Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF Cities and ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere!...

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

251 - 275 of 637 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Tatiana R R

Aug 11, 2016

Is very complete, and we change the view and understand that we can help to change our country.

By Natali P A P

Nov 24, 2020

Excelente curso que te muestra las ciudades como eje para la lucha contra el cambio climático.

By Aisha O A

May 24, 2019

5 stars! one star for each week. Informative, well presented, simple to understand. Thank you.

By Cyrus M

Oct 9, 2018

Very informative, learnt a lot that has fueled my passion for sustainable buildings and cities

By Varsha S

Dec 1, 2019

A very useful course to understand policies to develop smarter cities. Definitely informative

By Catherine O

Dec 13, 2020

Fantastic course! Makes you wanna improve your way of living and act forward for the planet!

By Lidia G

Sep 16, 2016

Fun and interesting. A wonderful way to understand that a green future is and should be now.

By Gabriela

Oct 1, 2018

Great course- it's a good introduction to the sustainability world. The material is great!

By Everaldo O S

Feb 20, 2016

Excellent content, explanatory talks and with many examples that made easier understanding.

By Jonathan C R

Sep 7, 2020

A great course to open yourself to the different solutions other cities are implementing.

By Rozen M

Innovation and collaboration is the key! This lesson is what we lack today in our cities!

By Pravin K

Nov 29, 2020

Well worth the time spent taking this course. Recommended for entrepreneurs and citizens

By M K

Oct 14, 2020

I Have truly loved and enjoyed this course, i would want to continue to next next level

By Martin V

Feb 4, 2016

I have already tried several courses but this one is a game changer!

Highly recommended!

By om p s

Jan 22, 2016

I liked the course and I liked professor teaching and University.Thanks for the course.

By SANJAY J

May 14, 2020

Amazing course. really loved it. The way it is presented makes it even more beautiful,

By Sol K

Apr 14, 2020

Great course! Clear information, great texts and a lot of information to learn about.

By tejaswini v k

Sep 30, 2020

Very interesting course. Video lectures are easy to understand. I really enjoyed it.

By Cheuk W T Y

Jun 15, 2018

Resourceful with a lot of involvement of other key players and research in the field

By Sezer U

Nov 20, 2020

I got great information about sustainability, which is the topic that interests me.

By Gabriel F

Oct 9, 2020

its a wonderful course, i learned a lot of things, i opened my vision about society

By Evy

Jun 8, 2020

Great course. A lot of information with relevant and inspiring examples. Thank you.

By maria d

Oct 17, 2017

Great set of proposals worldwide! I would love to have more analytical assignments!

By Homa

Jun 6, 2018

Very useful, easy to follow, good resources, very good and understandable English!

By Maryam B

It was a wonderful course. I enjoyed and learned a lot. Thanks to Lund University