Back to A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment by Indian School of Business

What are the determinants of a happy and fulfilling life? This is surely one of life’s biggest questions, and a question that has interested many of our ancestors. Buddha famously gave up his kingdom in search of happiness. Several Greek philosophers (from Aristotle to Epicurus and Plato to Socrates) had their own views on what it takes to be happy. And of course, we all have our own theories about happiness too. How valid are our theories? Until recently, if you wished for an answer to this question, you would've been forced to base it on discussions with spiritual leaders. Or, if you were lucky, you could've based it on late-night (and perhaps intoxicant-fueled) conversations with friends and family. Happily, all that has changed now. Over the past decade-and-a-half, scientists have gotten into the act big time. We now have a pretty good idea of what it takes to lead a happy and fulfilling life. This course, based on the award-winning class offered both at the Indian School of Business and at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin, developed by Prof. Raj Raghunathan (aka "Dr. Happy-smarts") draws content from a variety of fields, including psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral decision theory to offer a tested and practical recipe for leading a life of happiness and fulfillment. Although not mandatory, reading Prof. Raj's forthcoming book, titled If you're so smart, why aren't you happy? can help you review and assimilate the material covered in this book at your leisure. For Coursera learners alone, the hardcover version of the book is available for a deep discount of 50%, plus shipping and handling. You can order the hardcover for 50% off by writing to Aaron at: Aaron@800ceoread.com. Please mention that you are a student of the "coursera happiness course" in your email. The course will feature guest appearances by several well-known thought leaders, including: - Dan Ariely (author of Predictably Irrational and, soon to be released, Irrationally Yours), - Ed Diener (“Dr. Happiness”), - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (author of Flow), By taking this course, you will discover the answers to questions such as: - Why aren’t the smart-and-the-successful as happy as they could—or should—be - What are the “7 Deadly Happiness Sins” that even the smart and the successful commit?, and - What are the “7 Habits of the Highly Happy” and how can you implement them in your life? By the end of the course, I expect students who have been diligent with the lectures and exercises to not just gain a deeper understanding of the science of happiness, but to also be significantly happier....

JP
Jul 23, 2020

I like this course a lot. I got some clarity on things I already know. The teacher Raj is the best part of this course. I love his approach and how he interacts with students. I recommend this course!

CR
Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course, Professor Raj is great. I found it very helpful to see what types of personality traits I have that may contribute to my happiness level and possible approaches to dealing with them.

476 - 500 of 1,913 Reviews for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

By Abhay K V

Oct 5, 2020

It was an interesting and absorbing course. Each of the six weeks there was something new to learn and practice. Thoroughly enjoyed the learning experience.

By Gabriel H

Thank you for gathering such a dense and valuable material to reach ALOHA :oD .

seems everyone can attain happiness after this course.

Now, I know happiness.

By Karen M H

Aug 7, 2017

I loved spending the time learning about happiness. I have used some of the information to make choices that have made me happier in my life. Thank you Raj!

By Алена Т

Sep 16, 2017

It was a really interesting experience, some kind of adventure for me. And, how promised, my happiness level really did grow! Highly recommend to everyone!

By Francisca G V

Oct 28, 2020

Amazing course, a really good professor with a lot of references that makes one understand in a different perspective a lot of things regarding happiness.

By Angela F

Sep 11, 2020

I thought the course was really laid out for you to not only enjoy the lectures, but the quizzes also played a role in your learning of this called ALOHA!

By Arun K S

A LIFE OF HAPPINESS AND FULFILLMENT IS A WONDERFUL COURSE AND I IMPLEMENTED IN ME TO CHANGE MY LIFESTYLE. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO DO THIS COURSE.

By William S

Jan 5, 2018

Simply amazing. Engaging videos, thoughtful research, well-designed exercises and assignments--and I feel happier for having taken the course. Thank you!

By Yolanda R

Jul 25, 2020

Me gustó mucho este curso puesto que adquirí un conocimiento acerca de la felicidad y de la conciencia plena que me parece muy interesante e importante.

By IK R

Oct 11, 2019

I find this course very interesting, clear, developing and i structive with many usefull tulls and optional materials, lectures. I highly reccomend IT.

By Carlos V L

Nov 7, 2016

Es un curso muy interesante, que permite ver la vida de manera mucho mas armoniosa, entender cosas complejas que no se ven a simple vista. recomendable.

By Lia S

Feb 1, 2016

i HAVEN'T MADE IT PAST mODULE 1 DUE TO VARIOUS SETBACKS BUT I FEEL MUCH HAPPPIER THAN STARTED.I look forward to starting again on the 15th of February!

By W. D M

Dec 9, 2015

This course was the one of the best I've taken on Coursera. The videos are well done, easy to understand and motivational. Highly recommend this course.

By Harish T

Jan 31, 2017

Its a very good course. This happiness course has provided me the knowledge to make conscious choices which can improve my happiness levels. Thank you.

By Emmanuel L

Jan 3, 2016

Fantastic insights, coming from many well established research areas.

Taught in a very enthusiastic way by prof. Raj, a pleasure to be participating !

By سجدة ع

Nov 3, 2015

Its the best course which I have ever joined. It really helped me change my life possitive way.

I highly recommend to everyone.

Join as soon as possible

By Laura C

Jan 18, 2016

A really excellent course, where I have learnt huge amounts. I'm going to really miss Raj too, he had a very natural way of presenting to the camera.

By Donald J

Dec 27, 2015

This is a terrific course! I am recommending it to everyone that I know. If you're interested enough to think about it then you must take this class.

By Christine W

Nov 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, the video presentations were excellent and I really liked completing the tasks. I would highly recommend this course.

By Michel H L

Feb 7, 2016

Si lo tomas con la mente abierta puede ser de gran ayuda. Los ejercicios son fabulosos. Está excelentemente bien diseñado. Ampliamente recomendable.

By Đi H Q

Dec 6, 2015

I really enjoy this course, it helped me so much on the journey to A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment not only of myself but also who around me! :D

By Sabir B A

Aug 20, 2015

An Excelent and insightful course that everybody should consider taking no matter what profession thry held; Everybody wants and deserves happiness.

By Diana S

Apr 29, 2020

This was a great course. The prof was excellent, very engaging, knowledgeable and fun. I learnt so much. I would recommend this course to everyone.

By Sanaa O

Oct 31, 2017

A very powerful course, great and accurate content and creative material used, It was very useful for me.

Many thanks to Pr. Raj and the whole team.

By Marcin P

Feb 12, 2016

Best coaching lessons I ever learned with scientific explanations which makes it unique and trustworthy. It is definitely life changing experience.