Back to Graphic Elements of Design: Color Theory and Image Formats

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Elements of Design: Color Theory and Image Formats by University of Colorado Boulder

Examining and exploring the various types of images and graphic elements will be the focus of this course. We will start with color theory to distinguish between CMYK, Pantone and RGB color options and their usages. Then we will review the various types of images used in both print and digital design projects. Finally we will look at logo designs to determine what makes for the best images and graphic elements for corporate branding and imaging....

MF

Jul 6, 2020

This course is really good for beginners like me. All the topics are clearly explained and I feel like I've learned a lot. Thank you very much to Dr. Poole and all the team behind this great course.

SA

Feb 7, 2021

I love how each subject are presented in a very simplified manner and how each course in this specialization complements one another. Miss Lori Poole is a great teacher, we're so lucky to have her.

101 - 125 of 132 Reviews for Graphic Elements of Design: Color Theory and Image Formats

By Swaliya S

By Kunal Y

Aug 16, 2020

awsm

By B J V T C

Good

By Ronnie A G

Nov 27, 2020

It is great and almost perfect course for the beginners like me but like the way it uses to, it is not perfect because it is not fully complete, I feel like there's a deeper meaning behind this course that I need to know. I think I have to dig deep to know it, anyway thanks for everything and to anyone that constitute this course especially to Dr. Lori Poole, thank you! I hope you will continue enhancing other people like me that thirst for knowledge, again thank you to all of you Sir/Ma'am keep it up...😉👍

By Alice R

Dec 6, 2021

C​ontent was great - short but with lots of resources. I learned a lot about why there are different colour systems. The only part that is difficult is the peer reviewing. I understand why we have to do it but it puts limits on getting through the program quickly. We have to leave messages in the Forum with links to our work. I always review more than I need to because I know people want to move on to the next courses. Otherwise, I am really enjoying these courses.

By Kruti P

Jul 1, 2021

I have gained really good understanding and knowledge of colors through this course. It is just one thing that I would improve, the kind of design the instructor showed us, was like she was teaching a 10 year kid to design. this course is professional, I wish it was treated that way.

By Alejandra

Jun 28, 2020

The course help me understand the color theory and really make me aware of a lot of things graphic designers need to do in order to have a good piece. Really helpful for beginners like me who wanted to improve and aspire to be a graphic designer.

By Antonella L G

Apr 6, 2021

Buen curso, creo que me hubiera gustado que fuera un poco mas largo, para que sea mas completo, sobre todo que características tiene cada color, y cuando usarlos en cada cosa, mas ejemplos, etc. Pero estuvo bueno.

By Isaac F N V

Jun 17, 2020

It's a nice way to get introduced into basic Design concepts, and many doubts about color are getting clear in my hue (*Badum tsss*) I really enjoyed it!

By Simran S

Jul 28, 2020

i like the ease of the course and the way mentor presented everything in the videos she is just amazing, i got to know some very important terms.

By Tauhid A

Jun 27, 2020

great course but i wish i could learn more about color theory and how to apply the best colors. but overall, the course was good enough

By Jennefer P

Mar 29, 2022

i​t was OK. Was hoping to be more creative in the course and gain inspiration but it covers the basics in theory.

By Berhan a

Dec 7, 2020

This was my very first course i take from Coursera

it was great and contain a lot of great ideas and informations

By Ambuja B

Apr 14, 2020

This course provides a nice start for people who want to start their journey in the world of Graphic Designing.

By Siddhesh P T

Aug 20, 2021

Very nice and nicely curated course though can be a bit more informative regarding the designing process

Aug 24, 2020

Still very simple and perhaps a bit too easy course, but the assignments are interesting

By Hafiz M T

Dec 22, 2020

A good course. Many things learned. Thank you, instructor.

By sabrina a