Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

HR

Excellent Course for someone who seeks to learn Physics and its applications. Professor Bloomfield is Exceptional as he explains concepts with practical examples. Definitely a highly worthy course!!!

76 - 100 of 640 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By SUKANYA S

This was my first ever online course and it turned out to be quite an exciting experience. Although we have already studied all of the concepts covered in school also, this course was especially insightful.

What a beautiful way of looking at the world and the physics behind.

Professor Lou's smile, energy and passion made all the difference.

Would definitely devour a second season.

By Shiyan L

Jun 09, 2019

It's been very helpful, and it didn't take much time to finish. Although I think some answers to the questions asked in the videos are a bit confusing (I believe some questions have multiple correct answers and some I can't see clearly the connection between them and the course, better with more explanation...), the course is overall high-qualified and well arranged. Thank you!

By Peh K S

Jul 11, 2020

Prof. Bloomfield has given a good intuitive understanding of mechanics to the audience. Having a good grasp of how forces and inertia govern our daily interactions with the surrounding makes living more interesting and meaningful. By introducing wheels, levers, see-saws and rampls as machines, by Prof. Bloomfield has given me a new meaning to these principles.

By CHINMAYEE D

Sep 25, 2020

I just loved this course. I am just out of words and I really thank this course instructor to insight us on various physical worlds. As a Ph.D. student, we mainly focus on our definite topic so I wanted to attain this course only to exercise my mind. thank you Coursera and thank you everyone who is solely a part of this online teaching platform.

Thanking you

By Bryan K V D

Sep 27, 2020

Very Interesting course indeed! Really learned alot on how things work on our everyday lives and just makes everything about life more interesting. Yes, it may be complicated, but it's real life and we got to know all this stuff. Thnak you professor Lou Bloomfield for the excellent teaching about this course. Much love from the Philippines!

-Kyle Delfino :]

By Nikhil B B

Apr 12, 2020

Thanks to Coursera for providing such a wonderful course. This course help me lot to enhance my fundamental concepts of Physics. From now am a big fan of Professor Lou Bloomfield teaching. This course is beneficial for all the Physics Lover and those don't like Physics then watch it this course, I am pretty much sure you will fall in love with Physics.

By Lawrence M

Aug 31, 2017

The course is an examination of simple physics concepts. It is excellent for preparing someone for a more math-intensive physics course, and for refining your understanding and appreciation of the physics principles that govern day-to-day events and interactions. Professor Bloomfield promises to teach you how things work, and delivers nothing less.

By Christopher R

Sep 06, 2018

Professor Bloomfield was great, this is a perfect class for reviewing concepts or for someone like myself as an introduction to physics I missed in high school and junior college. I really needed the course to improve my physics terminology more than conceptual understanding, though I am certain I improved both. Thank you Professor Bloomfield!

By Abdul W

Jun 13, 2020

Very interesting and enjoyment course taught by the Dr. Louis A. Bloomfied,. I really enjoyed that course and I recommended my all fellows to registered in this course for enjoyment the Physics of how things works. Thank you very much Sir Dr. Louis A. Bloomfield and the University of Virginia teams for offering such interesting course.

By Lauren W

Jun 21, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Thanks to Lou, I can now have a conversation with my friend who did physics at university and I am able to understand what she is talking about (most of the time, at least, haha!). I have enjoyed learning for my own pleasure very much and I would love to do a part two of this course if one is made.

By Jillian A

Jun 25, 2020

This was a great intro to physics course! The methodology behind how the course is structured is perfect for really building an understanding of all of the basic concepts, and the ties to everyday life and objects help to cultivate a more authentic learning experience. I personally don't enjoy physics, but I did enjoy this course!

By Pratham S

Aug 28, 2017

This is an amazing course with fundamental details towards physics and on How Things Work! It helps you learn how to use Physics in Daily Day-to-day lives and it sure did help me on my skills towards Physics and in Science. Along with that, there is a great and funny professor, who teaches you about Physics and in How Things Work!

By Anika S G

Jan 15, 2018

This is one of my favorite courses on Coursera so far. Lou explains how things work in a visual way that I believe would be interesting to all learners. He is very passionate and excited while teaching and that makes watching his videos ten times better. I recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn basic physics knowledge.

By Huey N L

May 16, 2017

An excellent course by an excellent professor! Professor Bloomfield is passionate and enthusiastic about his work. The real life demonstrations with everyday objects made understanding the science of physics so easy and accessible. 10/10 would recommend to anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of the world around them.

By Carl R

May 23, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. I am at novice at online courses but experienced in general study courses. The lecturer really makes the course material interesting with real life scenarios and his energetic approach. Really enjoyed the course and if time allows it would like to consider taking the follow up. Thank You LOU!!

By bhakti p

Apr 23, 2020

The course is so well explained by examples, as rightly said by Albert Einstein "examples isn't the another way of teaching, examples is the only way of teaching"

I learned, how, when and where to apply which law of physics with this. Thank your very much coursera and the resourceful persons attached with it

By simon d

Oct 19, 2015

Very useful course as an introduction to how things work. Louis Bloomfield is fantastic. The enthusiasm and way he explains things are a credit to him and the university. If only all teachers/lecturers/instructors could be as enthusiastic and animated! Thanks for providing this course. Where is part two?

By Kelly

Nov 01, 2015

Thank you, Lou, for an extremely interesting and informative course. I enjoyed it, and would like to see it continue. You have a way of explaining things for the non-physics-major that FINALLY makes all this sink in. I'm happy to understand the world around me a little better -- it's even helped with a few

By Nidhi R

Dec 29, 2019

As an eleven year old I found this course very interesting. it was clear and I was able to understand the main topics and key facts. the videos were also fun with outdoor activities and real life questions in between. Mr. Louis A. Bloomfield was a great instructor and I really loved the course over all.

By Paolo F

Dec 30, 2017

A uniqe opportunity for people who do not have science / engineering backgrounds to understand basic physics concepts.

Prof. Bloomfield is amazing in explaining supposedly complicated topics with absolute clarity and passion.

One of the best course I have ever taken. Look forward to part 2!

By Dante E P M

Apr 08, 2017

This is a great course, sometimes in the college you do not understand some things, some concepts that are easy but sometimes in school the proffesors are not able to communicate the idea.

I will recommend this course to all people who enjoy to learn how things work.

Sorry about my English

By Karime A C

Apr 27, 2020

What an amazing course! the teacher have a huge passion about Physics and to teach about it, he shows that in class and make you have the same feeling by explaining everything in an easy, fun and dynamic way! I cant wait to see the second part of this course... I even bought his book!

By Catherine C

Jul 20, 2020

Really concise coverage of basic physics content! Great for people looking for an overview of physics without getting overly involved with mathematical calculations and super complex theory. Great instructor who clearly knew what he was doing and was excited about the material.

By Karmanyaraj S Y

Apr 17, 2020

I loved it, this course was engaging throughout and I actually tested out a lot of experiments shown by the professor. The quizzes were pretty captivating and allured me through the course. The scope of this program really helped me out with my high school curriculum as well.

By Daniel A V M

Sep 18, 2020

He's such an amazing teacher, I'm not a native english speaker, however I was able to follow the class without subtitles because his pronutiation is clear and fluent. I highly recommend that you take this course to learn about Mechanical Physics applied to the real world