Back to Interprofessional Healthcare Informatics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interprofessional Healthcare Informatics by University of Minnesota

4.4

Interprofessional Healthcare Informatics is a graduate-level, hands-on interactive exploration of real informatics tools and techniques offered by the University of Minnesota and the University of Minnesota's National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education. We will be incorporating technology-enabled educational innovations to bring the subject matter to life. Over the 10 modules, we will create a vital online learning community and a working healthcare informatics network. We will explore perspectives of clinicians like dentists, physical therapists, nurses, and physicians in all sorts of practice settings worldwide. Emerging technologies, telehealth, gaming, simulations, and eScience are just some of the topics that we will consider. Throughout the course, we’ll focus on creativity, controversy, and collaboration - as we collectively imagine and create the future within the rapidly evolving healthcare informatics milieu. All healthcare professionals and IT geeks are welcome!...

TS

Apr 07, 2017

The course was very informative to expand upon. It would have been very nice to have the presentation material made available in the form of slides or a readable PDF document...

FU

Oct 13, 2015

This course is just perfect,\n\nthe layout\n\nthe details,\n\nit is a well thoughout course, very easy to understand, extensive materials to look at

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Interprofessional Healthcare Informatics

By Cassy G

Dec 03, 2018

Great content, but many of the links our out-of-date, so they definitely need to be updated.

By Thej S

Apr 07, 2017

By norbert b

Jul 13, 2017

This was a powerful course, sincerely it has improved my teaching-Health informatics is at it is infancy here in Kenya, yet we are suppose to teach it, with your awesome explanation and examples, things get better.

By Philip T

Mar 11, 2016

I'm about half way through this course. It's a great accompaniment to the Health Informatics on FHIR (Georgia Tech). Its well presented and give a huge amount of additional reading to support the learning in each module. For me it has 'formalised' my on the job experience gained in the past few years.

By Ananda s

Oct 12, 2016

Being in the medical field Its very useful course for me to understand EHR and other Healthcare information.

By Rahool

Nov 09, 2016

It was a great learning experience to learn Informatics at such a prestigious platform. Looking forward to do more courses from Coursera community.

By Claudio D S F

Aug 14, 2015

I I really enjoyed the classes and materials Thanks Teacher Thanks Coursera for the opportunity of everyone to study

By Scott56

Aug 22, 2015

Fun, easy, great pace - about 3 videos per week. This course is instructive and understandable. It is not about gene sequencing and statistical modelling. I recommend this to all healthcare professionals.

By Deepa F P

Sep 05, 2017

The class was very high level and tailored for clinical staff interested in an overview of Healthcare Informatics. I was able to complete in 3 days and was surprised that a fee was charged upfront for a short and high level class. This class was marketed as 9 weeks long. Not being a clinical staff, this class was only minimally helpful. The quizzes at the end were painful as they expected 100% correct answers where particular words from the instructor had to be remembered. Compared to the other Coursera classes this was not good enough quality with a compulsory fee.

By Md. T I

Jan 13, 2016

Truly awesome course.

By Dante T

Sep 27, 2015

Excellent course!

By Zhijie W

Feb 20, 2017

great course, hope one day I can study healthcare informatics in U.S.

By Kwadwo O

Sep 29, 2015

Really a good starting point for anyone interested in learning or starting a new career in health informatics.

By Christelle A

Jul 02, 2017

I'm done with this. Very helpful and timely!

By Mninawe R M

Aug 18, 2015

Great course so far!!! Love it

By SinDee

Oct 06, 2015

There is a lot of new things I have not learned from classroom.

By Neha K

Feb 28, 2016

A very nice course to get end to end understanding of components involved in Healthcare practices.

By Dr. W H

Feb 18, 2018

very informative course

By Gustavo C S

Dec 28, 2017

It's a very interesting course that permits connect the begginer student to the basis of techonology.

By hojunnam

Jan 14, 2017

With this on-line education, I learned how much health information impacts consumers.

Healthcare consumers actively explore health information and make decisions about their health. And they get information via a number of resources such as friends and family, printing, electronic media, health care providers, other consumers and so on.It is very important that health information should be accessible to people and medical staff directly related to patients, and I think that the process of health information delivery should be appropriate to the degree of need of acquiring personal information of medical consumers.

In addition, I think that the problem which critical to challenge was examined as long as consumers, providers, and information scientists who develop using health information should go through.

By Maria-Teresa B

Oct 05, 2015

No podemos abstraernos de la situación actual: aunque muchos presentan reticencias al "Big Data", podemos beneficiarnos de la globalización para facilitar y mejorar la atención sanitaria de gran cantidad de personas, formando a los profesionales en el uso racional de las nuevas tecnologías y valiéndonos de estas para mejorar la calidad de la asistencia. Con el ejemplo de una escuela de Enfermería, este curso nos descubre los secretos de la tecnología adaptada a la atención sanitaria y nos abre un mundo de posibilidades para poder llegar, desde nuestros despachos, a gran parte de la población que de otro modo vería muy mermadas sus oportunidades de avanzar en sus programas y carteras de servicios.

By Dr F Z S

Jun 05, 2016

The course really helped me in understanding the basics of health informatics and definitely adds value to my CV. The faculty is very well versed and have a good knowledge of the subject. The class of data visualization really helped in evaluating how to visualize data and present it in a good form.

By vamsi

Sep 10, 2015

A very high level overview of what needs to be done in the next n number of years to improve the population health by x times.

By Ayesha N

Apr 23, 2017

excellent

By Okwukwe D I

Jul 14, 2017

Great informative and inspiring course. I am moved to find and utilize data for healthcare improvement.