Back to A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment by Indian School of Business

What are the determinants of a happy and fulfilling life? This is surely one of life’s biggest questions, and a question that has interested many of our ancestors. Buddha famously gave up his kingdom in search of happiness. Several Greek philosophers (from Aristotle to Epicurus and Plato to Socrates) had their own views on what it takes to be happy. And of course, we all have our own theories about happiness too. How valid are our theories? Until recently, if you wished for an answer to this question, you would've been forced to base it on discussions with spiritual leaders. Or, if you were lucky, you could've based it on late-night (and perhaps intoxicant-fueled) conversations with friends and family. Happily, all that has changed now. Over the past decade-and-a-half, scientists have gotten into the act big time. We now have a pretty good idea of what it takes to lead a happy and fulfilling life. This course, based on the award-winning class offered both at the Indian School of Business and at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin, developed by Prof. Raj Raghunathan (aka "Dr. Happy-smarts") draws content from a variety of fields, including psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral decision theory to offer a tested and practical recipe for leading a life of happiness and fulfillment. Although not mandatory, reading Prof. Raj's forthcoming book, titled If you're so smart, why aren't you happy? can help you review and assimilate the material covered in this book at your leisure. For Coursera learners alone, the hardcover version of the book is available for a deep discount of 50%, plus shipping and handling. You can order the hardcover for 50% off by writing to Aaron at: Aaron@800ceoread.com. Please mention that you are a student of the "coursera happiness course" in your email. The course will feature guest appearances by several well-known thought leaders, including: - Dan Ariely (author of Predictably Irrational and, soon to be released, Irrationally Yours), - Ed Diener (“Dr. Happiness”), - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (author of Flow), By taking this course, you will discover the answers to questions such as: - Why aren’t the smart-and-the-successful as happy as they could—or should—be - What are the “7 Deadly Happiness Sins” that even the smart and the successful commit?, and - What are the “7 Habits of the Highly Happy” and how can you implement them in your life? By the end of the course, I expect students who have been diligent with the lectures and exercises to not just gain a deeper understanding of the science of happiness, but to also be significantly happier....

JP
Jul 23, 2020

I like this course a lot. I got some clarity on things I already know. The teacher Raj is the best part of this course. I love his approach and how he interacts with students. I recommend this course!

CR
Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course, Professor Raj is great. I found it very helpful to see what types of personality traits I have that may contribute to my happiness level and possible approaches to dealing with them.

201 - 225 of 1,923 Reviews for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

By María F

Oct 15, 2021

Un curso súper completo, interesante y ameno. De los mejores que he encontrado en coursera en cuanto a estructura, nivel y contenido.

Aporta a nivel personal y profesional, sin lugar a dudas. Aplicable, además, a todo tipo de profesiones.

Muchas gracias a todo el equipo de A life of happiness and fulfillment por el gran trabajo realizado.

Muy recomendable :-)

By GAY-LANCERMIN

Aug 12, 2015

I'm waiting for stage four! My real problem! The big hole in the baloon. So far I'm much happier with the two lessons i've got. This experience reminds me students faking jailers and prisonners and end up with the same results. Except, those jailers and prisonners are in the same embodyment. How to get rid of it... Thx for your work. Really nice;););););)^_^

By Sarah A

Jan 9, 2018

This course changed my life! Not only that I learnt so much about happiness, but also about myself. I can recommend this course to everyone - it would be great if this becomes a life-learning session in school, maybe also in kindergarten - with a little-ones adapted version ;-). Thank you for the possibility to take this course! It was a pleasure! Namaste!

By Minnie A A A L

Dec 20, 2020

The manner in which is subject is presented is very impressive since Prof. Raj and team took the effort to prepare the classes to the extent of having animated clips on the subject title, among others. Prof. Raj is amazing in how he was able to synthesize the course in an easy, light, and absorbable manner complete with visuals and a truly happy demeanor.

By Nitesh K

Jan 9, 2016

I loved this course. Prof. Raj is amazing. The way he communicates is very clear and friendly. It doesn't sound like preaching. All the mentors are very friendly and responsive. After the end of course, you will be more aware of the happiness quotient of your own life as well as other. I recommend this course to everyone. Keep smiling :) - Nitesh Manav

By Desirae N

Oct 21, 2015

I love this course, the teacher makes it fun and very understanding and useful. This course in just week one has already opened my eyes a lot to what it means to achieving happiness no matter what situation is faced. I am super excited to see what else I will be learning within the weeks to come!!!

I recommend this course 100 percent a MUST take course!

By RAJAMOORI S S

Jun 13, 2020

Thankyou for this wonderful opportunity ..special thanks to Coursera,ISB, Raj Ragunathan Sir for providing us this lovely and useful course.

The lessons we have learnt are going to have a huge impact on our lives and on the way we think and on the way we accept everything.

It is really going to help us a lot to believe what we think is perfectly right.

By Evita D

Dec 4, 2017

Very useful course with great content, relevant excercises, and most importantly energetic professor. I strongly recommend to anyone who starts doubting if they have what it takes to be happy. The three happiness scores (before, mid-way and after the course) proved the improved level of happiness from taking this course - at least for me personally :)

By john l

Aug 10, 2017

I love this course as it provided both intuitive and scientific underpinning of the basis of the many skills for a life long practice to have a life of happiness and fulfillment. Masterfulness to be in the proverbial zone, Belongingness to be with the loving and/or positive company, and autonomy to be free from often self inflicted negative emotions.

