Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI
Jul 2, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

MH
Nov 5, 2020

The course was so fascinating and it deserves everybody's time and effort. I have really enjoyed it and will confidently recommend it to anyone who is looking for a course on grammar and punctuations.

426 - 450 of 5,112 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Mariana L

Jan 24, 2016

It's really easy to follow instructions and well structured. It is a great tool that do not take you much time to complete assignments and helps you to learn in a positive way.

By Juan A

Jan 10, 2016

Very good, it provides important information in a new and fresh way. Every new concept is together with examples which make easier to understand and keep in memory the concept.

By zahra r

Oct 27, 2020

one of the best course to review the important grammer and writing structures in a basic form.

absolutely I recommend this course to every one how want to start write essay. ;)

By Qasim A

Jun 18, 2020

I have learned many things from this course. Confusing punctuation states as well as sentence types were the most important topics I have learned. Thanks for excellent tutors.

Apr 10, 2020

This course has been very beneficial for me as I am a faculty of English. The course has helped me in clearing my doubts and confusions. I am glad to be a part of this course.

By Claudio H

Jan 3, 2018

Excellent! Easy to follow and full of practices that encourage the students to go forward. Thank you very much to UCI, Tamy Chapman and everyone else involved in this project!

By ANA M R B

Aug 16, 2017

The course include short videos with clear pieces of grammar that can be easily integrated to your writting. Exercises are also a good tool for reeinforcing the new knowledge.

By Julie A C

Nov 22, 2020

VERY INFORMATIVE, ENGAGING, AND USEFUL COURSE

TOPICS ARE CLEAR AND I APPRECIATE THE COURSE FOR PROVIDING LOTS OF EXAMPLES FOR EACH LESSON FOR US TO UNDERSTAND MORE! THANK YOU!

By Lica T

Sep 24, 2020

I exceptionally recommend this course! It has not only give me an effective review on my grammar and punctuation but it also provide extra knowledge and tips on good writing.

By Mahnoor Z

Sep 18, 2020

Whether you are taking it as a beginner or a reviewer, this course is excellent and well-structured. The practice exercises are well designed and helpful. Highly recommended.

By Chang C

Sep 17, 2020

It's a very practical and useful course. I finally realize some wrong usages in my writing like different tenses, and I hope to continue to study to improve my writing skill.

By A.W. D S

Jun 8, 2020

It was a grate course. I learned a lot about grammar and punctuation.I think this will help me to improve my writing skills.Thank you all the teachers who create this course.

By Alejandra N

May 3, 2019

Me parece un excelente curso, sin embargo se debe tener un muy buen manejo del ingles para poder ejecutarlo, no es facil y en este momento no tengo este manejo en ese idioma.

By Nisha P

Nov 5, 2015

The 'Grammar and Punctuation' course was extremely helpful and challenging. The instructor is better than the teachers I had in school, therefore found her clear and concise.

By Okunola F

Jan 12, 2021

Great course! This course is similar to EB Strunk's Element of Writing. I love the way the course goes straight to the point, enlightening you what to do and what not to do.

By Gul E L K

Jun 11, 2016

I am totally in love with this course. I experienced instant improvement in my writing skills, and found errors in my writings which I would have never thought of as errors.

By Kenna B

Feb 9, 2016

The professor is excellent!. She explains everything in a way very easy to understand. The module is basic, but it is essential if you want to improve your english writing .

By Alitzel G H

Mar 22, 2021

I´ve learned a lot about the grammar and how to have a correct punctuation. This course help me a lot, because I didn´t know some of the information it contains. Thank you.

By Arieha E

Feb 16, 2021

THIS COURSE IS THE GREATEST, THANK YOU COURSERA FOR ACCEPTING ME. I WILL MAKE GREAT USE OF MY CERTIFICATE. THANK YOU LECTURERES FOR YOUR NEEDED TIME AND PATIENCE.

THANK YOU.

By khadeejah L

Sep 30, 2020

This course was very beneficial and easy to complete within a specific time period, the resourses was very helpful and sufficient for learning. I enjoyed doing this course.

By José C P A

Jun 30, 2020

Very good and interactive course. All around I feel I have improved my grammar and punctuation skills by a lot. Thank you everyone also for the feedback in the submissions.

By Anka Y

Sep 30, 2016

Pretty good course, everything is explained very clearly, probably, the tasks are a bit easy, but I still appreciate the work of people who created this project. Thank you.

By rena b

Jan 1, 2016

All in all, this course opened up an universe of expression options for me!

Furthermore, I felt in love with semicolons!

Great presentation, perfect pace, and good practice!

By Ekaterina

Dec 8, 2015

Great and useful course, really helps to understand how the grammar and punctuation works, focuses on correct use of verb tenses as well. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

By Ana A P

Apr 12, 2021

Ha sido un excelente curso, he aprendido un montón, me gustaría continuar con el siguiente curso pero antes reforzare las bases para así aprovechar adecuadamente el curso.