Back to The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management by University of Florida

There are over 100 million horses, donkeys and mules in the world today and owners of these animals can be found on almost every continent and in almost every society. The Horse Course will cover many unique aspects of equine ownership and touch upon the science behind many of today’s management practices....

ES
Jul 6, 2020

Great course. A must have for all horse lovers. The instructor explained everything in a way that I could understand and grow from. I have learned so much thanks to this course and greatly enjoyed it!

TC
Sep 8, 2018

I have learnt so much by taking this course, so thorough and engaging, ill be sad to not be studying this on my evenings anymore for sure.\n\n100% recommend. Thankyou for holding such a great course.

76 - 100 of 304 Reviews for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

By EMMANUEL O

Jul 23, 2019

I'm totally overwhelmed at how the course was structured. Everyone can learn from horse owners to healthcare professionals. I had the financial aid and gained knowledge too. Thanks to University of Florida.

By Elizabeth S

Jul 7, 2020

By Kellie T

Nov 21, 2020

Excellent course! Covered a lot of important horse topics which helped me further educate myself in the horse world allowing me to better take care of my own horse. Highly recommend this course.

By Marina G

Dec 30, 2020

Thanks for the great course! I really enjoyed it! Dr. Mortensen made it fun. I appreciated his manner of presenting the material, captivating pictures and his passion and interest in horses.

By Lori L

A very good overview of basic care and management of horses. Considering the forum through which it is presented, and the limitations of time and content, the course was very well presented.

By Lee A W

Oct 26, 2020

Great course for Equine enthusiast and for equine veterinarians who need a refresher of this topic. I appreciated this course so much and

I look forward to more equine or animal courses.

By Julia K

Feb 8, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and learned a lot about maintaining horses. I would love to see more horse (nutrition and ethology for example) courses offered by the University of Florida!

By Claudia M M G

Sep 29, 2020

Es un curso que permite analizar a los equinos desde lo básico hasta lo complejo, quien lo curse entenderá y avanzará en su aprendizaje con los ejercicios de aplicación. Muy buen curso.

By Dawn K

Mar 12, 2020

I enjoyed this course. I just could not walk away from my computer. The instructor was very clear on all the information he was passing on to us. He explained everything so clearly.

By Gerry M

Jun 6, 2020

Well structured. Great instruction. Perfect pace. Easily understood. Extra material there if you want it. Very useful assignments if you wish to do them. A fantastic introduction.

By José A L G

May 15, 2020

Excelente curso, abarca información básica y funcional para el cuidado de equinos. Las clases están perfectamente planeadas y realizadas. De fácil comprensión! Excelente trabajo!

By Anam K

Jun 25, 2017

Such a good informative course about Equids. I look at them in a completely different way now, than how I used to see them earlier. All credits to the course and the Professor.

By Annie L

Jun 3, 2016

Excellent course! The course content was informative and the instructor kept the flow going at a nice pace and was interesting to listen to. I highly recommend this course!

By Jennifer K

May 24, 2019

Very informative and interesting! The instructor is super motivated and you can tell he loves teaching about horses so it makes listening and learning even more fun! Thanks!

By Laura K

Mar 11, 2016

Terrific course for the beginner owner and for those already with horses. There is so much to learn all around and the community discussions were so great! Thank you!

By Sandy B

Mar 8, 2016

I've owned and ridden horses for 20+ years and found plenty of content in this course of value. I definitely recommend it for the horse obsessed and inquisitive folks!

By Lisa W

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent Intro into all things equine. Some sections are more detailed than others but I was always happy with the supplemental resources our instructor provided.

By Natasha C

May 7, 2019

Very informative and enjoyable. Suitable to anyone wishing to expand their equine knowledge and potentially continue their education and career in the equine world.

By Katherine C

Nov 20, 2016

An excellent course providing a broad range of information. I highly recommend it, and hope that Coursera expands their range of Horse (and other animal) courses.

By Cason T

Apr 27, 2019

Very useful beginner course. If you can add a lecture about skeletal anatomy of equine and talk about the function of each major bone, that will be even better.

By Sandi B

Feb 5, 2016

This was a great course as an introductory course. For me it worked as a great refresher course and supported my management process I currently have in place.

By Tonia

Mar 17, 2018

Such a well-rounded class. The professor was excellent and the material completely relevant to all things need for the basic care of horses. Highly recommend!

By ASHLEY P

May 27, 2018

This course is amazing! Very easy, yet very informative! The instructor is easy to understand and very personable. I recommend this course to everyone!

By Tammie T

May 5, 2016

Great informative course for anyone who owns or wishes to own an equid. All basics that any owner should know are covered as well as many more topics.

By Karen W

Nov 4, 2020

I was surprised at the amount of content in the course and feel I have learned a lot. Thank you for the many hours spent putting this course together