Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI
Jul 2, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

MH
Nov 5, 2020

The course was so fascinating and it deserves everybody's time and effort. I have really enjoyed it and will confidently recommend it to anyone who is looking for a course on grammar and punctuations.

5201 - 5225 of 5,327 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Phyu S

Apr 21, 2020

The examples and teaching videos are excellent. But, there should be more exercises for practice.

By Lee P

Oct 11, 2020

None of the practise links work in multiple browsers. Hard to think I’m getting my money worth.

By Ali W

Oct 16, 2017

The course doesn't cover some of the punctuations but overall its a great course to start with.

By Marcela B S

Mar 18, 2016

Acho bastante monótono e tradicional. Contudo, é explicado de modo simples e funcional.

By HARSH K S

The content was best but supporting supplementary reader doesn't worked at all.

By Elizabeth D

Jan 22, 2016

It was overall, alright. All of the group assignments killed it for me, though.

By Damian O H

Feb 7, 2021

The course was very easy to follow, clear to understand and it was convenient.

By Shubham

Jun 28, 2020

Most of the practise assignments didn't run either on Safari or on Chrome.

By Sara S

Jan 3, 2021

Loved the course content and outline just hoped it would be more advanced

By Julia M

Aug 14, 2016

It was a good start, but I wish the assignments were a little bit harder.

By krishnendu k

Aug 29, 2020

It was a good course. Now, I am very much confident about punctuation.

By ا م م ح

Feb 27, 2018

i recommend making a video at the end of course to summary the course

By Jannatul F

Jul 5, 2020

I have acquired a diverse knowledge on grammar and punctuation.

By Uday K

Aug 8, 2019

Good videos on grammar and punctuation but not much on writing.

By Daniel M M

Jun 23, 2016

Very good course. Interesting tips and summaries. Very helpful.

By Arowosegbe D O

Jun 29, 2020

American English as opposing my knowledge of British English.

By Martin H

Jul 24, 2017

Very good; however, the training apps did not work on my Mac.

By Ravi K

Jan 19, 2016

it is very nice course, and improve my english writting style

By Muhammad F A

It was really helpful for me to advance my punctuation skill

By Dina P H

Aug 15, 2020

It would be useful if we get feedbacks from the lecturers.

By T. L

Nov 11, 2019

Must pay to sign up in order to submit final quizzes, etc.

By Diego B Z

Mar 6, 2016

It's a good course, In the last lesson miss more examples.

By nora b

Feb 23, 2016

Very useful and the information taught are well presented

By Jocelyn A

Nov 24, 2015

The videos are really boring, however the course is good.

By May M S

Aug 13, 2017

good to learn it's easy and useful i like it very much