Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV
May 9, 2020

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

MS
May 6, 2020

Mind blowing.. excellent study by Prof. Bloomfield. Hatsoff to you sir. Very excellent representation of physics concepts by taking interesting examples. Good Pesonalited Professor i have ever seen .

226 - 250 of 702 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Abhishek s

Jul 7, 2020

Excellent insight into how things really work. Beautifully explained and really appreciate the amount of effort taken in doing the experiments.

By Sohit M

Apr 23, 2016

Perfect Course for someone who wants to understand the basics and the important points that we need to keep in mind while working with Physics.

By Arijeet B

Jan 16, 2021

This course is all about practical use cases explained very well. The concepts are explained in a manner which anybody will be able to grasp.

By Diego R

Jan 25, 2016

Excellent use of internet education in order to transmit fundamental mechanical physics. Hope to see more where this came from in the future.

By Lucas Z

Oct 7, 2020

Exceptional course, with a highly engaging professor whose explanations are really clear. Can't wait for the next season of How Things Work!

By MOK S W

Jun 5, 2019

I really appreciate the daily examples that Professor Bloomfield uses for explanation, which make the course interesting and easy to follow.

By Bobi D

Jan 5, 2020

Great refresher and fantastic presentation. Professor Bloomfield should be considered for his own Great Course with The Learning Company.

By Laura M

Aug 7, 2017

amo al profesor, lástima que no pudiera seguir con esta serie de cursos pues aclaró muchas confusiones que tenía respecto a la cinemática.

By Nivi A

Mar 1, 2017

I started loving physics even more. Thanks to this course I learnt a lot. Looking forward to have more advanced physics courses like this.

By Gia Q L

Sep 2, 2020

Thank you for this course. I got more knowledge of basic Physics. And from this course, I can open my mind, see Physics in the real life.

By Kateryna S

Nov 1, 2015

Demosntrations involved in the course is a great way to understand the material, thanks a lot) enjoyed your style and manner of lecturing

By Sylvia H

Aug 16, 2020

Lou was really helpful and I learned physics quite quickly thanks to him.

Knowing this physics is a start to help me get to my dream job.

By Kasuntha M

Jan 30, 2021

Great course to learn about How Things Work with physics and highly recommend this course. Thank you for offering this valuable course.

By rita

Jun 10, 2016

If my high school teachers were like this I might had ended up physicist. Great videos, engaging style, good explanations. I loved it!

By Pulvio T C G

Jan 19, 2021

I liked this course. It was very interesting about the experiments. I think is very important the experiments in the physics subject.

By James P

Nov 22, 2020

Fantastic course, and a great way to try to explain physics through the use of common objects. Lou is a great and engaging professor.

By Dominika K

May 20, 2017

What the course really focuses on is understanding of physics. I like this idea because I feel overwhelmed by calculations at school.

By Abilkhair K

Sep 28, 2020

The language is simple and it is nearly imposiible to not understand at least first 4 weeks(I struggled a bit beginning from wheels)

By Sudipti A

May 31, 2016

The professor is really informative and thoroughly explains the concepts. It's a great course to take as an introduction to Physics.

By Nihariekha

Jan 22, 2018

the course was very easy to understand and special kudos to Professor Bloomfield for the way he taught and explained the concepts.

By Fernando M

Dec 27, 2020

Excelent course. Great charisma from the professor, easy to follow and even if you dominate this topics, you will learn something.

By TAMIZHSELVAN S

Aug 29, 2020

A good start for mechanical physics. Easy lecture, so that i can easily correlate them with corresponding mathematical equation

By Theodore C

Jun 8, 2020

I love this class!!!

It is so fun that students never get bored!!!

I wish i could give this class more than 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Madhushree P

Nov 1, 2016

Very interesting, simple and fun. Thankyou Professor Lou and look forward to more such videos on mechanical physics from you.