By Monica V M d G L

Mar 1, 2017

ALOHAF. I would absolutely recommend this course to every single person in the world. Can you imagine the impact on our society if more and more people developed awareness for a Happy and Fullfilling Life? I am glad I attended this course and thank Prof. Raj and his team for the brilliant exposure of the contents and for the enlightment it brought.

By Charles C Y

Oct 18, 2015

A very interesting course that helps you get a grasp on what happiness is, define it, and work to improve your own happiness level. I really enjoy the logical approach to happiness, and defining what it means to you and how you experience happiness really does help make positive decisions that improve your well-being. The instructor is excellent.

By Eva

May 2, 2020

This course is a joy! I cannot recommend it highly enough. An excellent course by Prof Raj Raghunathan. It was very enriching both personally and professionally. Enjoyed Prof. Raj webinar about " Sustaining Happiness in Times of Stress: Lessons from the Coronavirus Outbreak ". It certainly helped me a lot. Thank you Prof. Raj, ISB and Coursera

By Laura L R T

Aug 18, 2017

Maravilloso este curso, ha cambiado mi perspectiva de la vida, de mi vida. Ha mejorado mi confianza personal y mis decisiones ahora son más pensadas para vivir con bienestar y plenitud. Agradezco de todo corazón esta propuesta para vivir con felicidad y plenitud. Es valioso darnos cuenta de todo el potencial que tenemos para lograr ser felices.

By Parag S B

Sep 5, 2015

Must for all. Make you think what is happiness for you. Make you analyze your habits and check the direction of your efforts for happiness. I like the structure of the program. 7 Sins and 7 Habits for it. Also references to books, research papers, videos, scientists convinced the audience the techniques to become happy are scientifically proven.

By Phung N T Q

Apr 15, 2020

Very helpful course, very cute teacher. The content is rich, diverse and so interesting. I feel so much happier through every lesson. Week 6 is amazing, everyone, please check it out. Sincere thanks to the teacher and his team. At the end of the course I was very sad when I did not listen to the teacher. I will enjoy the course again next time.

By Ewa S

Mar 5, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and have learnt so much. All the knowledge provided is based on scientific facts and the Professor Raj is fantastic, so full of positive energy and so eager to share his knowledge with us. I hope I will continue to apply the strategies and knowledge acquired during the course to live a happier and more mindful life.

By Justin D

Dec 3, 2015

Dr. Raj has been extremely down to earth but yet professional and all the speakers (guests) and Ms. Xavier have shared the same qualities. I'm beyond satisfied with the course and am feeling great that I've chosen to partake in this and practice obtaining more "Fulfillment and Happiness". Thank You So Much to all who make this possible.

-Justin

By Maria B V

Oct 7, 2016

This is exemplary course to take. It has changed my daily habits a hundred fold. The instructor and speakers were a delight and enhanced my meditation practice, mindfulness, and continued gratitude habits. It has been a pleasure taking this course and I even purchased the book. I look forward to continuing the mindfulness practice. Namaste.

By Purvi B

Sep 29, 2015

Awesome! I am in the 6th week of this course but would like it to go on & on.... How subtly & effectively Prof. Raghunathan shows us what we do and how effectively & scientifically we can make changes in our life, approach to lead much better life - to be really happy & fulfilled. Only saying, Great work! would be too little.Thanks so much!

By V S R

Jun 14, 2020

This course is really good as it gives clarity on many simple things that we can easily follow to lead a happy life. Clear explanations, videos, testing methods are a plus and we can totally unwind and feel our happiness levels increase as we do the course. A big thumbs up to Prof. Rajagopal for handling this topic in an interesting way.

By Lisa A

Nov 13, 2020

I really liked this course and it really helped me achieve more happiness in my life. The instructor is likable and smart. The only thing I didn't like was the use of old animal experiments in some of the videos. I don't like seeing things like that and I don't think it was necessary for the course. It's time to end animal research.

By EMMANUEL S H

Jun 11, 2016

I am still a student under this course but i am all starting to get happy and happy about myself and my life day by day, this course is the best and i recommend it to everyone who want to lead a happy and lovely life , we all have problems in our life ,buts its always good to be happy from small things that gives us happiness everyday.

By Nguyen T T

Sep 20, 2020

This course was change my life. Before i join this course, i am not really happy, i alway disapointed with anything i can't control, but now i think it's so ok. Thank you very much Dr.Rajagopal Raghunathan for knowledge about happy you teach, it's so wonderful. I'm highly recommend you should join this course for your happy and joyful.

By Jeff S

Oct 23, 2015

A beautiful combining of statistical data from psychological studies, simple examples to try in our own lives and a hammering home of the idea that "Happiness" is a concrete and desirable state of mind that people may want to prioritze and work at to achieve that elusive something that life hasn't "accidentally" had them stumble into.

By Daniele M

Aug 28, 2017

Simply brilliant, an eye-opener on many levels, which will surely leave you with quite some takeaways that you will carry forward with you.

The professor has a perfect balance between a humorous, almost silly style, which he can amazingly pull off, and the scientific rigour that is required to be credible.

Clearly thumbs up for ALOHAF!