Back to The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management by University of Florida

There are over 100 million horses, donkeys and mules in the world today and owners of these animals can be found on almost every continent and in almost every society. The Horse Course will cover many unique aspects of equine ownership and touch upon the science behind many of today’s management practices....

ES
Jul 6, 2020

Great course. A must have for all horse lovers. The instructor explained everything in a way that I could understand and grow from. I have learned so much thanks to this course and greatly enjoyed it!

TC
Sep 8, 2018

I have learnt so much by taking this course, so thorough and engaging, ill be sad to not be studying this on my evenings anymore for sure.\n\n100% recommend. Thankyou for holding such a great course.

76 - 100 of 321 Reviews for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

By Taylor S

Dec 20, 2020

What an amazing class! The slides were easy to read and follow. Classes were very informative and I learned a lot of new things about equids. The instructor was easy to understand and very likable. Loved this class!

By Dita G

Mar 17, 2016

Amazing course! Gained a lot of knowledge about horse management and feeding, and a bunch of old, very well know things were revised and EXPLAINED in a manner, that is understandable for everyone. Thank you so much!

By Liz H

Mar 5, 2018

I have been a horse owner for about 20 years and still learned tons of things from this course. Some new things and some refreshers I had forgotten. Thank you so much for a great course, really enjoyed it a lot.

By Jeru J

Jul 2, 2019

To learn from an educator who clearly loves his subjects was fantastic. Concise, relevant & perfect for a beginner, who loves horses, & wants to learn how to effectively care for them. Thank you Dr. Mortensen!

By Floriza P

Jun 3, 2020

The course was very informative and comprehensive. I think it is very adequate for a basic course on horse care and management. I am looking forward to the advanced course. Thank you for offering this course.

By EMMANUEL O

Jul 23, 2019

I'm totally overwhelmed at how the course was structured. Everyone can learn from horse owners to healthcare professionals. I had the financial aid and gained knowledge too. Thanks to University of Florida.

By Elizabeth S

Jul 7, 2020

By Marina G

Dec 30, 2020

Thanks for the great course! I really enjoyed it! Dr. Mortensen made it fun. I appreciated his manner of presenting the material, captivating pictures and his passion and interest in horses.

By Lee A W

Oct 26, 2020

Great course for Equine enthusiast and for equine veterinarians who need a refresher of this topic. I appreciated this course so much and

I look forward to more equine or animal courses.

By Julia K

Feb 8, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and learned a lot about maintaining horses. I would love to see more horse (nutrition and ethology for example) courses offered by the University of Florida!

By Claudia M M G

Sep 29, 2020

Es un curso que permite analizar a los equinos desde lo básico hasta lo complejo, quien lo curse entenderá y avanzará en su aprendizaje con los ejercicios de aplicación. Muy buen curso.

By Dawn K

Mar 12, 2020

I enjoyed this course. I just could not walk away from my computer. The instructor was very clear on all the information he was passing on to us. He explained everything so clearly.

By Andrea M

Apr 26, 2021

This is an excellent Horse Course. I am really sad it is over but also I am very happy I got to learn so much about horse care and health. I highly recommend taking this course :)

By Gerry M

Jun 6, 2020

Well structured. Great instruction. Perfect pace. Easily understood. Extra material there if you want it. Very useful assignments if you wish to do them. A fantastic introduction.

By Reyna Z

Apr 23, 2021

An amazing course learning the wonderful equine basics! For anyone who is interested in equine lifestyle, or is wanting to learn about it, I can not recommend this course enough!

By José A L G

May 15, 2020

Excelente curso, abarca información básica y funcional para el cuidado de equinos. Las clases están perfectamente planeadas y realizadas. De fácil comprensión! Excelente trabajo!

By Anam k

Jun 25, 2017

Such a good informative course about Equids. I look at them in a completely different way now, than how I used to see them earlier. All credits to the course and the Professor.

By Annie L

Jun 3, 2016

Excellent course! The course content was informative and the instructor kept the flow going at a nice pace and was interesting to listen to. I highly recommend this course!

By Jennifer K

May 24, 2019

Very informative and interesting! The instructor is super motivated and you can tell he loves teaching about horses so it makes listening and learning even more fun! Thanks!

By Kathryn C

Apr 3, 2021

A great introductory course not only for those new to equids but also as a refresher for those with equine knowledge wanting to get back into developing good study habits.

By Laura K

Mar 11, 2016

Terrific course for the beginner owner and for those already with horses. There is so much to learn all around and the community discussions were so great! Thank you!

By Sandy B

Mar 8, 2016

I've owned and ridden horses for 20+ years and found plenty of content in this course of value. I definitely recommend it for the horse obsessed and inquisitive folks!

By Lisa W

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent Intro into all things equine. Some sections are more detailed than others but I was always happy with the supplemental resources our instructor provided.

By Natasha C

May 7, 2019

Very informative and enjoyable. Suitable to anyone wishing to expand their equine knowledge and potentially continue their education and career in the equine world.

By Katherine C

Nov 20, 2016

An excellent course providing a broad range of information. I highly recommend it, and hope that Coursera expands their range of Horse (and other animal) courses.