Back to Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design by California Institute of the Arts

This condensed survey course focuses on four key periods or themes from the history of design. Together we’ll trace the emergence of design as a recognized practice, why things look the way they do, and how designers approached specific design problems in their work. Each week, a short quiz will test your knowledge of concepts, and a short reflective assignment will give you the opportunity to analyze the questions designers ask themselves today. This is an essential course for emerging designers entering the field, or for students interested in learning more about visual culture and analysis. No previous experience is required....

PD
Nov 26, 2016

Its been a great course, many info and points that are fantastic in the learning or adding new knowledge always. I will always recommend this course for those who want to know more and learn design.

AD
Dec 4, 2016

Loved it and all the examples the teachers put into it, as well as the organization and evolution of themes. Big thank you to the teacher ladies. I learned a lot and enjoyed the lessons very much.

126 - 150 of 416 Reviews for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

By Ferdinand P

Aug 29, 2016

This is a very important course in understanding the history of graphic design. Good job to the creators of this course.

By Deb S

Jan 27, 2017

Very interesting course. Would love to see an advanced course that explores more history of graphic design. Much fun!

By Aslı A

Feb 16, 2021

I am so happy to take this course, I have learned so much and definitely gave me a new perspective on graphic design.

By Xue F

Jul 24, 2020

This course gave me a broader view of graphic design and revealed the connection between graphic design and society.

By Mahmudul W S

Sep 24, 2020

This course makes students dig deeper into some concepts of graphics designing that they may already familiar with.

By Rui

Apr 1, 2019

I really think the materials are well organized. For beginners like me, it offers so much inspiration. Good course!

By Dhan B

Feb 12, 2021

Great Course iv learn a lot in this course and i wish that i could apply this new knowledge though out my carrerr.

By Ivan O

Dec 15, 2016

Interesting and fun to watch. Not so practical as other courses in the Specialisation but definitely good to know.

By Daphne V V

Jan 9, 2021

I loved this course, learning more about the history of design. It is very inspirational and tastes like more!

By Salem F A

Sep 28, 2019

I get a lot of information from this part of graphic design specialization courses, very highly recommended .

By Viorel-Daniel S

Oct 9, 2017

It was fun learning about the history of design. Assignments are easy and do not require much effort, though.

By Breen O

Aug 3, 2020

Excellent course. Very interesting . I enjoyed the assignments though the bar is very low to receive a pass.

By Sahara Z F

Sep 17, 2020

A very fun and informative course. Take this course if you are interested in the history of graphic design!

By Mark H

Sep 8, 2020

I found this course to be very interesting and very relevant to anyone who is serious about Graphic Design.

By Daria N

Nov 29, 2018

Excellent insight into history, many interesting examples, it was very informative. Thanks for the course!

By Ahmed M A

Sep 11, 2018

it's very useful course

i learned, how designers are thinking in the past and how it related to the future

By Sofía V d l T A L

Nov 25, 2020

This is a great course! It shows the value of Graphic Design through the years in a very interesting way.

By VALERIO , S R (

Feb 12, 2021

thank you for the learning experience, i know it will really help me throughout my journey as an artist.

By Juliette S

Nov 7, 2016

Great class! learned a lot about the history of design and how the techniques are still being used today

By Oluwaseun O O

Oct 23, 2016

i hatehistory as a subject but i love this course. some great ideas from the past still being used today

By Kyle L

Aug 9, 2016

Really great and thorough content. A wonderful introduction to the dense and exciting history of design.

By Ellie R

Sep 24, 2018

Very interesting and insightful trip throughout the history of graphic design with thorough analysis.

By Tawana D W

Mar 19, 2018

This course is fast paced and very informative. I really like how well organized each lesson appears.

By P Z C

Jun 3, 2017

I learned so miuch. Best course of all last 4 in the Graphic Design so far. Let me test the last one.

By Nirav N

Oct 21, 2020

This course teaches me basics and foundation of Graphics design and how it gets improved with time.