Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

101 - 125 of 2,310 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Gaafar M A A

Feb 26, 2019

It's a great course. It helps you to develop your skills well.

By Marisel G R

Feb 26, 2019

The course has excellent review , exercises and practice opportunity. I strongly recommended.

By Suzete M D

Feb 26, 2019

Você Aprende a escrever !

By Thungayya S A

Feb 27, 2019

Fantastic Course. Loved it.

By Satadru S

Feb 21, 2019

Professionally speaking, this course has expanded my knowledge.

By Olga R

Mar 05, 2019

This grammar and punctuation course filled the gaps that I had on punctuation. The structure is very efficient and clear; it was easy to remember the rules and practice them. Though I was skeptical regarding the peer reviews, they proved to be a good instrument. I would like to see more participation of the instructors: for example, proofing the peer reviews. I understand that it would increase the cost of the course, though. In addition, I feel like we didn't learn all punctuation cases. I haven't seen anything about the colon or dash uses, not even mentioning the direct speech. However, in spite of said above, I would highly recommend the course to those who would like to know or revisit the punctuation basics. I will definitely look at the other courses by UCI Irvine

By T A N E

Feb 28, 2019

This course exceeded my expectation and there is a big difference in my writing now.

By Akinyede O A

Mar 01, 2019

Awesome

By Zachary E

Mar 01, 2019

Excellent course design and easy to follow. Instructors are very clear.

By Preeti A

Mar 02, 2019

I am glad to be doing this course and even it will be helping me until my life time and thank the professors for teaching me on this platform.

By Mily W

Mar 02, 2019

Very useful and interesting.

By m n

Mar 02, 2019

Thanks for all who are provided this course, this was very helpful for me and I learned a lot of punctuation rules.

By Opal C

Mar 04, 2019

Great refresher course.

By Uliana

Mar 03, 2019

An excellent course, it gave me brief understanding of the grammar an punctuation.

By Kassymov N

Mar 06, 2019

I got more comfortables with punctuations. Highly recommended!

By Tanya C

Amazing course!

By Hung L B

Mar 08, 2019

Great chance to review your grammar !

By Hilda B

Mar 09, 2019

I am becoming more and more confident in my writing with just the first part of this course. I will keep on going because once I finish, nothing will stop me!

By Carol J

Mar 10, 2019

This course has given me a great understanding on how to effectively use grammar and punctuation.

By Arslan N

Mar 09, 2019

Very useful to Learn English grammar and punctuation

By David M S

Mar 08, 2019

Great course. Very interactive. It is not just sitting and watching videos.

By LUIS E A P

Mar 10, 2019

is very good

By Zhuo S

Mar 11, 2019

My first course, it's a great English course, thank you.

By Karina d B

Mar 12, 2019

I am learning a lot, thank you.

By 海上机械师

Mar 13, 2019

It is a valuable experience for learning English writing basic.