Back to The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management by University of Florida

There are over 100 million horses, donkeys and mules in the world today and owners of these animals can be found on almost every continent and in almost every society. The Horse Course will cover many unique aspects of equine ownership and touch upon the science behind many of today’s management practices....

ES
Jul 6, 2020

Great course. A must have for all horse lovers. The instructor explained everything in a way that I could understand and grow from. I have learned so much thanks to this course and greatly enjoyed it!

TC
Sep 8, 2018

I have learnt so much by taking this course, so thorough and engaging, ill be sad to not be studying this on my evenings anymore for sure.\n\n100% recommend. Thankyou for holding such a great course.

101 - 125 of 339 Reviews for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

By Sandy B

Mar 8, 2016

I've owned and ridden horses for 20+ years and found plenty of content in this course of value. I definitely recommend it for the horse obsessed and inquisitive folks!

By Lisa W

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent Intro into all things equine. Some sections are more detailed than others but I was always happy with the supplemental resources our instructor provided.

By Natasha C

May 7, 2019

Very informative and enjoyable. Suitable to anyone wishing to expand their equine knowledge and potentially continue their education and career in the equine world.

By Katherine C

Nov 20, 2016

An excellent course providing a broad range of information. I highly recommend it, and hope that Coursera expands their range of Horse (and other animal) courses.

By Cason T

Apr 27, 2019

Very useful beginner course. If you can add a lecture about skeletal anatomy of equine and talk about the function of each major bone, that will be even better.

By Susan G

Oct 1, 2021

What a great course and great teacher. Easy to understand and I learned so much. Definitely leave feeling more confident and knowledgable about basic horse care

By Sandi B

Feb 5, 2016

This was a great course as an introductory course. For me it worked as a great refresher course and supported my management process I currently have in place.

By Tonia

Mar 17, 2018

Such a well-rounded class. The professor was excellent and the material completely relevant to all things need for the basic care of horses. Highly recommend!

By Samantha

Aug 4, 2021

i absolutely loved this course!! i have learnt so much. i will tell anybody new or experienced in horses to take this course. you will learn something new!

By Jason A

Aug 18, 2021

T​hanks Dr Chris, Great content and delivery was amazing. I have been around horses for a lot of years and I still filled over 50pages of new information

By ASHLEY P

May 27, 2018

This course is amazing! Very easy, yet very informative! The instructor is easy to understand and very personable. I recommend this course to everyone!

By Dana M

Jul 31, 2021

One of the best courses out there, at first I was a bit skeptical and hesitant about it, but now that i have finished it. couldn't be happier with it.

By Caroline B

Jul 8, 2021

It is a amazing good course, which gives you an complete overall of all necessary area. Thank you so much to all you were involved in creating it!!!!!

By Tammie T

May 5, 2016

Great informative course for anyone who owns or wishes to own an equid. All basics that any owner should know are covered as well as many more topics.

By Karen W

Nov 4, 2020

I was surprised at the amount of content in the course and feel I have learned a lot. Thank you for the many hours spent putting this course together

By Vale

Jun 23, 2020

Un curso en el que se puede aprender demasiado, está súper completo y aparte los que amamos animales como los caballos lo podemos dizfrutar un montón

By Julie B

May 5, 2020

This course was very fun to participate in. It had lots of great and important information. If I had the choice to take it again I definitely would.

By Edwin M

Jul 9, 2017

This was an excellent introduction to horses as well as the basic care they require, I learned a great deal as well it was fun and challenging.

By Elizabeth S

Oct 1, 2020

This is a really helpful and useful course and I truly appreciate all the time the professor has put into these lectures creating this course!

By Linda M

Mar 8, 2016

Great course! Great presentations and well structured! Would've been nice to get some answers from the professional on the discussion board...

By Patricia B A

Jul 9, 2019

I loved this course! I learned so much! I feel that all the information is substantial for someone that has or wants to have a horse one day.

By Emeli K W

Mar 8, 2018

great course! I learned a lot of new things and things I allready knew about was confirmed :) I think my horse was glad I took this course ;)

By D.r : G M A

Apr 13, 2020

I was pleased to learn from you ... more than a wonderful course ... with full love and appreciation

Veterinarian Ghazwan Muhammad Al-Sheikh

By Cornelius d P

Oct 5, 2019

Thank you Dr, Chris and the team. It's a great course. Very well presented with lots of fun activities to help memorize all the information.

By Michelle H

Feb 19, 2016

Love the teacher! Even though the full course hasn't started yet, I loved the introduction and can't wait to get started on the full course!