Back to A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment by Indian School of Business

What are the determinants of a happy and fulfilling life? This is surely one of life’s biggest questions, and a question that has interested many of our ancestors. Buddha famously gave up his kingdom in search of happiness. Several Greek philosophers (from Aristotle to Epicurus and Plato to Socrates) had their own views on what it takes to be happy. And of course, we all have our own theories about happiness too. How valid are our theories? Until recently, if you wished for an answer to this question, you would've been forced to base it on discussions with spiritual leaders. Or, if you were lucky, you could've based it on late-night (and perhaps intoxicant-fueled) conversations with friends and family. Happily, all that has changed now. Over the past decade-and-a-half, scientists have gotten into the act big time. We now have a pretty good idea of what it takes to lead a happy and fulfilling life. This course, based on the award-winning class offered both at the Indian School of Business and at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin, developed by Prof. Raj Raghunathan (aka "Dr. Happy-smarts") draws content from a variety of fields, including psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral decision theory to offer a tested and practical recipe for leading a life of happiness and fulfillment. Although not mandatory, reading Prof. Raj's forthcoming book, titled If you're so smart, why aren't you happy? can help you review and assimilate the material covered in this book at your leisure. For Coursera learners alone, the hardcover version of the book is available for a deep discount of 50%, plus shipping and handling. You can order the hardcover for 50% off by writing to Aaron at: Aaron@800ceoread.com. Please mention that you are a student of the "coursera happiness course" in your email. The course will feature guest appearances by several well-known thought leaders, including: - Dan Ariely (author of Predictably Irrational and, soon to be released, Irrationally Yours), - Ed Diener (“Dr. Happiness”), - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (author of Flow), By taking this course, you will discover the answers to questions such as: - Why aren’t the smart-and-the-successful as happy as they could—or should—be - What are the “7 Deadly Happiness Sins” that even the smart and the successful commit?, and - What are the “7 Habits of the Highly Happy” and how can you implement them in your life? By the end of the course, I expect students who have been diligent with the lectures and exercises to not just gain a deeper understanding of the science of happiness, but to also be significantly happier....

JP
Jul 23, 2020

I like this course a lot. I got some clarity on things I already know. The teacher Raj is the best part of this course. I love his approach and how he interacts with students. I recommend this course!

CR
Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course, Professor Raj is great. I found it very helpful to see what types of personality traits I have that may contribute to my happiness level and possible approaches to dealing with them.

351 - 375 of 1,913 Reviews for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

By Aleksandra W

Oct 14, 2015

It's an open-minding experience! A lot of studies, researches, examples - a lot of fun too! I recommend it everyone - unhappy and happy and everyone in between as I was happy before the course but now I know WHY. ;p

By Atush B

Jan 12, 2016

One of the best courses I have undertaken till now.

Prof. Raj is very charismatic and the exercises/assignments involve a lot of fun, innovation and creativity and helps to spread happiness in our and other's lives.

By Amin M a K a A M G

Dec 16, 2020

The professor Dr.Ragunathan was instrumental in me learning so much. I really liked his introductory jokes. Of course he covered the topic superbly and I wouldn’t hesitate recommending anyone to take this course.

By rachel d

Aug 22, 2015

Life changing.... Excellent, well thought out, and entertaining. But most of all, this course backs up some intuitive "opinions" with research that makes it a much more persuasive and powerful message.

Thank you!!!

By Percy N

Mar 27, 2020

It’s a very great and joyful learning opportunity. professor Raj full of passion and a lot of interaction with students. A lot of studies and reference for continue reading.

great to have this learning journey !

By Camila G

Oct 1, 2015

Such an entertaining and happy course!!! i am on week 2 but i feel so much better now and i totally like the course and the profesor is awesome... he makes us feel happy because of his happiness!! keep it up! :)

By Ian T

Sep 23, 2015

This has been my favorite Coursera course thus far! Not only is the material interesting, but the presentation is also great. Love the topic! I would definitely agree that this course has changed me as a person.

By Sandra M T G L

Nov 25, 2019

It was very enriching both personally and professionally. The final work requires some of our time, could be rethinking and contain fewer open questions and some closed questions. Thanks. I enjoyed and learned.

By Eliza B

Apr 25, 2018

This course changed my life.

I know the phrase is used more often than it should and it does not have much meaning now but really, for me it was something that literally changed the way I live and view my way.

By Kathryn

Mar 9, 2016

This course was EXCELLENT! Great information and it was presented in a fun, engaging way.

I wish the last week's information and assignments were chunked into two weeks as it was a lot to get done in one week.

By PRASAD B K

Aug 17, 2020

Excellent Course. Well Designed and nicely executed. Enjoyed it very much. I will recommend it to my colleagues and students. Appreciation to the entire team and Prof.Raj for enlightening me about happiness.

By Raúl M G

Jun 17, 2017

Es un curso no solo para tomarlo una vez, vale mucho la pena repasarlo nuevamente, pues se sigue aprendiendo en cada ocasión, nos hace enfocarnos en lo verdaderamente importante y nos enfoca a ser felices!!!

By Angela M

Nov 20, 2020

Aterriza en forma practica el ideal de felicidad un tanto distorsionada que es tan generalizado y nos ayuda a reconocernos responsables de nuestra felicidad desde el agradecimiento y la confianza en el otro

By Cindy H

Jul 3, 2016

It's a very interesting course. It provides a lot of insights into ways to lead a life of happiness and fulfillment. I truly enjoy this course, thank you for all the efforts in making this wonderful course!

By David B

Nov 29, 2015

Personally I found this course really well made and quite helpful.

Although not everything was new to me a bigger picture was presented and I found motivation to employ some of the really helpful techniques.

By Sampriti p

Aug 24, 2021

I really like this course. I have learned a lot from this course. Professor Raj is the best part of this course. I love his approach and how he interacts with students. Personally, I recommend this course!

By Luz A R M

Dec 15, 2020

It was a very good course. Its material, videos, recommended books. Prof Raj is so good giving his best to make the concepts clear. Every week leaves excellent tools for personal life. I really enjoyed it.

By JASON C

There are lots you can learn other than happiness and fulfillment aspects of life in this course. The benefits exceeded what you expect and hope many will join and make this world a better place to live!

By Manisha B

Mar 31, 2019

It is an amazing course. I am just wondering why didn't I pursue it earlier. I want to apply the learning from this course to my everyday life. I also want to teach what I have learnt from this course.

By Nguyen t M T

Nov 16, 2017

Cảm ơn vì khóa học tuyệt vời này. Nó giúp tôi sống tốt hơn, và luôn cảm thấy hạnh phúc và hạnh phúc. Tôi sẽ nói với nhiều người rằng khóa học này rất đáng để học và có giá trị cho cuộc sống của chúng tôi

By Leon C

Aug 22, 2015

Very good and helpful course. I really appreciate the chance to learn a lot from this interesting course too. So, thanks to everyone that's involved in this course. It's really 1 of the best course ever!

By Riya M L

Jan 6, 2021

Thank you so much the coursera team and Ragunath sir for making such a beautiful course and helping us becoming happy in each and every moment of your life,. I am so happy to have completed this course.

By Adriana C C

Dec 28, 2016

Deseo tomarlo más de una vez para afianzar todo el conocimiento obtenido, gracias por compartir este tipo de conocimiento que no sólo ayuda para el desarrollo personal sino además, a la sociedad misma.

By Prof. P

Aug 4, 2020

The course has been challenging , yet fulfilling. Conducted in a scientific way, the course has changed the way I look at Happiness !

Thanks a lot Dr. Raj and team for making the course so engrossing!

By Jasmin P