Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

HR

Excellent Course for someone who seeks to learn Physics and its applications. Professor Bloomfield is Exceptional as he explains concepts with practical examples. Definitely a highly worthy course!!!

26 - 50 of 541 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Ronak

Jun 08, 2020

A very useful course in the context of physics and with the guidence of professor Lou Bloomfield. Thank you very much for this course is was really informative.

By Sudhaharan T

It is an Amazing course to understand the physics in our everyday life. The professor has done an extremely good job!. A Great course!

By Chandrakiran c c

It was really interesting to study all these concepts of physics by prof.lou bloomfield. thanyou for making these sessions amazing

By Zaid B K

Jun 04, 2020

Great teaching. The instructor created a really friendly environment which kept my eyes and interest focused on the course.

By Chaima N

C'est un excellent cours merci énormément notre cher professeur , vous êtes vraiment.

un grand respect

By ASAD K

Jun 02, 2020

it is so much excited and lot of fun that i learned from Prof louis. Thanks sir love you sir.

By Rachana S

very practical and enjoyable course while learning

By Dr. M D

EXCELLENT TUTORIALS PROVIDED

By Rohan M R

Jun 01, 2020

Good course nice explanation

By Rajendra D

Jun 02, 2020

it was very good experience

By AJAY J

By Venkatesh R

Nice

By Ranajit P C

Jun 06, 2020

explanation of each topic is very good. i really impress by the basics explained by sir for each topic in very simple manner

By Emmanuel D M

Jun 02, 2020

I would appreciate it if in the forums the teacher/facilitator would also answer the questions we raised.

By SREERAM K V S U

GOOD

By Maymoonah B O

Nov 22, 2018

the problem is that you have to pay to submit quizzes otherwise it is very good.

By Josue R

Oct 20, 2017

se ve interesante, pero cuesta mucho con los cuestionarios en ingles y las traducciones al español; deberían mejor la traducción general al español latino :)

By ron r

Feb 14, 2016

it so boring

By David R

Aug 02, 2020

Professor Bloomfield is full of enthusiasm and it's clear that he loves his work and his field. The course is highly accessible and explains physics in ways that most people can easily grasp. There are no equations, formulas, cryptic symbols or technical jargon to interfere with the learning process. Anyone can learn the principles conveyed in this course. My one suggestion is that I'd like to see a glossary that defines terms such as energy, force, momentum, weight, velocity etc. with the specific meanings that apply to the course and the distinctions between them. In everyday life, all of these words are interchangeable. Is there another word for synonym? Thanks to everyone involved, this was a very worthwhile program of study.

By Larry J

Sep 16, 2015

It has been many years since I've had a physics course. I've got a doctorate in another field. I've been looking into bio-mechanical interfaces and felt that I needed to review some basic physics without all the hassle of a formal course and with the option of skipping around if I felt the material was too basic. The lecture series allowed me to quickly and easily review some basic concepts without a formal structure.

I also have to say Dr. B. did a terrific job of translating some potentially daunting concepts into enjoyable yet serious teaching metaphors. A seriously fantastic job. Obviously, as noted the gradient lecture series has some personal interest and I think that you might consider some introduction to matter.

By Tami M

Nov 19, 2017

This course is glorious. I never thought my mind could understand physics because throughout school, it was just esoteric. I had MANY questions about theories and their application, but felt like my questions were stupid and clearly I just wasn't cut out for the subject. But now to have those misunderstandings cleared up, to have my eyes opened to physics in my daily world, to get to grips with physics sans formulae - it's almost magical. A very, very masterful crafted course as well - thought-provoking questions, structuring the modules themselves around key, practical questions, the physical illustrations - it's great. Thank you!

By Maryann X

Jul 24, 2020

I did poorly in my AP Physics class in high school and thought that I would never be able to understand physics. After taking Professor Bloomfield's class, however, I was properly introduced to the wonderful world of physics and began to truly appreciate the subject. Instead of reciting formulas and learning theories, this class teaches you concepts applicable to everything around you. Professor Bloomfield is an exceptional professor who constantly keeps you engaged and entertained in class while imparting you with knowledge that you'll carry with you wherever you go.

By Shaurya R

Jul 06, 2020

Professor Louis . A Bloomfield is a very enthusiastic and funny teacher. I love and appreciate his hard work and find his teachings very useful and understandable. He is a very fabulous and fantastic physics professor I enjoyed watching his videos and learned a lot. I could connect very easily with him. Really you are a wonderful teacher/professor. Don't have enough words to describe how much I enjoyed your videos. I am looking forward to continuing with season 2 of How Things Work.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS FANTASTIC COURSE, SIR!