Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

126 - 150 of 629 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Noohil B

Sep 3, 2020

Extremely informative and educational, it was also eye-opening to a certain degree regarding the major steps that need to be taken for a better future for everyone on this planet.

By María F M M

Aug 30, 2017

it has been an amazing course, it could help me to undernstad how some initiatives can help to improve the pollution in my city and how i can support this kind of activities

By Katharine B

Dec 20, 2018

I found it a really interesting course and found it fascinating to hear about what different cities are doing to become more sustainable. I think the UK could learn a lot!

By Ziad A

Nov 19, 2020

I really enjoyed and learned a lot while studying. It made me see things differently and showed me how cities all over the world are working to attain sustainable cities.

By Melissa D P T

May 2, 2020

Thank you so much, it has been a great course, I'm currently an architecture student in Mexico and this is so useful to me. I'm so grateful with all the staff, stay safe!

By Alvina g

Mar 4, 2020

i think it is the greatest opportunity for all students and professionals. i have learned a lot through different ways like through assignments, videos and quizzes etc.

By Pragadesh S K

Apr 30, 2019

one of my favourite course. Looking to do more courses in sustainability. Thanks for all of the organisers. Very Good Introduction course on sustainability in cities.

By Ujjawal S

Sep 15, 2018

Its a great course offering various insights relating to sustainable future, which is the need of the hour. Great presentations and talks by people of varied fields.

By Miguel R

Jun 24, 2017

A very interesting, well developed and educational MOOC that highlights major changes and interventions in cities worldwide towards Sustainability.

A big thank you!

By Matea L

Mar 4, 2016

I learned a lot of valuable lessons taking this course and would like to thank everyone who made it happen, I know it is a lot of work to put everything together.

By Ivan H

Oct 22, 2016

It's such an amazing knowledge that i got from this course. It gave you examples to make your city sustainable. It gave me the detail to make a sustainable city.

By Cristian P T

Dec 6, 2016

It is not an advanced course. However, you will grasp key concepts of Sustainable Development applied to Cities with encouraging examples. Totally recommended!

By Fernando R L

May 9, 2020

Sustainable cities are the present and the future to help to reduce the carbon footprint and we all need to be part of that. Really nice and interesting course

By Sophie

Dec 16, 2019

Great course, with interesting content and engaging peer review assignments that shows the diversity of actions taking place in sustainable city development.

By febriani r

Dec 11, 2017

The course can ignite our sense of how we can implement sustainability to our life esp. in a large scale like urban. A short course but a thorough overview.

By Juliette C

Nov 30, 2017

Fascinating course ! This course provide you a great range of specific vocabulary, figures and actions that are already taken around the world. Thanks a lot!

By REETA K

Jun 18, 2019

Beautifully designed course to give an insight into new urban infrastructure planning to help in the decarbonization of cities to achieve the climate goal

By Franc G

Sep 6, 2020

Interesante curso y muy compacto, se muestran los avances y posibilidades de la sociedad y las ciudades, de aportar a la lucha contra el cambio climático.

By Pablo Z A

May 20, 2018

This course is a really good introduction to the topic and a good way to make conscience about the importance to do something today about the environment.

By Mladen R

Dec 15, 2018

This course contains relevant information for those that are new but also familiar with the subject. I would recommend it to wide spectre of professions.

By Kevin L

Aug 23, 2020

It's fun course. It gives me new insight and knowledge about urban planning. Thank Proffesors for spending your time to make this course. Great job all.

By Daniel V D

Mar 26, 2018

Fue una gran experiencia conocer los avances en materia de sostenibilidad de otras ciudades del mundo y motiva replicar muchas iniciativas a nivel local

By Wee M L

Sep 5, 2020

A very inspirational course that gave ideas to contribute more meaningful ideas that might help drive the sustainability in urban planning in Malaysia.

By Annie F K

Mar 25, 2018

Inspiring course which offers great knowledge on the many ways sustainable development is applied - and can be applied - to city management and design.

By SIMON Y M

May 26, 2016

Thank you for this program.

The course was very interesting as it offered me the opportunity to learn new things.

My horizon has increased tremendously.