Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy in Europe and around the world. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine how visions, experiments and innovations can transform urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course was launched in January 2016, and it was updated in September 2021 with new podcasts, films and publications. The course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability who work with creating sustainable cities. The course features researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs from a range organisations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

126 - 150 of 712 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Geetanjali S

Sep 19, 2019

This course has been very informative. I am quite interested now in urban sustainability and the various aspects of it. Loved reading all the course materials. Look forward to more such courses

By Manikanta G

Aug 20, 2020

I don't really have any prior knowledge about the sustainable cities before taking this course after taking course I got pretty knowledge and thank you LUND University and WWF for the content.

By Pablo L

Sep 9, 2020

It allowed me to comprehend the Urban Initiatives to transform a place into a viable city. The most innovative experiments were explained and how they were implemented in a specific location.

By Mariana D C O

Oct 23, 2018

It is important to know what are the actions that are being implement in order to create Sustainable Cities, I would like to have an actualizations of this course in recent years (2017-2018).

By ELTON R A D O

Nov 13, 2019

O curso tem um conteúdo de qualidade e excelentes cases. Certamente me trouxe inspiração para realizar transformações locais e regionais em relação à sustentabilidade. Recomendo imensamente!

By Felicia S

Apr 28, 2020

Such an insightful and interesting class! Not only does it provide theoretical and technical concepts, but it consistently provides real life examples. Excellent class and excellent team!

By Ritika D

Jul 14, 2019

Excellent course. Course material is excellent. I wish there was a way in which people who take this course could do projects together of with the university during and after the course.

By Kristina V

Sep 1, 2019

Thank you for creating this course. It's very well planned and there are some very important informations and ideas were shared during this course.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Kristina.

By Nadia M

Aug 31, 2017

Great introduction to the concept / practical aspects of sustainable cities! Easy to understand with the examples provided. I hope there will be a more advanced course for this subject.

By ANDRES C C Q

May 3, 2020

It is a good course which includes interesting cities' case studies. I suggest it explore how the Scandinavian countries are transforming its cities to adapt them to climate change.

By juliana a

Jan 5, 2020

Very useful and the tools used (videos as well the readings) were very helpful. Also, the academic is wonderful and bring up the problems in order to inspire us to get the solutions

By Noohil B

Sep 3, 2020

Extremely informative and educational, it was also eye-opening to a certain degree regarding the major steps that need to be taken for a better future for everyone on this planet.

By Ketaki A

May 17, 2021

It enabled me to learn new techniques of energy efficiency and one of the tasks to assess peers work helped me know a lot of ideas implemented by cities for energy efficiency.

By Manana R

Sep 30, 2021

I like the course materials, different type of learning resources, videos, readings, it helps a lot to understand how the innovative decisions are practice and how they work

By María F M M

Aug 30, 2017

it has been an amazing course, it could help me to undernstad how some initiatives can help to improve the pollution in my city and how i can support this kind of activities

By Katharine B

Dec 20, 2018

I found it a really interesting course and found it fascinating to hear about what different cities are doing to become more sustainable. I think the UK could learn a lot!

By Fazal R

Oct 2, 2021

It was amazing course get to know that how we can together build a smart cities with quality life. And it enhanced my abilities that how I can contribute to this project.

By Ziad A

Nov 19, 2020

I really enjoyed and learned a lot while studying. It made me see things differently and showed me how cities all over the world are working to attain sustainable cities.

By Melissa D P T

May 3, 2020

Thank you so much, it has been a great course, I'm currently an architecture student in Mexico and this is so useful to me. I'm so grateful with all the staff, stay safe!

By Alvina g

Mar 4, 2020

i think it is the greatest opportunity for all students and professionals. i have learned a lot through different ways like through assignments, videos and quizzes etc.

By pragadesh s k

Apr 30, 2019

one of my favourite course. Looking to do more courses in sustainability. Thanks for all of the organisers. Very Good Introduction course on sustainability in cities.

By Ujjawal S

Sep 15, 2018

Its a great course offering various insights relating to sustainable future, which is the need of the hour. Great presentations and talks by people of varied fields.

By Miguel R

Jun 24, 2017

A very interesting, well developed and educational MOOC that highlights major changes and interventions in cities worldwide towards Sustainability.

A big thank you!

By Matea L

Mar 4, 2016

I learned a lot of valuable lessons taking this course and would like to thank everyone who made it happen, I know it is a lot of work to put everything together.

By Ivan H

Oct 22, 2016

It's such an amazing knowledge that i got from this course. It gave you examples to make your city sustainable. It gave me the detail to make a sustainable city.