Back to The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management by University of Florida

There are over 100 million horses, donkeys and mules in the world today and owners of these animals can be found on almost every continent and in almost every society. The Horse Course will cover many unique aspects of equine ownership and touch upon the science behind many of today’s management practices....

ES

Jul 6, 2020

Great course. A must have for all horse lovers. The instructor explained everything in a way that I could understand and grow from. I have learned so much thanks to this course and greatly enjoyed it!

TC

Sep 8, 2018

I have learnt so much by taking this course, so thorough and engaging, ill be sad to not be studying this on my evenings anymore for sure.

100% recommend. Thankyou for holding such a great course.

101 - 125 of 373 Reviews for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

By Bhavya C

Jul 15, 2021

It was fun and Informative course ,like i learned a Lot of things from this course and i felt this was the perfect introductory course . And thank you so much for this course

By Annie L

Jun 3, 2016

Excellent course! The course content was informative and the instructor kept the flow going at a nice pace and was interesting to listen to. I highly recommend this course!

By Jennifer K

May 24, 2019

Very informative and interesting! The instructor is super motivated and you can tell he loves teaching about horses so it makes listening and learning even more fun! Thanks!

By Kathryn C

Apr 3, 2021

A great introductory course not only for those new to equids but also as a refresher for those with equine knowledge wanting to get back into developing good study habits.

By Lucretia C

Nov 10, 2022

Great course. There were topics I didn't know I didn't know. i recommed this to anyone that is around horses even if you don't own them and you just work at the barns.

By Laura K

Mar 11, 2016

Terrific course for the beginner owner and for those already with horses. There is so much to learn all around and the community discussions were so great! Thank you!

By Sandy B

Mar 8, 2016

I've owned and ridden horses for 20+ years and found plenty of content in this course of value. I definitely recommend it for the horse obsessed and inquisitive folks!

By Bernadette B

May 19, 2022

This course is absoultely brilliant! Informative and beautifully designed and presented. I have learned so much about how to correctly look after horses and donkeys.

By Lisa W

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent Intro into all things equine. Some sections are more detailed than others but I was always happy with the supplemental resources our instructor provided.

By Natasha C

May 7, 2019

Very informative and enjoyable. Suitable to anyone wishing to expand their equine knowledge and potentially continue their education and career in the equine world.

By Darlene

Dec 17, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed the selection of topics, length of videos, extra links, course quizes and practical exerises. Greatly enhanced my equid knowledge...thank you

By Katherine C

Nov 20, 2016

An excellent course providing a broad range of information. I highly recommend it, and hope that Coursera expands their range of Horse (and other animal) courses.

By Cason T

Apr 27, 2019

Very useful beginner course. If you can add a lecture about skeletal anatomy of equine and talk about the function of each major bone, that will be even better.

By Susan G

Oct 1, 2021

What a great course and great teacher. Easy to understand and I learned so much. Definitely leave feeling more confident and knowledgable about basic horse care

By Sandi B

Feb 5, 2016

This was a great course as an introductory course. For me it worked as a great refresher course and supported my management process I currently have in place.

By Tonia

Mar 17, 2018

Such a well-rounded class. The professor was excellent and the material completely relevant to all things need for the basic care of horses. Highly recommend!

By Samantha

Aug 4, 2021

i absolutely loved this course!! i have learnt so much. i will tell anybody new or experienced in horses to take this course. you will learn something new!

By Jason A

Aug 18, 2021

Thanks Dr Chris, Great content and delivery was amazing. I have been around horses for a lot of years and I still filled over 50pages of new information

By ASHLEY P

May 27, 2018

This course is amazing! Very easy, yet very informative! The instructor is easy to understand and very personable. I recommend this course to everyone!

By Dana M

Jul 31, 2021

One of the best courses out there, at first I was a bit skeptical and hesitant about it, but now that i have finished it. couldn't be happier with it.

By Caroline B

Jul 8, 2021

It is a amazing good course, which gives you an complete overall of all necessary area. Thank you so much to all you were involved in creating it!!!!!

By Tammie T

May 5, 2016

Great informative course for anyone who owns or wishes to own an equid. All basics that any owner should know are covered as well as many more topics.

By Karen W

Nov 4, 2020

I was surprised at the amount of content in the course and feel I have learned a lot. Thank you for the many hours spent putting this course together

By Vale

Jun 23, 2020

Un curso en el que se puede aprender demasiado, está súper completo y aparte los que amamos animales como los caballos lo podemos dizfrutar un montón

By Julie B

May 5, 2020

This course was very fun to participate in. It had lots of great and important information. If I had the choice to take it again I definitely would.