Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

3176 - 3200 of 3,722 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By LEE, Y

Mar 27, 2019

Not bad, but I want to more information about tense. i hope the tense course need to put lots of information.

By Swati G

Oct 04, 2015

It explains various grammar rules in a very clear and concise manner. Eager to learn more of English grammar.

By Ghada S A

Aug 07, 2019

It is good for people with intermediate people. have many tricks i never know before. i have enjoyed my time

By FENG X D

Jan 17, 2019

I mostly feel satisify with this course, but actually speaking, it seems that we can add more content in it.

By Pawan S

Jun 26, 2018

Course structure was really good. It would have been better if there would have been more practice problems.

By hua y

Dec 31, 2017

I had a good experience with this course.

It'll be even better if there can be a review plan for the course.

By Joyce D

Oct 16, 2016

This was a great refresher course for basic grammar. I would love to take the next level up if there is one!

By Camila L

Sep 19, 2016

I'm still a little confused on some things, but otherwise great course! I really think I have learned a lot.

By Fahmida H

May 04, 2020

I like the course materials, but I think it will be great if there are more practice sentences and quizzes.

Mar 15, 2019

I didnt expect the understanding and learning, that I had when I started the course online. Thank you Team.

By Lan X

Jan 12, 2016

This course is a good review of what I have learnt before, and it clears out some confusions. Quite useful.

By Megumi T

Jan 27, 2020

The explanation is simple, so that you can understand the rules of punctuation easily through this course.

By Carolina H

Jan 02, 2016

This course is very comprehensive, especially if you want to learn where to put commas in your sentences!

By Alif R

Apr 19, 2020

The quiz sections was not that much easy, needed some terrible focusing and complete idea on the topics.

By Karolína P

Aug 11, 2019

Content was very well structured and helpful. However, multiple external practice resources didn't work.

By Amin k

Feb 11, 2016

It's a good course, and it has a good structure to push student forward to improve their writing skills.

By Bhargav G

Oct 25, 2015

simple and effective tips on the writing, I have learnt few rules which i can use in my regular writing.

By German A R

Oct 19, 2015

It's a really good course when you are trying to understand more of the grammar and improve your writing

By Chandni

Jun 30, 2020

It's a very good course. I suggest everyone to learn from this online course, it's very helpful for me.

By Bashaer

Apr 01, 2017

Every thing was good ,but I wish if the English teacher corrected my assignment and gave me a feedback.

By chace

Feb 24, 2018

Very good! But I think it's more suitable for high school students, as the course's content is simple.

By Celso O

Dec 03, 2015

It was my first Coursera course. Exceeded my expectations with the way how the lessons were explained.

By Jayanth S

Dec 26, 2018

this is a very good course, I was able to learn a lot about the sentence structure, and punctuations.

By Carmen B M

Jul 08, 2020

I really like to take this course, but I would have liked to do a reminder at the end of the course.

By Mohamed M A

Jan 16, 2018

needs more example's and need to explained it more

but it's great course i know too much thank you <3