Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV

Sep 29, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB

Mar 15, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

126 - 150 of 527 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Merleides d R O M

Jun 08, 2020

Las lecturas son muy interesantes, además, te muestran lo que las demás ciudades estan haciendo para trabajar en la sostenibilidad. Muy interesante

By Narendra N

Nov 22, 2019

Excellent course, very well structured and easily explained, an essential for all of those are involved in making the cities green and sustainable.

By Rogelio A P E

Sep 10, 2019

I liked a lot. Congratulations to all team members of Lund University. The quality of the videos was great and the lectures were very interesting.

By Atul T

Mar 30, 2020

I recommend it. Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities will be a good choice for energy engineers for understanding sustainability more deeply

By Sanchit B

I learnt that the world will be in great crisis if the steps are not taken today. I am shocked and kind of worried about the future generation

By Muhammad I S

Jul 04, 2019

this course help me to increase my knowledge, particulary in Sustainable Cities area. I Hope I can enroll others course in any specific theme.

By Perminder D

May 31, 2018

It is a very interesting course. the course material is though provoking about planning and policies required to make our cities sustainable.

By Khanya N

Sep 15, 2017

Very informative course as it made me aware how other cities worldwide especially in the Nordic countries are doing in greening their cities.

By Tinuade P

Jul 12, 2019

Very informative knowledge sharing from the lectures and great examples of cities that are on the forefront of sustainability and resiliency

By Janae M

Sep 24, 2019

Enjoyable course, illuminating material, it has given me hope as well as a personal projection of where to take my own business. Thank you!

By Arslan H

Aug 11, 2016

very impressive ..tons of things to learn in this course. this course has created a lust in me to lean more and more about my surroundings.

By YOGESH K A

Dec 04, 2017

A great experience, got to know that world has so many cities adopting a very unique style in dealing with the sustainability of the city.

By Mónica V

Feb 06, 2018

All the information was very clear, interesting and useful, the practical examples in each week were very enlightening and inspirational.

By Sakshi G

Oct 13, 2017

Highly informative course where now I am motivated to work my best towards the issues at hand in my city and work towards sustainability.

By Gourpada D

Enjoyed a lot; Thanks everyone who were involved in course design,development and presentation. Learning is always fun...happy learning!

By Manish c v

Jul 03, 2020

vey well explained and communicated but please updates the information. some of the information provided is pertaining to 2015 and 2016

By Kylie P

Jan 30, 2018

This class is fantastic! I've learned an incredible amount and I feel that the information is relevant and up to date. Very happy with

By Paola

May 02, 2016

This course is a great oportunity for learning key concepts about our role in real transformation of cities for sustainability. :) <3

By Dr A A

Dec 03, 2016

Excellent to improve my understanding about city and its infrastructure ! Really recommending to all who has interest on this topic.

By Saquib A

Apr 08, 2020

This is an amazing course. It provide a real time issues with their solutions. A very useful for Civil Engineers and Architects.

By Joanna E K

Aug 07, 2019

I really enjoyed the course. It presented a lot of interesting examples and ideas. It definitely opened my eyes on new thinking.

By Harry C

Dec 11, 2016

Great course that really engages the learner. I feel this course will benefit anyone, city dwellers and environmentalists alike.

By Virgina R

Sep 22, 2019

This was a great basic course, with lots of ideas and positive examples of how cities are trying to address the climate crisis.

By Arina S

Dec 12, 2016

It's my firt online course and I can say it's perfect and useful! I realised what I can do for my little town! Thank you a lot!

By Kushal D

This course helped me understand the importance of sustainability and gave me a wider importance of sustained world around us.