Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

MB

Jun 26, 2020

I highly recommend this course. This paves the way to keep a note higher in my English skills particularly in grammar and punctuation. What a remarkable experience ! You will definitely learn a lot .

2251 - 2275 of 4,660 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Jonathan U S C

Sep 26, 2020

I love it, and it was a good course.

By DEBOPARNA B

Sep 14, 2020

This course was very helpful for me.

By Pulkit M

Sep 07, 2020

Loved the reasoning and explanation.

By Lauren A

Sep 05, 2020

It was so helpful parts for writing.

By Varsha B

Sep 03, 2020

Very interesting and helpful course!

By Mariette F

Aug 04, 2020

Great to get to know the basic again

By Farwa N

Jul 25, 2020

Best course and Amazing instructors.

By Ibrahim C

Jul 21, 2020

A good refresher course. Enjoyed it.

By Maria F I P

Jun 30, 2020

It was an incredibly helpful course!

By Keloth H J

Jun 29, 2020

this course is very help full to me.

By Anshika A

May 14, 2020

This course is really very helpful .

By Avinaba M

Apr 29, 2020

The course was absolutely excellent!

By Amima K

Apr 27, 2020

It was amazing, and I learned a lot.

By Michael M

Mar 20, 2020

very excellent course thanks for you

By Nohad E A

Jan 28, 2020

It is a simple and refreshing course

By jjimenezr24@hotmail.com

Jan 21, 2020

perfect course to get better grammar

By sara l k

Aug 20, 2019

Good course with practise as needed!

By Jitender S V

Apr 01, 2018

Awesome course, and I learned a lot.

By LEONARDO D A G

Sep 03, 2017

Very good course! Congratulations!!!

By Rafael A C G

Jun 01, 2017

Wonderful course. It helped me a lot

By ANAND R

Dec 13, 2016

Awesome course. I have learned a lot

By Sherif R

Nov 16, 2016

Interesting and straitforward course

By Nahla N

Oct 02, 2016

helpful .... easy to keep up with it

By PRAMILA B

Feb 05, 2016

its great and i am enjoying it .....

By Fawad Z A K

Jan 20, 2016

One of the best courses on Coursera!