Back to Guitar for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Guitar for Beginners by Berklee College of Music

Grasp the essentials needed to begin playing acoustic or electric guitar. You'll learn an easy approach to get you playing quickly, through a combination of exploring the instrument, performance technique, and basic music theory. For students who have long thought about picking up the acoustic or electric guitar, this course will provide an easy-access foundation that will get you playing. When first learning guitar, it is important to have the material presented in stages, in an enjoyable way that allows you to grasp the basics of the instrument and music. The course begins simply with the parts of the guitar, the names of the strings, tuning, and technique—whether finger-style or pick. It then explores the basics of music theory with such topics as scales, triads, power chords, and fingering and shapes. At the end of this course, students will understand the structure, parts, and accessories of the instrument, in addition to an understanding of its basic maintenance. Electric guitar players will learn the operation of their instrument along with basic options for amplification, effect pedals, and sounds. Students will also learn to develop correct technique and apply theory concepts to their playing. They will have the foundational knowledge necessary to pursue most intermediate guitar courses....

SM
Sep 11, 2020

If you want to learn guitar no matter which guitar you want to learn acoustic or electric if you are a beginner then quickly join this course it will really help you to upgrade your skills in guitar.

MH
Apr 4, 2020

This course was a brilliant experience. My special thanks to Thadeus Hoggart for his patient and well organized course. Highly recommended for all those who are planning to start playing the Guitar.

151 - 175 of 574 Reviews for Guitar for Beginners

By chukwudi

Aug 27, 2015

all my argument against learning a skill like guitar or piano from watching videos was defeated after i've viewed this course

By kritika G

Sep 1, 2020

a lovely experience I had with the terms of knowledge, learning and experimenting . thank you so much for such a platform !

By Vadim E

Feb 20, 2016

Very good course which bring you into basics of music theory as well as how does it work on the guitar. Very recommended!

By JORGE L C

Jul 23, 2020

It`s a great course, if you start in the world of guitar. You can learn how to choose a guitar and initiation exercises

By Luiz S

Oct 9, 2015

Excellent course for those who are beginning to play the guitar and initiating their experiments on the world of music!

By AnandVVN

Sep 21, 2015

I love this course, the instructor is teaching from the basics and nicely in a easy and simple to understand language

By EverydayInnovations 4

Jul 4, 2020

Best course for beginners who are new to guitar playing. Its an all in-one to get you started playing your first songs

By Ramyaa.H

Sep 30, 2015

I simply love this course...It's is so easy to understand everything you need to know about a guitar....

Thanks a lot !

By Pan P P H

Nov 22, 2015

I got a lot of knowledge from this course and I will continue learning more about guitar . And very thanks to tutor.

By Lauro K J

Aug 20, 2015

This is a complete intro guitar course! Every detail is showed... there's no excuses, and only one direction: learn!

By William F S

Dec 4, 2020

excelente me llevo a un nivel mas alto y profundo acerca de la guitarra y sus principales formas para interpretarla

By Daniel A B B

Jan 3, 2021

Excelent. I've been playing guitar for almost 10 years now and this course was a great reminder of a lot of things

By Christopher J P

Jul 2, 2018

Very good for a beginner course. Happy to be taught some basic theory. Course definitely exceeded my expectations.

By Aron H

Nov 25, 2015

Fantastic course. Learning a lot, will dive deeper into the berklee courses for sure, very high quality material.

By Fernando C F

Oct 7, 2015

I get it once, and I am doing a review now.

This college is awsome, this course too.

Maybe someday I will be there!

By Bruce N

Dec 15, 2018

I enjoyed this course. I found it to be a good introduction to guitar, or a good knowledge check on the basics.

By Hosain A

Sep 30, 2016

Thank you so much ,,, just my english not so good and google not help good ,,,

pest regards coursera and teacher

By Alexis G P

Mar 15, 2016

Es un muy buen curso ya que en el puedes encontrar tu lado musical y aprender a desarrollar tu sentido musical.

By kev d

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent so far I'm learning lots. I course delivered at good pace. plenty of practice and theory is good tio

By Kushal S

Jan 21, 2021

The course is simply amazing if you're a beginner in playing guitar, you should definitely opt for this course

By Norris M

Feb 24, 2016

I loved your guitar course. It was well thought out. I will continue to work on the exercises you've given us.

By Lulu Z

Jan 13, 2017

The videos are very informative. The only setback is the pacing. It is much too fast for a complete beginner.

By Lu H

Dec 10, 2015

Excellent. However I do not know why I can not get something like confirmation after I finished the course.

By Luis A S P

Mar 20, 2016

Excelent!! It Gives you all the necesary tools about theory and practice for the initiation on the guitar.

By Fernando F

Excellent course for starting shaping good habits and techniques in order to become a good guitar player!