, 2017

I have learned a lot of thing including the science of climate change and mitigation.

By Sandra L

Oct 06, 2016

By John N M

Jun 13, 2016

SUPERB SUPERB!!

By Illargi U

Feb 19, 2017

Excelente curso; disfruté todo el proceso. Lo recomiendo

By Petros G

Jul 29, 2017

I liked the subject and professor is well prepared and an expert in the field. The mode of delivery is interactive.

By James W

Jan 07, 2016

Highly informative in bite sized bits.

By David P

Sep 26, 2016

Really cuts through the opinions of the people who don't know the science behind climate change.

By Brice B

Mar 14, 2017

Great course!!! The course is comprehensive and it progresses at a good pace (except for week 5 and 6, too fast from my point of view). Professor Archer is a very precise and clear lecturer (he uses very helpful analogies). He writes on a blackboard and does it very well which is a nice change from the usual - poorly prepared - slides. He is calm and has a soft voice but at the same time he is not soporific for one second. If you are interested in the topic, go for it! If you're not, give it a try!

By Jon Ø B

May 19, 2016

Excellent course. My understanding of the world and how we are affected by climate has grown tenfold if not more. I recommend this to anyone who has an interest in living on this planet.

By Mark W

Jan 18, 2016

Brilliantly presented material, of great importance.

By David A D V

Jan 03, 2016

ENJOYING IT!

By Kevin N L

Nov 27, 2016

I recommend the course, for anyone who understands some math and science. The quizzes and writing exercises were challenging in different ways, and helped me to develop my skills in computing, understanding, looking at data, and practice sharing in the enterprise of science.

I would give my performance maybe a B since I did very well in some areas (I understood the science very well, and mainly aced the quizzes) but not so well in others (in the writing assignments I kept getting into trouble with the deadlines and the interface, and in grading other people's papers sometimes I wasn't very thoughtful in my judgments and statements.)

Also, I said I understood the science very well, but also I know I could have looked more thoroughly at some parts of the science. Especially about the analysis of radiation as it interacts with the atmosphere, I think I went too fast, and relied on looking at a graph to get myself through the lesson. I am sure the graph has a solid foundation, but I would like to review that part of the course or look at that information more deeply.

There is a term project at the end that took me by surprise and I procrastinated on it - bad habit.

I decided to go ahead and purchase the course since I am willing to support the course. My finances are really not good but considering the amount of time I put into the course, I should be able to afford that much.

By Kevin B

Apr 21, 2017

A really useful and interesting Course.It does require a level of commitment, like anything worthwhile. When finished, you will great a great sense of achievement at having learned about a very important issue. The Lecturer is engaging and a lot of the assignments involve learning to use research grade climate modelling tools.

By Jonathan D

Aug 20, 2017

Excellent course to gain a basic understanding of the science of climate change.