Back to The Holocaust - An Introduction (I): Nazi Germany: Ideology, The Jews and the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Holocaust - An Introduction (I): Nazi Germany: Ideology, The Jews and the World by Tel Aviv University

The Holocaust was an inconceivable historical event, which forever robbed Western culture of its innocence. As civilized human beings, we fail to understand how events of such horror could have taken place, and how an idea so inhumanly warped could have spread like wildfire through an entire continent, instigating the systematic annihilation of millions of Jews. This free online course was produced jointly by Tel Aviv University and Yad Vashem – the World Holocaust Remembrance Center. The course tracks the history of the Holocaust and has two parts. "The Holocaust - An Introduction (I): Nazi Germany: Ideology, The Jews and the World" is the first of the two courses and covers the following themes in its three weeks: Week 1: From Hatred to Core Ideology We will try to delve into Nazi ideology and the special place of Jews and Judaism in it. We will also discuss how the National Socialist Party converted the German Democracy of the Weimar Republic into a totalitarian regime within a short period of time, and its meaning for Jews and non-Jewish citizens. Week 2: The World and the Jews in World War II We will try to examine the broader contexts of the Holocaust and to place it, as part of World War 2. In this meeting we will also refer to the vital Jewish world to be found under various Nazi occupations and influences. Week 3: The Isolation Abyss - the Perspective of the Individual We will try to reveal different aspects of Jewish life in the face of the badge of shame, ghettos and segregation, as well as the formation of individual, societies’ and leader’s reactions in the face of a consistent policy of dispossession and discrimination. Once you’ve completed this course, you can continue your learning with The Holocaust - An Introduction (II): The Final Solution (https://www.coursera.org/learn/holocaust-introduction-2/home/welcome) This online course is offered in an innovative, multi-level format, comprising: * Comprehensive lectures by leading researchers from Tel Aviv University and Yad Vashem. * A wealth of voices and viewpoints presented by guest lecturers. * Numerous documents, photos, testimonies and works of art from the time of the Holocaust. * Novel learning experience: Crowd sourcing – involving the learners themselves in the act of collecting and shaping information, via unique, exciting online assignments. REQUIREMENTS: This course is designed for anyone with an interest in the Holocaust, including students, teachers, academics and policy-makers....

D
Mar 27, 2016

A fascinating personal account of the atrocity while the world watched! This class is for everyone there is so much more to learn, thank you for everything you went out of you way to help, God Bless

DA
Jul 21, 2019

It is an eye-opening and humbling course. I appreciate how the content was presented through an engaging narrative. It led me to think more deeply about the Holocaust and humanity, for that matter.

101 - 125 of 284 Reviews for The Holocaust - An Introduction (I): Nazi Germany: Ideology, The Jews and the World

By Fion S

Sep 8, 2016

The lecturers are fantastic in explaining the details and information. Really loved it right from the start of the video lectures.

By Agnieszka M

Apr 2, 2020

Excellent course giving huge amount of knowledge and understanding of the Shoah history. I will definitely continue with part II.

By Thomas E

Feb 22, 2016

An excellent course to gain a broad and deep understanding of the first phases of the Holocaust. Great presentation and delivery.

By ANASTASIA K

Jan 18, 2021

Very interesting approach for an introductory course.

It promotes historical knowledge and critical thinking.

Highly recommended!

By Michel V C

Jun 28, 2019

Deseo un mayor conocimiento respecto a este tema y este curso me viene súper, lo mejor es que están en ESPAÑOL.

Muchas gracias.

By Francesca W

Aug 8, 2020

This course has been fantastic. Very well explained and the speakers did a great job transmitting knowledge. Congratulations.

By Alessandro R C

Mar 12, 2018

I thank the teacher for her clear explanations and indication of deep material on the subject. This is an excellent course !.

By Ricardo P M A

Sep 26, 2017

Excelente curso. Las referencias, los datos, los testimonios, extraordinaria profesora. Un curso totalmente profesional.

By Alagammai

Aug 31, 2020

Thanks a lot i did learn a lot from this course and came to know there is so much more about the holocaust than we think

By PERSEFONI K

Jan 19, 2021

very interesting course, very good the instrustor, so many things to learn, i am really thankful for taking this course

By Leo C

May 11, 2019

WOW! Content is upsetting but delivered in an engaging and challenging way! Changes the way you think and see things.

Dec 27, 2016

I'm really enjoying this course. It's teaching so much more information than I already owned about Nazism and WWII.

By Patrick v D

Nov 20, 2020

Excellent course!!!

Thanks for all that helped to make it possible. I have learnt so much that I never knew.

By Sharath B R C

Jul 21, 2017

Must for everyone who wishes to understand the destructive capabilities of human mind and the bad old days.

By Sharon D

Sep 10, 2016

This course was well presented. The additional information provided is helpful in pursuing further studies.

By Gabi D

Aug 29, 2020

This course not only changed my view of the Holocaust, but also the way in which I will further study it!

By Anthony R

Aug 19, 2020

An excellent overview to the Holocaust that leaves learners looking to the next class for more knowledge.

By Gerald M

Sep 21, 2017

It was very informative and I told a Jesuit priest of my taking the course and he now is very interested.

By Jan O

Jun 18, 2020

I'm thankfull for the clear and well compilated course I had the opportunity to follow.

Jan Oudenaarden

By Arlette A

Jun 1, 2020

This is a great course. I was able to reinforce my knowledge about the Holocaust. Thank you very much

By Alejandro

Sep 17, 2019

It was a great course that I´ve learned and very interesting topics to read and discuss. Thank You!!!

By MOSHE A

it was an amazing and highly interesting and inspiring course. Thank you to all the lecturers. Toda

By Laura G

Jun 11, 2019

Este curso estuvo excelente, de verdad lo recomiendo a quienes tengan algun interes por este tema.

By Andrea E S

Jun 29, 2016

A good compliment for the course of the modern jewish state. It cleared up many doubts. thank you

By Tatjana B

Jul 11, 2017

Thank you very much! A great course! Looking forward to learning even more through the Part two!