Back to Hardware Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Hardware Security by University of Maryland, College Park

4.3

In this course, we will study security and trust from the hardware perspective. Upon completing the course, students will understand the vulnerabilities in current digital system design flow and the physical attacks to these systems. They will learn that security starts from hardware design and be familiar with the tools and skills to build secure and trusted hardware....

FK
Aug 2, 2019

Great course, very helpful. The content is well organised and you need to have all the require knowledge, otherwise you won't get it.

XZ
Mar 30, 2020

Excellent course. I like it, and it is very straightforward and easy to understand. I hope to see more courses from this professor.

51 - 75 of 110 Reviews for Hardware Security

May 14, 2019

NA

By Will B

Sep 21, 2017

The presentation style is dry but straightforward. Material is excellent, and the lecturer can speak authoritatively about it. In Weeks 4 and 5, Montgomery reductions are presented without much mathematical background, which means you'll need to go figure out Euclidean division, Bezout's identity, etc. on your own. Not recommended for people without a background in CS, electrical engineering, or math.

By Stanislav B

Oct 11, 2020

The course added a lot and structured better my knowledge of hardware security.

There are some disadvantages - e.g. low level volume on some videos, no downloadable slides, some mathematical proofs do not add much to the subject, etc., but they are not critical.

While the course is relatively old, it still covers pretty well the current state of hardware vulnerabilities.

By Timothy B

Mar 29, 2021

I found the course pace difficult to keep up with. I struggled with my laptop to hear the lectures. I sometime felt as though I were drinking from a firehose and other times felt that the course was far to broad. It would have been good to delve into greater detail with some areas. I am extremely glad that I took this course and I learned a great deal.

By Muhammad F

Jul 14, 2019

An excellent course to learn about Hardware security architecture. Instructor elaborates well what are threats to hardware security i-e hardware trojan, passive attacks and side channel attacks.He describes well to preserve and secure hardware intellectual property(IP) by using different techniques.

By Pavan R

Apr 20, 2017

Course contents was good , assignments were challenging . One suggestion is to provide pdf for each classroom session or may be a weekly pdf would be great , It so happened that attending each quiz without pdf it was hard to search from video/transcript back and forth

By Ajedra K

Aug 15, 2020

It is really a helpful course which has helped to refresh my college knowledge and added a lot more new things to my understanding and i believe I am competent in this area of hardware securing how to protect against it and look for loop holes in my system

By Zilu T

Oct 19, 2016

It is a great intro course with very rich information about hardware security. But just as some other students have mentioned, the difficulty level of each assignment is not well balanced, and Week 6 videos are out of order.

By Syed R H

Mar 30, 2021

Very good course but math portion should have more clear explanation. Some easy part is over explained where some hard part is less explained. Overall it's a good course.

By Michael R

May 22, 2017

This is not a class for a non-computer scientist or a non-electrical engineer. It's frustrating to learn the material this way, but the information is valuable.

By KONSTANTINOS A

Nov 6, 2020

A great course for someone wants to begin thinking/design more secure hardware. I would like although more practical examples or maybe some exercises.

By Alexandru J

Sep 11, 2017

Nice, instructive course.

However, from time to time I felt I would need to have access to the copies of the slides, not currently available.

By Victor J

Feb 4, 2017

Complete course in order to have a clear overview of HW security. I would recommend it to all HW engineers or System Engineers as well.

By nicolas d o r

Mar 13, 2021

un curso bueno pero seria interesante que tuviera mas practicas y uso de herramientas y creaciones de laboratorios

By Muhammad D

Apr 5, 2021

Pretty good course, I enjoyed taking it. Suggest recommending texts for the course other than papers listed.

By Alberto

Aug 21, 2016

Excelente curso, para alguien que estudia electrónica le ayudará a ver un enfoque en seguridad.

By adriano u

Mar 29, 2019

Some the information around PUFs seemed a bit arbitrary,

All in all a good introductory course.

By Utkarsh T

Oct 20, 2020

You should update the course yearly. Charging money for old course is not good.

By Antonio P G

Feb 16, 2020

Great but I would prefer more examples from less difficult to more difficult.

By Salahuddin E

May 4, 2018

A very nice course to give you a push into hardware security!