Back to The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management by University of Florida

There are over 100 million horses, donkeys and mules in the world today and owners of these animals can be found on almost every continent and in almost every society. The Horse Course will cover many unique aspects of equine ownership and touch upon the science behind many of today’s management practices....

ES
Jul 6, 2020

Great course. A must have for all horse lovers. The instructor explained everything in a way that I could understand and grow from. I have learned so much thanks to this course and greatly enjoyed it!

TC
Sep 8, 2018

I have learnt so much by taking this course, so thorough and engaging, ill be sad to not be studying this on my evenings anymore for sure.\n\n100% recommend. Thankyou for holding such a great course.

101 - 125 of 321 Reviews for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

By Cason T

Apr 27, 2019

Very useful beginner course. If you can add a lecture about skeletal anatomy of equine and talk about the function of each major bone, that will be even better.

By Sandi B

Feb 5, 2016

This was a great course as an introductory course. For me it worked as a great refresher course and supported my management process I currently have in place.

By Tonia

Mar 17, 2018

Such a well-rounded class. The professor was excellent and the material completely relevant to all things need for the basic care of horses. Highly recommend!

By ASHLEY P

May 27, 2018

This course is amazing! Very easy, yet very informative! The instructor is easy to understand and very personable. I recommend this course to everyone!

By Tammie T

May 5, 2016

Great informative course for anyone who owns or wishes to own an equid. All basics that any owner should know are covered as well as many more topics.

By Karen W

Nov 4, 2020

I was surprised at the amount of content in the course and feel I have learned a lot. Thank you for the many hours spent putting this course together

By Vale

Jun 23, 2020

Un curso en el que se puede aprender demasiado, está súper completo y aparte los que amamos animales como los caballos lo podemos dizfrutar un montón

By Julie B

May 5, 2020

This course was very fun to participate in. It had lots of great and important information. If I had the choice to take it again I definitely would.

By Edwin M

Jul 9, 2017

This was an excellent introduction to horses as well as the basic care they require, I learned a great deal as well it was fun and challenging.

By Elizabeth S

Oct 1, 2020

This is a really helpful and useful course and I truly appreciate all the time the professor has put into these lectures creating this course!

By Linda M

Mar 8, 2016

Great course! Great presentations and well structured! Would've been nice to get some answers from the professional on the discussion board...

By Patricia B A

Jul 9, 2019

I loved this course! I learned so much! I feel that all the information is substantial for someone that has or wants to have a horse one day.

By Emeli K W

Mar 8, 2018

great course! I learned a lot of new things and things I allready knew about was confirmed :) I think my horse was glad I took this course ;)

By D.r : G M A

Apr 13, 2020

I was pleased to learn from you ... more than a wonderful course ... with full love and appreciation

Veterinarian Ghazwan Muhammad Al-Sheikh

By Cornelius d P

Oct 5, 2019

Thank you Dr, Chris and the team. It's a great course. Very well presented with lots of fun activities to help memorize all the information.

By Michelle H

Feb 19, 2016

Love the teacher! Even though the full course hasn't started yet, I loved the introduction and can't wait to get started on the full course!

By Dominika W

Jul 29, 2018

The course was truly great, well prepared and included all the specific knowledge on high level! I am very satisfied of joining the course!

By K B

Dec 28, 2019

The Coursera and Dr. Mortenson teams did and excellent job with this course. I highly recommend it! I’d love more courses about horses.

By Linda T

Apr 18, 2018

Really enjoying this course, I would say it was higher than just a basic course, but very interesting and offering so much information.

By ROBIN B

Sep 18, 2020

Great class, just the right level of information to learn, but not too much to become overwhelmed. Professor was fun and enthusiastic.

By Elli M

Apr 30, 2018

Great course! Covers a large breadth of topics from hoof anatomy to breeding. Even as a more experienced horse person I learned a lot.

By gemma g

Apr 11, 2017

As not owning a horse myself i feel this was great information to encounter. I feel this gives me an inmsite into equids as a whole.

By Kathrine m

Dec 27, 2020

if you are considering buying a horse for the first time then doo this course it will help/prevent the many mistakes made by owners

By Vanessa S D

Nov 27, 2017

Me gusto como el orden como lo dan, la información aporto mucho a mi practica diaria. El Dr. fue muy profesional y domina el tema.