Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB

May 11, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

401 - 425 of 447 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Ekaterina F

Jul 20, 2017

I do not feel like genderfluid (or transgender) people are making up problems just to annoy me. Not anymore.

Mercifully I have never met them in person before so I have not disgraced myself by making some rude comment or stupid remark. And now I am prepared! Thank you!

By Atakan S

Jun 01, 2017

It was helfull about what feelings transgender people during especcially childhood. Course was basic and I guess it can be more detailed. Good for person who need basic idea and wonder how to approach to their child.

By Deborah L W

May 16, 2017

Health Across the Gender Spectrum is a good introductory course for anyone who is interesting in learning more about transgender individuals and what challenges that they face growing up.

By Gabrielle G

Apr 20, 2020

This course covers only very basic information regarding the gender spectrum, but it is vital information for everyone to learn in order to create a more inclusive and supportive society.

By David S Y C

Oct 05, 2017

So good course for understand and know more about a specific type of ´´community´´who are the transgenders.

Thanks to the Stanford´s University for giving this new opportunity of knowledge

By Grace C

Jul 06, 2017

Great course for learning more about transgender issues and healthcare, but I was disappointed that intersex people were not mentioned considering the title of the course.

By Maria

Jun 07, 2020

There's a really paternalist view over the children and, as I don't have children, I can find some ideas too binary.

Anyway, it's a great course! I've enjoyed it a lot.

By Irema M J

May 06, 2020

I'm very satisfied with this course because I have learned a lot about the Gender Spectrum. I believe that all the teachers should take some course like this.

By Lisa P

Sep 13, 2017

I wish that this course had addressed the medical research findings related to transgender health and illness issues of hormone therapy in childhood.

By Ignacio J T M

Feb 05, 2018

Fácil comprensión, con una introducción básica a los conceptos y excelentes experiencias de personas. Falta la profundización de los temas.

By Jack E

Nov 26, 2019

Not very in depth. It's no complex sociology class, but all in all it's a thought provoking, sensitivity building course that I enjoyed.

By Sheila R

Nov 17, 2019

I felt I was able to learn more from this course since it offered first hand thoughts and feelings from transgender people.

By Denise I

Apr 30, 2017

Well presented and easy to understand. It would be good to see more information relevant to high school aged children.

By ALEXA F G

Apr 18, 2017

this course is very complete in the aspect to learn different things to orientation in our lifes

By Jasmine J

Mar 17, 2018

Really good course to take for individuals that work with youth. This course was very helpful!

By Evelyn J

The content is great and very inspiring. However, it only covers very basic information.

By Prashanthi K

Jun 10, 2020

I enjoyed the course. Assignments helped to recollect and reflect on the learning.

By Emil

The course is very actual. I think, there is some policy behind this course.

By JENY C N C

May 02, 2020

THERE IS AN OPTION ONCE THE COURSE IS OVER, YOU CAN PAY TO GET THE DIPLOMA.

By Vasundhara A

Jul 10, 2017

The course is highly informational and the stories are very touching.

By Aditya G

Apr 17, 2017

Useful primer on applying inclusive principles across spaces

By Akhil T

Aug 12, 2020

Please send my certificate of completion of this course

By Spyros T

May 19, 2017

In my opinion, the course is a good intro to the topic.

By Thiemo M

Aug 11, 2017

I never gave gender much thought, it is an eye opener

By Sebastiaan v J

Mar 29, 2017

Takes your ideals one step further.