Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB
May 10, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

301 - 325 of 465 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Rebecca A M

Apr 23, 2018

really eye opening and helps to understand the gender spectrum more

By Jyothi G

Jun 3, 2020

How to treat transgenders and maintaining relationships with them.

By Veronique L

Dec 23, 2017

Very informative, based on current research, most recommendable.

By Alicia M P

Oct 2, 2017

Excelente. Me voy muy satisfecha y con el conocimiento adecuado.

By Jeanette C

Jun 9, 2017

Very inclusive and comprehensive material on the subject matter.

By Kalilah M

Apr 30, 2017

Solid, well-organized information and a great list of resources.

By John R G

May 6, 2017

A well presented, affirming introduction to transgender people.

By Cecilia R

Apr 12, 2017

This course is amazing, I will recommend it to all my friends.

By Amanda F

Oct 1, 2017

Very educational, especially for future healthcare providers!

By Noemi B

Apr 13, 2017

Simply lovely, and useful, and mind broadening <3 i loved it

By Julia H T M

Jun 23, 2020

I think everyone should take this course. This is precious!

By Raquel M T V

Jun 11, 2020

LO MEJOR QUE PUEDE APRENDER SOBRE ESTE TEMA DEL TRANSGENERO

By Jerome C

Sep 6, 2017

Outstanding. Lots of things to think about truly inspiring.

By Liubov

Apr 16, 2017

Thank you, Maya, for your inspiring and kind-hearted course

By José R F U

Es un curso excelente donde aprendes mucho sobre este tema

By Priyam C

Jul 24, 2017

Great place to start and understand the concept of gender.

By Pablo M V

Nov 5, 2018

Un curso que me abre los ojos a el espectro transgenero.

By truong m d

Sep 16, 2017

It is so helpful. I learned many things from this course

By Darwing A R H

Jun 20, 2017

It has changed me! Every one of us should do this course

By Juan M L

Apr 26, 2018

this course was great! very clear, helpful and dynamic.

By Deepak K

Sep 30, 2017

Nice course with nice illustrations. Short and precise.

By Elisabetta M

Jun 17, 2020

I course teaching things everybody shall know in 2020.

By Tintu M

Sep 18, 2017

I loved the course. Very enlightening and interesting.