Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB

May 11, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

176 - 200 of 449 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Penny O

Nov 21, 2018

This should be mandatory for anyone working with the general public. I felt like I was pretty well educated, but this course educated me even more!!

By Andréa C

May 22, 2017

Very informative and thought-promoting! Will definitely recommend to friends and family that have difficulty with the concept of the gender spectrum.

By Hien i

May 15, 2017

Wonderful course. Very informative. I've learned so much. The human stories, voices, drawings all valuable when learning about the Gender Spectrum.

By Gabriel H

Sep 11, 2018

A great overview of the key concepts - supported by some very informative and eye-opening individuals sharing their own experiences. Great stuff!

By Victoria G C

Apr 30, 2020

Me ha parecido estupendo e imprescindible para entender y conocer mejor herramientas para la integración de personas transgénero en la sociedad.

By Pamela M

Sep 15, 2018

This was excellent and I will be suggesting this course to all of my friends and colleagues who are interested in supporting children and youth.

By Michaela M

Jul 02, 2017

Very helpful for people who are not at all familiar with non-binary gender. However, for people with knowledge about gender spectrum, too basic.

By Alexandria T

Apr 17, 2020

I really enjoyed the resources of this course and have further understanding on gender across the spectrum. The videos were heartfelt and perso

By tracey s

Apr 21, 2017

Great class! Allowed me to see issues from another perspective as well as showing me way to make my environment more gender inclusive. THANKS!

By María J C

Jan 30, 2018

Muy bueno claro, soy psiquiatra infantil y este curso me ayudo a explicar y abordar mas claramente las preguntas de los usuarios sobre el tema

By Lorenna R

May 09, 2017

I thought I was well-informed before I began the course but I discovered that I was misinformed on some points and needed much more knowledge.

By Claudia L

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks for this course. I really learn a lot about transgender people and what can be done to help them to feel more included in the society

By Maria G S E

Jul 30, 2020

excelente información, curso de primera calidad, como puedo hacer para cancelar el curso y se me emita un certificado por haberlo aprobado

By Ivette M P

Apr 21, 2020

Excelente. Lo recomendaría para todos aquellos, que como yo, tienen poco conocimiento de este tema.

Es educativo, reflexivo, muy dinámico.

By Linda d B

Jun 02, 2017

A fantastic course to help people understand the gender-spectrum and hopefully create a more including society. Very accessible and clear.

By Sofia K

May 17, 2017

Loved it. Informative starter for people who don't know anything about the issues, and a light refresher for those who do. It's good work!

By Neuza R

Jul 13, 2020

a great short course with very touching real life stories, very inspiring and insightful (even with me having a bit of knowledge already)

By Karen K M

Oct 04, 2017

Great course for parents of transgender children/adolscents; easier to follow and to grasp the concepts and how to be better supporters.

By jay w

Aug 24, 2017

This is amazingly accurate and it really lets the kids speak for themselves. It's very gently introduced and is good for all audiences.

By Jacqueline G

Apr 23, 2020

It was a great course, I like that the videos were based on real people and that they could tell their own stories in their own words.

By Evellyn G C F

Apr 26, 2017

A really good course to learn more about transgender child's and how to make world more diverse and welcoming for transgender people.

By Lina M P T

El curso es muy educativo, informativo y posee una metodología que puede ser aplicada para enseñar sobre temas de género e identidad.

By Marianela V V

Feb 02, 2018

Excellent course. I recommend it to all people regardless of their background. It is basic knowledge in order to have a better world.

By Selin S

May 23, 2020

I started to this course just 19 hours ago and I couldn't keep my self away from learning each element in here. It is so beneficial.

By Michelle J Z

Feb 28, 2019

Loved the course. Very informative. The music on the last video, "I am a girl" was very high pitched and distracting. Thank you!